Back on my bullshit

Discussion in 'Your Bijou Blogette' started by Loq, Dec 16, 2018.

1. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

actually, shit, he's an elf, which would probably make him incaensor, but still

• Winner x 2
  2. Loq

sighs in fic whose research standards have dropped
    urgent care won't exist for another 15 years, dear

• Witnessed x 6
  3. Loq

for eventual camp shot:
    shelobah - black turkmen-type horse (karabair, iomud, teke) - emil catte
    batumesh - dun darkhad - imgakin monkey
    swims - brown criollo - vaardvark? double check available pets, see if there's anything more suiting TINY NETCH TINY NETCH
    siishana - dapple grey marwari - blue topaz dragonfrog

Last edited: Apr 15, 2020
    • Winner x 1
  4. Loq

• Winner x 3
  5. Loq

anyway vallaslin are remembered as a coming-of-age bc unmarked (unclaimed) children are free game if you're clever enough to get them away from their parents' deity/owner and this is why 1) there are still lingering rumors of Fae Elves Steal Baby and 2) there's some complicated magilegal language in the oath to mythal that ghilan can't quite translate but is fairly certain means any children they have are considered Hers regardless of blood status or actual relation

• Like x 3
  6. Loq

ah
    the terrifying realization that I'm operating on a deficit and should have ten dollars a week for food instead of twenty
    that's..................... nice

• Witnessed x 4
  7. Loq

even if I remove gas costs from the budget on the basis that work is walkable, mostly, since it's nice(ish) out again, I'm still running over by ~$20/month
    end me

• Witnessed x 4
  8. Loq

not quite sure how I got here but damn if this ain't a jam

9. Loq

tomorrow....... puppo.......

• Winner x 5
  10. Loq

"The answer is [a cure for cancer] will probably never happen"
    yes! good! realize this! cancer is a catch-all term for myriad similarly-presenting Problems Disorders(TM) with just as many possible causes--
    "because big pharmaceutical companies make millions of dollars off people dying of this disease"
    OTL
    you were so close..... so close.........

• Witnessed x 6
    • Agree x 2
  11. Loq

how do I ever start to describe my (lack of) taste in music when by picking one band from my hoard I can get everything from a sailor moon opening to a KISS collab

• Agree x 3
  12. Loq

anyway momoclo is love momoclo is life, best girls

13. KaidaShade

KaidaShade Definitely not a horse

I hate this attitude. Even if they did find 'the cure for cancer', guess what assholes, people still gotta buy it! The company that figured out a treatment that works for every cancer would make trillions and drive all their competition out of business! People surviving cancer are way more profitable than people who die from it! It's almost like people who are alive keep buying other medicines!

• Agree x 4
  14. Loq

ikr like hi as your friendly local cancer "survivor" 1) pay for my fucking lifelong medication I dare you and 2) sometimes, getting stabbed in the neck and poisoned proper excision surgery and irradiated IS a cure, thanks, treatment options exist for many cancers, eradication =/= cure, genius

• Agree x 2
  15. Loq

anyway on a lighter note
    in seven hours...... PUPPO............
    (which is to say, I will be inadvisably roadtripping to pick up roomie's service dog today, probs won't be around much)

16. TheOwlet

TheOwlet A feathered pillow filled with salt and science

Yeah like, we CAN cure many cancers already! that's a thing! Sometimes the cure is very easy (like early caught skin cancer is VERY easy to fix, you remove the spot and that's it) and sometimes it's more complicated, but we CAN very much cure a lot of forms of cancer these days.

• Agree x 4
  17. Lazarae

Lazarae The tide pod of art

And a living patient is worth a LOT more money, if you want to play the Soulless Industry card. A person cured of cancer can go out and do things like break bones or get pneumonia, which a dead person cannot, which means the medical industry gets more money from them. Plus there's the cost of your cancer cure itself. Do these people think if we discovered a cure they'd... just give it away? All kinds of life saving medications/procedures are stupid fucking expensive.

I get being cynical, but looking at this from the cynical point of view also proves them wrong.

• Agree x 2
  18. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

Who do they think even works at those companies? People who never get cancer, whose parents, children, or spouses will never, ever get cancer and they’ll never want to move heaven and earth to save them? People who will never blow the whistle even when a loved one is dying?

• Agree x 2
  19. KaidaShade

KaidaShade Definitely not a horse

Exactly. Like, okay, yeah I work for Big Pharma (tm) so maybe I'm biased but if I DID know about a magical cancer cure that they were hiding from people for... Reasons, you bet your ass I'd be leaking that everywhere I could.

• Agree x 2
  20. Loq

contemplates all the ways possible future arcs could horrify other people's characters
    wherein gess tells silverburst to Fix Her Brain as payment for the whole messy mutual abandonment thing, but as already established (somewhere...? forget if I actually wrote it down or just declared it My Canon For Me) certain licentan-specific parts are the properly fried bits, which obvs aren't exactly in great supply aboard the TEAM
    and silverburst, carrying this to the (il)logical conclusion of this treatment being a payment in itself for something that would usually be paid by their death, decides "well naturally she should get those parts from me" and goes to bother one of the shipboard surgeons to fucking lobotomize them bc they are perfectly willing to put the parts in on their own, but doing brain surgery on yourself is a touch difficult when your eyes are in the head you're trying to surgery
    depending on if/how gess and life support have made up at this point (read: she's stopped being a dumb baby abt her friends having other friends) he'd probably be the first choice, and I cannot see him being best pleased about this plan
    (possible detour into Rust being violently and vehemently opposed to this plan as well, bc this is supposed to be instead of you dying, silver, you absolute dumbass, what the shit, why are you condemning yourself to the slow agonizing descent into madness and death you've just saved him from)
    potential good end: there's a proper parts manufactury onboard, and with scanning from a mature and intact individual (ie silverburst) we can do this without needing to mutilate anyone

• Like x 4
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice