Back on my bullshit

Discussion in 'Your Bijou Blogette' started by Loq, Dec 16, 2018.

1. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

tumblr has apparently heard me yelling about all its creepy targeted ads, and is now giving me Conspicuously Anti-Targeted Ads in every language under the sun (as well as english but spectacularly generic, to the point of reading "in $city$" instead of the usual In Your Area or gps datamine)
    running tally: finnish, korean, chinese, arabic, italian, spanish, japanese, english but "looking for German speakers from Luxembourg", russian, russian but with a greek domain as the ad sponsor, kazakh? it's in cyrillic lettering but not russian and the link ends .kz so??
    I refuse to longpress any of these to see what they're trying to say, but from the images it's everything from anime to dating apps to... gps...? the arabic one was just a sattelite photo of a random city block with arabic script in white across it

Last edited: Mar 25, 2021
    • Informative x 1
  2. Loq

curiosity: so turns out if you fadestep just right off a platform or bridge or what have you, you can keep going even farther without having to walk :D
    dorian: this is still an exorbitantly wasteful way to travel but I guess if minmaxing makes you happy and you've got the mana to burn...
    sera and cass, exchanging exhausted glances in the background: why do we let these two anywhere near each other

• Winner x 2
  3. Loq

relatedly, the physics engine does differentiate bt air resistance and ground friction with fadestep, so if you barrier up and fadestep off a cliff you can get so many places in the exalted plains

also I am going to be so sad playing non-mages and not being able to fake fast-travel across zones

• Winner x 3
  4. Loq

tumblr has officially defeated me, it found a language I can't recognize right off the bat
    Screenshot_20210324-135537_Tumblr.jpg
    I want to say this is a SEAsian script but I don't know enough about those to narrow it down further

5. sirsparklepants

sirsparklepants feral mom energies

If it's not Thai it looks like Thai

Edit: also might be khmer idk

Last edited: Mar 24, 2021
    • Informative x 1
  6. Loq

I will not click a tumblr ad I will not click a tumblr ad...........
    (,,super lecker Orangen-Eierlikör-W..." what! don't just cut it there! what food have you brought me??)
    (the answer is none, it's an ad for a Bosch stand mixer, but I have Questions)

Last edited: Mar 25, 2021
  7. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

fwiw it was teasing you with Orange Eggnog.

8. Loq

that much I got, but there were also the front two letters of a third hyphenated noun and I want to know What is Orange Eggnog flavored...... alas, it is gone forever, I have yet to see any of these foreign ads more than once

• Witnessed x 2
  9. Loq

til the thyroid is involved in tensing vocal cords....... no wonder my voice went to shit after I yote mine lmao

• Witnessed x 2
  10. Loq

went far enough away that even "untracked" my location data for tumblr switched and now I don't get weird foreign ads anymore :( I don't want stonks and eharmony, I want german stand mixers and travel language apps for french speakers

• Agree x 1
  11. Loq

every now and again I get the intense, spiteful urge to start making and selling bathbombs specifically to Never use lavender
    every other Purple scent under the sun, but not that insidious traitor

• Winner x 3
    • Witnessed x 2
  12. Loq

Purple Smells: plum, blackberry, heather, elderberry, blackcurrant, wisteria, violet, iris, lilac

• Agree x 3
    • Like x 2
  13. Loq

callout post for me: recognized a random guest player on critical role by voice, couldn't place him, turns out he voiced bee for his two (2) whole speaking episodes in tfp

• Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  14. Loq

me: I'm gonna go to bed
    my brain, suddenly back on robot hell ic discourse for No Goddamn Reason: cybertron has been the seat of an expansionist, theocratic interstellar empire for literally the entirety of recorded history (given, uh, nova Definitely fucked up 13- and pre-13-era records and immediately went My Galaxy Now) and as such has had a vested interest in ensuring a reading of the Covenant that declares only sparked-by-Primus mechanoids (ie Cybertronians of proper forging) to be People

Last edited: Apr 5, 2021
    • Agree x 3
  15. Loq

most of the time I forget that I live like half an hour away from the main shooting location for the live-action silent hill movie
    and then sometimes I gotta drive down the mountain in 20ft visibility from fog and it's just me, my car, and the dark ominous partial silhouettes of leafless trees leaning over the guardrail in an endless field of grey-white

• Witnessed x 2
  16. Loq

ponyo loves..... STEAM ENGINES
    like yes they're inefficient and coal needs to be replaced, but also.... what vibes........

• Agree x 4
  17. Loq

CHANGED MY LOCATION AND THE LANGUAGE ADS ARE BACK
    BLESS

• Winner x 3
  18. Loq

phrases that will not leave my head: bad and naughty drow are put in the spider wiggler to atone for their crimes

• Agree x 2
  19. Loq

Pfizer 1 log:

no immediate pain beyond usual 'oh weird cold in arm' of IM shot, tech was very good
    stiffened up neck and down arm during 15min wait, all on shot side, not to the point of pain but Noticeable
    arm is now (2hrs later)... not quite stiff, not quite swollen, more that crunchy tight feeling of 'joint needs cracked' but none of the joints... will crack... and also not centered around joints, it's the whole arm
    I was tired even before stabbings so no clue whether fatigue is More Fatigue or just Life Fatigue. (point the second, even when I had the plague I wasn't noticeably More Fatigued than any headcold would make me anyway.)
    3.5hrs in, arm is less chunchy- only elbow still wants cracked. deltoid's sore, but 'IM shot go brrr' sore, not anything unusual.
    Hit 'too tender to sleep on' somewhere between 11pm and 5am, alongside the usual midnight 'oh god all sleeves must go'

elbow and wrist still chunchy, shoulder Sore. headache. ironically, increased sensitivity to smell. tired, but... Is This Unusual Or Just SSDD: the novel.
    some poking confirms it is exclusively my deltoid that's sore. Nothing below, nothing above, just That Muscle. worst where it inserts below the biceps and at the injection site.
    definitely Unusual Tired. minor brainfog, making dumb mistakes at work for lack of focus. full range of motion reacquired, at the low low price of Full Torso Aches. oof ow my bones.
    OOF OW MY BONES
    weird nausea for like 15min
    intermittent chills. waves of exhaustion concurrent. always some level of tired, but varying from 'slightly more stupid than usual' to 'put your head on the desk and cry bc there are no spoons left to do anything else'
    I legitimately feel like I got hit by a truck. this is worse than my actual covid infection.
    hypersensitivity to touch. clothes are bad (but warmth necessary). paper towels are sandpaper. lacing my fingers together while washing burns. not part of my usual sensory overload package so I'm going to assume this isn't just Work On Friday brainscrem.
    home. popped double my usual dose of ibu. we'll see if it does anything. brought microwave dinner up bc going back downstairs rn is straight up inconceivable, as is laying on the couch With Dog. I love her but she is so much.
    ibu brought down the touch sensitivity so at least I can blanket cocoon. bones still hurty.
    bones... less hurty. don't know if it's the ibu or a real cessation. spine stull chunchy but I can, like, walk again without wanting to cry
    inject site still too tender to sleep on

whole upper arm is stiff. spine and hips crunchy, but how much of that is Effects and how much is having to sleep stupidly to avoid stabbing pain idk.
    still touch-sensitive, though not as bad as it was yesterday afternoon. I'm out of flannels and this is a crime.
    post-shower stocktaking: heat has definitely helped crunch, we're back to only disrupted-muscle soreness in the shoulder. touch sensitivity worst in areas that were under higher pressure yesterday (undergarment elastic lines, thighs from tight jeans, scalp especially where ponytail was gathered) and injury sites (injection point, cat scratch on hand). little a fatigue, as the worst treat. injection site is mildly inflamed, but less so than the average bug bite- I wouldn't have noticed if I weren't looking for it.
    I don't know what the medical terminology would be but like. you know that hollowed-out not-quite-irritated chest sensation you get after breathing cold air for a while? that, but all afternoon.
    slower waves of tired. chunchy spine and hips are back.
    can't lay directly on the injection site, but the shoulder itself is tolerant enough of pressure that I can sidesleep again if I don't mind a marginally wonky angle.

two more days of arm sore/stiffness, no other symptoms.

cramps starting up like period's coming, but I'm about due anyway so we remain in Is This Symptomatic limbo. arm is fine, injection site only sore if I directly prod it.

Last edited: May 11, 2021
  20. Loq

"if I eat all their fear first that totally makes their blood cruelty-free" and other discussions in the oz-de lioncourt house

Last edited: May 14, 2021
    • Winner x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice