Aud's House of Nonsense 8)

Discussion in 'Your Bijou Blogette' started by rainbowbarnacle, Dec 16, 2018.

1. cosmofex

cosmofex trans lesbian extraordinaire

i think i might know the thing! bitter greens are bitter in the first place because they contain shedloads of vitamins. CFS symptoms fuck with your ability to eat normally (fatigue, forgetfulness, etc.), and despite your body being chronically unwell, it's not an idiot. if it's not going to get regular food intake, it's going to get the food thats packed with goodies it needs to survive. and so, you crave bitter greens! its kinda like how in famine times, people tend to look at dandelion and chickory rather than grasses, because after trying both the body knows which actually helps.

incidentally, if you've had problems due to craving carbs out the wazoo, thats because the body needs energy rather than vitamins. salt cravings are due to poor water retention, and meat cravings come from either protein or iron deficiency. basically, unless you already have perfect nutrition, cravings are a good hint at something you're missing, and addressing that issue can solve the crave even if you don't get the specific thing you're craving.

• Informative x 4
    • Agree x 1
    • Useful x 1
  2. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

i crave greens when i have a flare too. not bitter ones specifically, more usually cucumber and spinach. but definitely those dark green veggies people talk about.

• Informative x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  3. rainbowbarnacle

rainbowbarnacle Cat Aggrandizer

RB, after seeing the new ff7 trailer: "omg the waiting, can you BARRET? 8)"
    @Vast Derp : *TEAKETTLE NOISES*

• Winner x 5
    • Like x 1
  4. rainbowbarnacle

Today I accidentally pushed the emergency stop button on the treadmill and I swear to god I thought my pelvis was gonna fly out of my body

but now I'm all showered and I got ice water and coffee and tomorrow I get to see the POKEMON MOVIE so things are pretty okay

• Like x 2
    • Winner x 1
  5. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

I fear the emergency stop button like some wrathful safety god I might accidentally wake from slumber.

• Agree x 2
  6. rainbowbarnacle

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This adorable delightful sugarbomb of a movie turned me into a giddy kid all over again. It was like eating ten pixie sticks and then getting a hug. (Audience Highlight: a tiny child went "Yeah! YEEEAH!" when some pokeball throwing happened. I'm right there with you kiddo.) Also I DIDN'T GET SPOILED, THANK YOU SPOILER GODS.

Then studiohouse got me some salmon and philly rolls, thank you studiohouse, and also thank you @rorleuaisen for dogsitting while we were gibbering incoherently at all the cute.

The downside is I am flaring something FIERCE, oh my gooood I am wrapped up in flu ache and my feet are burning and my hands hurt and oh man it's bad. x_x The irony is I can't sleep, it's keeping me awake. X( I feel like I can move around a little bit at least though? I made 3:30 AM scrambled eggs with those Veggies for Your Eggs mixes thrown in--a mix of kale and tomatoes and spinach and parsley and garlic and rosemary, with some cheddar sprinkled in. SNAAAARF. Maybe if tomorrow lets me I will get tons more leafy green stuff to gnaw on.

I will be a chard zombie. Chaaaaaard.

Last edited: May 15, 2019
    • Winner x 6
  7. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

Ooooh I’m seeing that movie in about an hour!! I’m so excited! :D

• Like x 1
  8. rainbowbarnacle

[​IMG]

I'm in hell. ;_;

It's not just "oh the weather is warming up and Aud is wilting like a delicate flower" It's "oh the weather is warming up and THE HEATING VENTS ARE HOT TO THE TOUCH AND THE AIR IS STUFFY AND WARM BECAUSE THE HEATER IS ON AND WON'T TURN OFF"

I don't know why the "cool" and "fan" settings are even there, as my apartment doesn't have cooling or fan settings--I just put it that way because it made me start giggling hysterically. if I want it cold like it SHOULD BE, I have to install an air conditioner.

I have poked at it, luka has poked at it, neither of us can figure out why it's doing this. I really, really don't want to call maintenance. But I guess I'm gonna have to call maintenance.

• Witnessed x 9
  9. rainbowbarnacle

It's amazing how incredibbly uncomfortable situations will smash down my very intense and inconvenient social anxiety so I can stumble into the housing building and tell my landlady "hey listen my thermostat won't go down and I'M D Y I N G. ;_;" and it turns out she'll just smile sympathetically and say "sure I'll send someone right over" and when I mention "also this is going to sound weird but I have anosmia and my cat hasn't been well lately so I apologize in advance if it smells, I am very adamant about keeping up with cleaning and I have friends to smell for me and help me out but right now I can't do anything about it" and she just nods and says "I'm sure your house is fine, don't worry about it."

She's really nice you guys ;_;

I'm still kinda terrified they're gonna note it down in some Bad And Shameful Tenant Folder somewhere that my place stinks, but you know what, this isn't an inspection and I am in the middle of a monster of a flareup so I'm going to try something new and not beat myself up over it eternally for once because everyone's seen that show and it's BORING

The maintenance dude came over and he mentioned he turned the boiler off so he's not sure why my apartment would be boiling like this, and we checked various vents and they weren't hot to the touch (NOW they weren't, when luka fiddled with things they were SPEWING heat but the second the guy who can fix it comes over they don't AUGH) and he thought maybe the vent between the wall and my bed might have something to do with it, he said it might be "stuck", so he's coming over at 9:30 AM to look at it

and you know, I don't mind, he was nice too, and I've been meaning to clean under there for ages anyway, I am just SO. FREAKING. TIRED. I barely slept at all last night and I've spent all day being a complete zombie and the idea of doing any more kinda makes me wanna lie down and cry but I've had a little nap and all I gotta do is move this mattress and clean under it and maybe vacuum a bit and that's all I gotta do

maybe i'll put something funny down there once it's all clean, like those "well aren't YOU curious!" notes some hotels leave there

anyway I kinda feel like I leveled up a little bit. hoo-ray for me. *waves little flag*

• Winner x 6
  10. jacktrash

i wasn't sure whether to go for winner or witnessed but you win at life so there u are

• Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
  11. rainbowbarnacle

Things I found under the bed:
    • an aluminum baseball bat
    • a broom
    • several hair ties
    • three thumbtacks
    • two orphaned rubber earbuds
    • five missing kneesocks (hello coffee socks I missed you)
    • six cat toys
    • two cat brushes
    • two beatrixes worth of cat hair holy crap cat
    • an ancient groadilated hairball augh
    I did some cursory vacuuming (it's nearing curfew and I don't wanna bug my saint of a downstairs neighbor) and it looks okay in here. I checked the vent near the bed and its not exuding heat and it's actually almost comfortable in here. I have this sneaky feeling maybe the guy turned off the heat before he visited me and was all "GEE I DUNNO, THE HEATER'S OFF, WHY WOULD IT DO THAT" (especially as he didn't so much as glance at the thermostat) but honestly at this point i'm too tired to care even if I was certain that's what happened

I wonder why they would slack on turning the heating off anyway

doesn't that cost them money

i dunno

i'm gonna crawl under a cold shower

<3<3

Last edited: May 16, 2019
    • Winner x 2
  12. Vast Derp

Vast Derp Professional Griefer

the guy didn't even fuck with the thermostat at all so I officially am certain he already had an idea what the problem was. he shut off the heat for your building before he came in (very probably mine too, it's not blasting in the halls anymore) because they forgot to turn it off before it got to 70 degrees outside and this was an oopsie.

i mean, your thermostat is probably broken but at least you don't have to deal with it til next fall. but it's definitely not a you problem because he would have poked the settings to at least check it wasn't set to broil.

and honestly, you have a disability where you can't smell anything, if they give you shit for a disability after you told them of the problem, there are Options for Action. my suggestion is to make sure it's in writing in your file next time you see an opportunity to give it to them, so if it's ever an issue or there's an evacuation or whatever you can point to it and say "my nose ain't grown back since i submitted the notice" as needed. also might make them skittish about being aggressive about the cat if she sins again since it's a disability issue and their whole Thing is being proactive about the disadvantaged so's we don't end up homeless.

and there's no reason not to be chill about the cat issue. it's not like you have nine of them or a drug business running in your unit. you're an easy, pleasant, quiet tenant whose rent is guaranteed monthly. they would not like to replace you with another methed up nudist with confederate flags flying over your outdoor beer can pile. it's so much easier just to work with you and keep the good tenancy going. granted our overlords are kind of erratic but it'd be like kicking a puppy. a puppy that provides easy income and doesn't get the cops called or piss on the hallway tiles or sling various bodily fluids around when the saturday night fever takes you.

long story short, they never evicted the people who did those things! well, they might have evicted the nudist, and the lady who pissed in the hallway was already evicted when she did it so that doesn't count. but you get what i mean.

Last edited: May 16, 2019
    • Like x 5
    • Agree x 1
  13. jacktrash

yeah, you two are star tenants, honestly. you live sensible, hygienic, nonaggressive lives with your quiet, well-behaved animals, and the most noise you ever make is laughing at a funny video. considering some of the rodeo clowns they've got living there, they should just about be paying you for classing up the place. you not only don't smoke pot in the stairwells or hit on the neighbor kids, you bring cheer and niceness wherever you go.

they're not gonna give you a hard time unless they're absolute idiots.

• Like x 3
    • Agree x 2
  14. rainbowbarnacle

<3<3<3<3 @ alla you

sooo maintenance dude came over and he said after he talked to me yesterday, he went home and turned off his AC and opened all the windows and was like "yeah I feel your pain now, it was 82 degrees in there and I thought I was gonna die" oof! He also laughed when I noticed that Beatrix put one of her lost cat toys in one of my shoes. (It was the crackly paper Christmas tree one. X))

So he fiddled with the vent between the wall and the bed, and it was indeed "stuck". There was also something really wonky with the thermostat too, like, he couldn't get the heat to come back -on- and then the power wouldn't connect to my bedroom and all sorts of weird stuff. He spent about twenty minutes poking the little buttons and muttering "What the -hell-." and looking increasingly grumpy and frustrated. I will admit it was sort of torture sitting on the couch trying not to let my anxiety gallop away from me. (I was also afraid I messed up the thermostat somehow by doofing around with the settings, which didn't help, but I think in the end that thing was just borked beyond recognition in general.) It took him an hour's worth of more tinkering with things before he finally just installed a different thermostat that works wonderfully, and now I'm freeeeeeee

I celebrated with a teeny Aldi almond and honey custard cake and an iced coffee because WOW THIS WEEK HAS BEEN HELLISH. I'm not even gonna fuss that i didn't get to the gym as much as I wanted to because I still did so much and I was SO TIRED. My hands and feet are burny today, and I'm sore from sleeping on the couch, but that aside I'm feeling a loooot better than yesterday. I think part of it is because the temperature dropped and WOW IT'S NICE. IT'S SO NICE.

A few minutes ago I put my bed back together, and now the side I usually sleep on is all wonky because I turned the mattress around. X) It'll settle eventually but right now it feels very strange. Time to lie down on it for a long while and watch Silent Hill LPs, yessssss.

• Winner x 6
  15. Acey

So glad it got fixed! I’m really sorry you had to deal with that, I would’ve been MISERABLE and it sounds like you were too! :c

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  16. rainbowbarnacle

[​IMG]

SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

FJKLD;SFJDSA;LFSA ***I GOT A NUDIBRANCH POKEMON*** THIS HAS MADE MY WHOLE WEEK OH MY GOD LOOK AT HIM WHAT A CUTE LITTLE GUY i'M ACTUALLY CRYING

• Winner x 7
  17. jacktrash

oh no it's fucking adorable

• Agree x 2
  18. rainbowbarnacle

Morning walk highlights:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also I spotted somebody's teeny fairy garden, and they had a wee free library box installed in it, daaahhhhh. <3

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Winner x 11
  19. rainbowbarnacle

Man, you know you're dreaming something neat when you start trying to write the dream down in your dream. Last night's had a bunch of monks awkwardly trying to rehome this enormous bipedal elephant with like 50 trunks flailing all over the place while it climbed their big tower. It wasn't so much a monster fight as it was "oh dang it, elephanthulhu got out of their pit, time to nudge them back into bed before they step all over the crops again"

And one of them kept telling me to "calm my inner chickens". Okay dream!monk, will do. X)

• Winner x 11
  20. Acey

That dream sounds just plain fun. I love ridiculous silly dreams like that!

Also, “calm your inner chickens” is beautiful.

• Agree x 6
    • Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice