Aud's House of Nonsense 8)

Discussion in 'Your Bijou Blogette' started by rainbowbarnacle, Dec 16, 2018.

1. rainbowbarnacle

rainbowbarnacle Cat Aggrandizer

So!

The holidays are over and 2020 is here, where have I been the past few days?

DOWN THE RABBIT HOLE OF FARM LAND, THAT'S WHERE I'VE BEEN

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    (Beatrix stop looking like a rock in the dark while I am MINING thank you)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And y'know, for a farming game set in a small town, I wasn't expecting all the lovely oceany awesomeness:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

In fact, if I hadn't already made a tiny pixel!farmersona of myself, I'd swear they put me in the game anyway, I mean look at this:

[​IMG]

But yes, I am having loads of fun, and now that the community center is all fixed up I think I can finally slow down a little bit. I was so wrapped up in helping the wee Junimos that I haven't been able to talk to my neighbors nearly as much as I've wanted to.

Thank you, @Mercury, for gifting me this treasure of a game. <3

Last edited: Jan 5, 2020
    • Winner x 11
  2. rainbowbarnacle

I have this playing in my house now, since Gus was nice enough to give me a jukebox. It is the sound of my blood pressure dreaaaamily lowering. 8)

• Like x 1
  3. rainbowbarnacle

Today I have pretty feet.

[​IMG]

• Winner x 10
    • Agree x 1
  4. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

Where did you get those? My grandma got me socks from I think the same manufacturer a few Christmases ago and I love them and want more! Yours are especially cute. :D

5. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

ooh i want to MAKE those socks! unfortunately my hands have been rude to me so i haven't even finished the first one of your fishscale socks. but dang look at that colorwork, SO FUN.

• Witnessed x 1
  6. rainbowbarnacle

I snagged a last minute holiday sale at sockdreams and managed to get one of the last eight @_@ I'm pretty sure they'll restock, though.

https://www.sockdreams.com/fifth-element-crew.html

Also poor jesse, poor hands. :( I hope they are less rude soon. and take aaaall the time you need on fishscale socks, it's all good <3<3

• Like x 2
    • Informative x 1
    • Useful x 1
  7. rainbowbarnacle

ygghhhh

ok so the ants haven't gone away

they'll go away for a few days

and once I breathe a sigh of relief thinking this is all over, they come back in little groups of ten and fifteen--not legions, at least, but why can't they just go away

they head for the trap, which is a good thing I guess, but they're still here

also the caulking in the bathroom is sort of a yawning chasm right now behind the toilet, and I think that's where they're coming from, so if maintenance plugs that up that will probably fix things

and also my tub faucet is dripping just a little

so i bit the bullet and told my landlords about all of it, and it turns out their office building is absolutely filled with ants, so at least I'm not the only one

and she said my ant traps would be fine and to let them know if it gets worse and they'll take care of it, and she'll call me before maintenance comes over so I won't get wigged out by giant loud knocking coming out of nowhere

i feel better

i'm always irrationally afraid i'm going to get in trouble telling these things, but then they're so nice ;_;

now i'm gonna bury myself in stardew for a little while and later i'm getting a fancy coffee 'cause I EARNED IT

also also god i am ready for the ants to be over, I keep having nightmares about them and it's not fun

• Witnessed x 11
  8. Lazarae

Lazarae The tide pod of art

Witnessed for AUGH ANTS but winner for the landlords being so nice. Also for fancy coffee. Fancy coffee best coffee.

• Agree x 4
    • Like x 1
  9. chthonicfatigue

chthonicfatigue Bitten by a radioactive trickster god

This reminds of of the one time my mother bought a tub of sugaring wax and a few days later we noticed a neat marching line of ants coming in through a bedroom air brick and up across the chests of drawers... Then she opened her underwear drawer where the wax tub had been secreted and ANTS EVERYWHERE

ANT CARNAGE

It took about a week to get rid of the little blighters

• Witnessed x 6
  10. rainbowbarnacle

oooooh noooooooo :stare::stare::stare::stare::stare:

• Agree x 1
  11. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

I get ants in the spring sometimes. They obviously will head straight for any open soda can. But it really seems like they’re also very attracted by plain old water, oddly enough. I dunno.

Eta: It helps me to think of them as tiny, mostly interchangeable cats. They’re always where I don’t want them to be, and soulful cries of noooooooo aaaaaaaant! are good for the soul.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2020
    • Like x 3
  12. rainbowbarnacle

yeah luka mentioned they might be in the bathroom because they need water. x_x i wish i could just be like Kuma in One Piece and be like "if you could go on trip, where would you go?" and just poof them onto candy mountain and that would be that

• Witnessed x 3
    • Like x 1
  13. rainbowbarnacle

Mmh, so, maintenance came and went and my bathroom is all fixed--there was one more weird little accident where I was trying to ungunk my sink and the drain snake actually punctured the ancient pipe thing on the bottom. There was a hole and everything. So they replaced that too! And I haven't seen any ants since they caulked up the vulnerable bits, so fingers crossed. It's nice, though--they went ahead and replaced my shower hose too, which was covered in mermaid duct tape and still sprayed everywhere. x_x My place feels a little more homey now that things are all fixed.

In the meantime, I've been spending more time in Stardew Valley Land. I found some nice mods, (including GIANT CROPS) and I think I finally got my farm the way I want it, which means I can FINALLY LEAVE IT ALONE. :swoon:

[​IMG]

I have also included on my farm: a cafe, a second greenhouse, and a tiny touristy produce store not meant to compete with Pierre or anything:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Aaand here's the inside of the house and greenhouse and a few teeny Junimos:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Winner x 8
  14. rainbowbarnacle

Yesterday I went to the clinic to do blood tests for the diabetes related checkup I have coming up. It was kinda weird because usually getting blood drawn doesn't bother me, but this time it left me kinda shaky for a little while after. (Also to the poor lady who trudged in, sighed defeatedly, and said to the receptionist: "I am here to get squished." I WITNESS YOU.) Just now, a nurse called me back to inform me that I am at a 6.3, which she says is fantastic and to keep up whatever it is I'm doing. :D I was at 7.7 when this all started, so I guess all my walks and rainbow veggie snarfing must have done me some good. X) I'm not out of the diabetic woods yet, but I think I'm getting there!

It's good to know I'm doing okay. I did some indulgent snacking over the holidays (which is to say I had some holiday goodies and seasonal coffees and it was perfectly normal and fine but my anxious brain fretted that it would shoot me up into the Bad Numbers somehow) and the weather has kept me inside a lot so I haven't been able to exercise as much as I'd like to, so I was afraid I was going to learn that I had worsened.

But I guess so far so good. Whew.

• Winner x 7
  15. seebs' mom

seebs' mom Yes, really!

But I guess so far so good. Whew.

Yay!

And thank you and Luka for a successful grocery run and relieving Sunfish (she's my cat) of some gnarly matted fur bits.

• Winner x 4
  16. rainbowbarnacle

Heehee, no problem! :D Also Sunfish is a sweet fluffy angel and I am always happy to rid her of fur bits. <3

• Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  17. rainbowbarnacle

I was chopping peppers for dinner and one of them had a baby. :stare:

[​IMG]

ETA: Baby Pepper is going to go live with @jacktrash, who has soil and compost and grow lights and things. All hail Baby Pepper.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2020
    • Winner x 3
    • Witnessed x 3
    • Like x 1
  18. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

tbh i'm not entirely sure that's a sprout. it might just be a part of the pepper fruit that grew weird. guess we'll find out!

• Informative x 3
  19. Lizardlicks

Lizardlicks Friendly Neighborhood Lizard

Definitely weird pepper. Pepper seeds are bitty and they're sprouts are widdle. I HAVE seen seeds starting to germinate inside the pepper before though so it's not impossible to stumble across!

• Informative x 2
  20. rainbowbarnacle

Oof. It has been a rough couple of weeks.

In December, my grandpa on my dad's side passed away. Since then, I got a letter from an insurance company asking for information, and since then my brother put me in contact with my uncle, who I have only met once when I was something like six years old. All I really know about him is that he runs a wine business in California somewhere? Since he's taking care of everything related to grandpa's will, I gave him some information he needed and he emailed me a claims application and all I had to do was print it out, sign it, scan it, and email it back. I dunno what happens next, but I hope I got everything right. Being in charge of someone's will must be so stressful.

Talking to my uncle was kind of weird. His voice sounds like my dad's. Like, a very serious, stern, competent version of my dad. It's uncanny. He was nice, though, and all the paperwork stuff went fine, and he asked me a few things like where do I live and what do I do for a living and so on. I imagine it must have been awkward for him too, having this person he last saw when she was a tiny kid suddenly thirty-five years old and talking to him. He asked me if I'd visited my mother recently, but fortunately didn't press too much.

The past few days has been a whirlwind of calming down my wigged out brother, who was really anxious for me to do the insurance paperwork for some weird reason, and talking to grandma, and paying bills and doing more medical paperwork and voting and a ton of other errands. It's all gone well but OOF. I'm beat. Also I fell down in the driveway and landed on my wrist, ow. Hold me closer, ibuprofen.

Bea and I are both due for doctor appointments soon, but other than that I don't have any other big things to do. For now I'm just gonna sit here and... yeah. Sitting. Sitting is good.

Oh! And the ants have gone away, thank goodness. Caulking up the bathroom was the right thing to do, I guess.

Also, RIP little bathroom spider. Georgie lived above my medicine cabinet since sometime in November, I think? I hope you got so many gnats. <3

Last edited: Mar 3, 2020
    • Witnessed x 8
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice