Aud's House of Nonsense 8)

Discussion in 'Your Bijou Blogette' started by rainbowbarnacle, Dec 16, 2018.

1. rainbowbarnacle

rainbowbarnacle Cat Aggrandizer

[​IMG]

It's masquerade time in Subeta and @Mercury and I are rad little demon elves.

• Winner x 4
    • Like x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Witnessed x 1
  2. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

i wonder which one you are hehehe

• Like x 1
  3. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

RBMoonmasq19.png
    Two moons!

• Winner x 4
    • Like x 1
  4. rainbowbarnacle

• Like x 1
  5. rainbowbarnacle

• Winner x 3
    • Like x 1
  6. rainbowbarnacle

Happy April 1st! Here is my favorite silly adorable absolutely not true commercial:

Usually I'm not a huge fan of fakey fake things, but this is just so cute and sweet and happy and harmless. And also penguins.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2019
    • Like x 3
  7. rainbowbarnacle

nooooo

you guys

i threw out my back ;_;

oh god ihate this

CHANGE DOT ORG LET'S TURN MY BODY INTO AN ACTUAL BARNACLE THEY DON'T HAVE BACK PROBLEMS

• Witnessed x 11
  8. jacktrash

oh no :(

• Agree x 1
  9. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

Wishing you a speedy recovery! I'm so sorry that happened :(

• Agree x 1
  10. rainbowbarnacle

jfkld;sfdas dude your icon is curing me with its cuteness

• Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
  11. rainbowbarnacle

Soooo life is incredibly crappy right now and here's why:

1. My back teeth hurt in a way that makes me wonder if my wisdom teeth are coming in. I don't want to get more teeth yanked. I really really don't. I don't want weird gas that will make me say freaky stuff on youtube. The idea of being zonked out that hard is almost scarier than the idea of dental surgery itself.
    2. My grandma wrote me to say that she hasn't written me in awhile because she tripped while walking up the driveway and hurt her back. She says there's no permanent damage, (thank GOD) but it's left her in bed because her pain meds make her sleepy.
    3. I went to the doctor and got poked and prodded and guess what I have diabetes on top of chronic fatigue syndrome. I'm in the process of finding a dietitian and this Wednesday I'm going to go back to talk to my doctor about medication and diabetes info and how I'm going to live my life now. I guess it explains why I've felt unusually crappy for the past six months or so. I thought it was CFS kicking my butt incredibly hard, but NOPE, WOW.

It's really weird and scary news. I keep waking up and realizing it all over again and spending the whole day in a weird existential funk being very afraid of my own body. My inner mother voice (that I thought I was doing such a good job of ignoring!) is bombarding me with every fatphobic memory I've ever had, on loop. (And please let me make it very very VERY clear: I would never, ever EVER think these things about anybody with diabetes, this is just my brain going on a downward spiral into terrortown.) And I over-examine every slightly strange reaction my body has with a knee-jerk horror--my stomach hurt for two seconds DOES THIS MEAN MY BODY IS SUDDENLY REJECTING ALL MY INTERNAL ORGANS AT ONCE?

With CFS, at least I've been dealing with this crap all my life, I know the symptoms and I know what to do and what not to do, and I know what to do if things get bad. With diabetes, I don't know much about it at all yet. (I'm sure this will change but for right now god everything is scary, even talking about this is scary.) I'm going to have to take medicine. I'm going to have to change my diet and exercise habits--which I was in the process of doing anyway so at least that won't be too much of a change. But... god. I'm scared and miserable and I can't focus on anything because all of THIS STUFF is taking over my whole head.

so yeah. that's me.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2019
    • Witnessed x 13
  12. Acey

If you want some good diabetic-friendly dishes I could get you some? My mom has type 2 diabetes and cooks a lot, and she could probably recommend some things.

Witnessed, I’m sorry you’re dealing with this. :(

13. mericorn

mericorn doin my best

I'm pre-diabetic so I research and try to understand diabetes. If you need any advice or help, I might be able to help.

Diabetes is a scary disease but there are many resources out there. I'm sorry this has happened.

• Agree x 2
  14. jacktrash

bear_hug.jpg

that fucking sucks, aud. so many hugs. we are here for you, anything you need.

• Agree x 1
  15. rainbowbarnacle

That would be totally awesome, thank you tons. <3

• Like x 1
  16. rainbowbarnacle

Thank you lots. I think I will have better questions to ask after I talk to the doc about it and narrow things down a bit. @_@

17. rainbowbarnacle

*GIANT HUGS* I wish I had better words than "oh god thank you so much". multiply it by 1000. all my thanks. <3

• Like x 1
  18. Acey

Cool! I’ll DM you so as not to clutter your thread. c:

• Winner x 1
  19. jacktrash

i suspect some of the gluten free cooking i've been learning for nick would also be good for diabetes, because it's very low carb.

• Like x 2
    • Informative x 2
  20. rainbowbarnacle

Ooo, yes please, feel free to send any recipe suggestions my way. (Even if I wasn't diabetic, I'd love trying new stuff anyway. 8D)I'll definitely know more once I visit the dietitian. I also found a "Good carb" cookbook at the book fair, but I think I'll run it by the dietitian too and see if it works--I dunno if they'll say "ok you're off carbs entirely for awhile until things improve" or if some carbs are still okay.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice