Aud's House of Nonsense 8)

Discussion in 'Your Bijou Blogette' started by rainbowbarnacle, Dec 16, 2018.

1. rainbowbarnacle

rainbowbarnacle Cat Aggrandizer

Also: There is a little spider in my bathroom. They're kinda spindly and reddish looking? They've been living in the ceiling corner to the left of the medicine cabinet for about a week now.

I have a giant incoherent fear of spiders landing on me so normally I have Luka put them outside--I don't think I could ever do the thing where one could live in a tomato plant or something, even if they're useful and more or less harmless. It's not even an "eww icky spider" thing, it's that they often skitter like they're panicking, and then -I- panic, and then -they- panic, and it's a miserable time for all. If they stayed still or moved slowly, spiders wouldn't wig me out so much. (Luka suggested once that I look at them closely and try to imagine them as ocean animals, like little deep sea creatures or something, and weirdly enough that sort of works! Although sometimes crabs give me the same skittery heebie jeebies as spiders do, especially fiddler crabs. x_x I've had nightmares about fiddler crabs.)

But this one mostly just stays on the ceiling and doesn't do much. I can tell they move around sometimes, because often they're facing a different direction than when I saw them last, so I know they're not a little starveling husk up there or anything. I've only seen them actually wandering around once, last night, and I just kinda turned off the light and wished them good hunting and please please please please please don't land in my hair, and later they were back in their corner again like normal.

So I brushed my teeth and told them goodnight and went to bed. And so another day begins, and I guess I have a spider roommate. X)

• Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
  2. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

oh, a cellar spider! my house was full of them as a kid and thus they are the only kind of spider i can’t stand, lol. you may be pleased to know they don’t do much web-rappelling, they prefer to climb down walls when they want to descend, which is rarely! they’re pretty sedate corner-lurkers ime but they do tend to go forth and multiply, so look out for colonists in other rooms.

• Agree x 2
    • Informative x 2
  3. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

yeah, they don't go anywhere. once in a blue moon you might find one delicately picking its way along the baseboard, but they won't come anywhere near you. the closest i ever come to touching one is when i get down some kitchen item from the very top shelf and find that one has set up housekeeping in it. (of course i don't mind touching spiders, but these ones are so very delicate i don't dare pick them up, so i just tip them out into the compost bin where they can get a ride outside.)

they remain wee and wispy forever, btw. they don't ever get big or substantial. they're just dandelion fluffs that hang out in corners and eat gnats.

i love them. :3

Last edited: Nov 16, 2019
    • Like x 1
    • Informative x 1
  4. rainbowbarnacle

ALL HAIL SOCK SOCKS

[​IMG]

• Winner x 9
    • Agree x 1
  5. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

6. rainbowbarnacle

Daaaaaaaaw!!!

(also YOINK I'm totally writing about face fishes later)

7. rainbowbarnacle

Here we have: yellow squash, zucchini, white and purple cauliflower, broccoli, red and yellow and orange peppers, and tri-color carrots, seasoned with olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic. I have brussels sprouts in the oven atm but I might keep those separate.

[​IMG]

Noooommmmmmmm.

• Winner x 6
  8. rainbowbarnacle

wow, one minute you're having a perfectly normal day, and then somebody's screaming at you.

a few minutes ago I got back from turning in a proof for my SNAP interview (thank you barb for ride) and when i entered the building I saw somebody's wire rack thing with a bunch of stuff in it, and so I peered up the stairwell and there was this middle aged dude with a second wire rack of stuff and I said "oh hey, did you want help with this?"

and he said "No, I don't want any help, I want to be left ALONE because I don't LIKE people. I've gone all up and down this street and everybody keeps BOTHERING ME. There was a girl smoking outside the door and I fucking told her off, you're not supposed to do that. I hate it here, I hate Northfield, I fucking HATE this town and everyone in it and I just want to be left ALONE and I gotta drag these FUCKING THINGS down the stairs." and the whole time his voice is just getting louder and louder and more trembly and he's making these sharp gestures with his arms and so I said "Oh, ok, sorry," and got away from him as fast as I could, and I hear him hauling the second rack thing with his stuff in it, yelling, "FUCK NORTHFIELD, FUCKFIELD, that's what they should call it" and every time it thumps he goes "FUCKFIELD" and then I got my keys in the door and got inside and had a panic attack.

i wonder if he was off his meds. i wonder if he had meds.

i don't know if he lives here or not, i've never seen him before today.

but yeah.

that's my day.

(what's ironic is that while waiting for barb to drive over, i kept running into people too, including the guy who likes to narrate Ellie's special bathroom moments, and kind of wishing i could be left alone, ahaha.)

Last edited: Nov 18, 2019
    • Witnessed x 9
  9. rainbowbarnacle

But hey, good things:

SNAP stuff is all taken care of
    I have been having massive amounts of fun editing people's NaNoWriMo projects
    Birthday early next month! Free mocha!
    Rainbow dinner with turkey meatballs
    Gingerbread tea with dainty gingerbread cookies (and pretty dang carb friendly; I normally have three with a cup of tea, but I can eat like six of these and it's only one point)
    I took a nap and woke up to the cat curled up and purring on my legs
    Pilling the cat continues to go well
    I put more lentils in my rainbow lentil sock and now it's big enough to actually wear:

[​IMG]

...eh, I still feel awful. But luckily for me that doesn't change any of the good stuff.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2019
    • Winner x 4
  10. rainbowbarnacle

Somehow I managed to forget the part in the Thriller Bark arc where Brook finds milk in the kitchen and looks around in the pantry for monster purifying salt.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(HE EVEN DOES THE JOKES WHEN HE'S BY HIMSELF <3)

Last edited: Nov 19, 2019
    • Winner x 1
  11. rainbowbarnacle

I made a new friend on my walk today. :msap:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Winner x 8
    • Like x 1
  12. rainbowbarnacle

guess who managed to sleep a full eight hours during the nighttime it's MEEEEEEEEE

TIME FOR COFFEEEEEE

[​IMG]

• Winner x 10
    • Like x 1
  13. rainbowbarnacle

I finally tried that thing where you roast a bunch of olive oiled chickpeas in the oven to make them crunchy. (I've heard people get better results with deep frying the things, but I'm too terrified of deep frying anything x_x)

I think they could have had a bit more time in the oven, as they didn't actually crunch very much for all they browned nicely, but I was too nervous about burning them x_x they were really tasty anyway! i put garlic and cayenne on them :d

• Winner x 5
    • Like x 1
  14. rainbowbarnacle

[​IMG]

Look at this good baby who took her pill so good yes she did

• Winner x 8
  15. rainbowbarnacle

You know that Thing where you really, REALLY wanna read something but there's nothing really like it, so the only way you can read it is to write it and YOU REALLY DON'T WANNA WRITE IT?

I HAVE THAT. 8C

• Witnessed x 8
  16. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

the eternal struggle ;-;

• Agree x 3
  17. rainbowbarnacle

I got fancy with breakfast today. 8) And DANG like I didn't expect it to be a completely fantastic breakfast either, I thought "oh this will look nice and I will eat it and it will be nice" but it tasted WONDERFUL, like someone else made it for me, with love. BUT IT WAS MEEEE :ohnoes:

[​IMG]

• Winner x 10
  18. rainbowbarnacle

Today I am thankful for:

A safe place to live
    Enough money to pay bills
    Enough food to eat
    A really good winter coat
    Getting to talk to @Mercury every day
    Beatrix
    Eloise
    Coffee
    Stories
    Editing
    A phone with music and a camera for walks
    Headphones
    Blue hair and sparkle nails
    Binging with Babish
    NOAA doing deep sea dives and sending up videos
    David Bowie
    Sushi
    One Piece
    100% Complete No Commentary Let's Plays
    Tom Waits
    Monster Factory
    Liziqi
    Public aquariums
    Knee socks
    Armsocks
    White noise machines
    Writing sprints
    Random prompt generators
    YOU!
    Yes, you.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2019
    • Winner x 9
    • Like x 1
  19. rainbowbarnacle

[​IMG]

Happy Thanksgiving from Beatrix the kitty. <3

• Winner x 10
  20. rainbowbarnacle

Turkey and stuffing and potatoes and roasted veggies and sweet potatoes and cromberry yas. (not pictured but greatly enjoyed: barb's pumpkin pie) oof. i'm so full. @vastderp
    and I watched Castle Rock (which is a show that's a big ol' mashup of steven king stories) and the Alice's Restaurant song and SNL skits. i hope your thanksgiving/thursday was lovely too

[​IMG]

now ia m going to go sleep like the dead gngiht<33

• Winner x 5
    • Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice