Avengers: Age of Ultron (All of the spoilers. ALL OF THEM!)

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by AbsenteeLandlady123, Apr 29, 2015.

1. raginghearts

raginghearts Well-Known Member

I just saw Age of Ultron Thursday and have had time to think about things since then and let things settle into my brain (and other things disappear because bad memory lol)

BUT I gotta throw my hat in with the non-Bruce/Nat shippers, unfortunately lol. I dunno, it felt to me like it came out of left field. I wish there had been more buildup or something because... yeah. I liked the Lullaby scenes a lot, and I like the idea of them being like friends ish, MAYBE <> for each other, but other than that I just didn't really get into it. And it kind of almost felt like it was just added in for the sake of romance or drama or something. SIGH. I also really really think Bruce missed an opportunity when Nat called herself a "monster" for being sterilized. There was such an opportunity for reassurance, bonding, support, SOMETHING, but nope. :I

Granted, I didn't think it was as horrible as tumblr made it out to be. I actually really really loved the movie!

Ultron was so amazing. He had such personality omg. He was so clearly Tony's "son" and it was amazing and I loved it. Also, forever laughing at the fact that the body he built himself had such an amazingly sculpted butt. I'm not even into butts and I couldn't help but notice. Jfc. Ultron's humor and every little quirk was just amazing, really.

And, yeah! The glimpses into peoples' psyches was super fun. I love that sort of thing. So much. Tony is my favorite character and continues to be my favorite character even though he made mistake after mistake in this movie, because the mistakes were linked so thoroughly with his personality. Hot damn. I love his character. And yeah, I don't think he learned, exactly, but I think he maybe got a step closer. I think what ultimately needs to happen is that somebody, anybody, needs to confront him with this projected Survivor's Guilt / almost death wish thing he's got going on. And then smack him upside the head.

Man though. Quicksilver's death. Just. Ow. Owwwwwww. And then Scarlet Witch's reaction to it. ;A; I mean, perfect reaction, perfect characterization, but owwww.

FINAL THOUGHTS and two of my favorite scenes from the movie: When everyone's trying to lift up Mjolnir, and Cap goes to lift it, and it moves just a bit and you see Thor's face go "oh shit" for just a brief second before relief kicks in. And then later when Vision just casually picks it up. That, in itself, was a really amazing moment of storytelling. Because Vision (presumably) didn't KNOW that only the Worthy could pick up Mjolnir, so he picks it up not trying to prove anything, but for the entire team it's an instant sign of "okay this guy is probably mostly trustworthy" which was amplified by the fact that Vision wasn't even trying to prove anything. Like, I don't know that it would have had the same impact if Vision HAD known, and had gone "how can I get you guys to trust me? Okay here I'll try to pick up Mjolnir SEE I'M WORTHY." It was an act of innocence/naivete that worked in his favor.

And that's about all I can think of today. Might come back later to add more stuff but I'm done for the night lol.

• Like x 3
  2. prismaticvoid

prismaticvoid Too Too Abstract

My question is why is it only Nat who can do the Lullaby. As opposed to, oh, I don't know, Bruce's best friend? Shrug.

3. Morven

Morven In darkness be the sound and light

Is it established that only she can do it, or just that she's best at it?

4. prismaticvoid

prismaticvoid Too Too Abstract

Nothing's established, really, but they always ask her to do it regardless of her proximity to him.

5. Morven

Morven In darkness be the sound and light

I hope it's not "It's a motherly thing, so get the woman to do it."

6. Meagen Image

Meagen Image Well-Known Member

I think it's a "get the person who was trained to remain calm in stressful situations, as opposed to the person whose response to stress is to make wisecracks and do stupid shit on a whim".

7. raginghearts

I'm gonna guess that it's a mixture of both, tbh. Nat's ability to remain calm in stressful situations is probably a large part of why she was chosen to do the Lullaby, but I don't trust Hollywood enough to say for certain that there were no "motherly thing therefore woman's job" motivations behind it. I also get the feeling Nat was chosen to do it from a production standpoint to promote the Nat/Bruce ship. *SHRUGS*

• Like x 2
  8. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

If there was more development with it, like a in universe explanation, I would have been fine. But they never actually gave their reasoning, and it felt forced that the person he barely interacted with was the one calming him down.

• Like x 2
  9. raginghearts

@emythos exactly. That's exactly why I had such a hard time jumping on the Nat/Bruce ship, too. Way too forced. :\

• Like x 1
  10. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

Yeah, pretty much. There wasn't any build up, and since there wasn't it felt OOC

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice