Back on my bullshit

Discussion in 'Your Bijou Blogette' started by Loq, Dec 16, 2018.

1. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

boiling water on the stove for bathtime and feeling like I've regressed several centuries
    knife emoji at our shit water heater

• Witnessed x 5
  2. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

feel known

• Agree x 1
    • Witnessed x 1
  3. Loq

aaaaah.... this fic is specifically targeting me...... 'literal war criminal and genocidal monster ferally, murderously defensive of These Specific People (familial flavor)'........ my beloved

Last edited: Oct 5, 2021
    • Agree x 1
  4. Loq

(link)

CNTW for a reason, but...
    cute fluffy thing is actually a credible threat to life
    (consequently, vaporizing the shit out of a cute fluffy thing- could be construed as animal harm, but it's not lingered on)
    animorphs-typical alien abduction, body horror, gore, and threat to children/teenagers (technically no major character death, but much of the plot hinges on the suspense of He Could Very Well Die)
    People Of Authority Don't Believe You (and are active obstructions to doing what needs done)
    the military forces at the Alien Crash Site(tm) are more concerned with keeping anything- even information- from getting out than helping people killed or injured at the site, up to and including actual violence against plot-relevant non-viewpoint teenagers.
    medical horror- disease flavor (yes separate from body horror)
    A main non-viewpoint character contracts a zombie-type Space Germ(TM) while exploring a crashed spaceship. Increasing lack of lucidity, changes in skin tone, and an overwhelming need to bite living things, up to and including at one point an explicit description of trying to gnaw off his own hand.
    At least four corpses of previous victims are found, including two children.
    and also, aforementioned murderously defensive adoptive dadcriminal showing up to threaten... not technically cannibalism because he's not human, but Eating People

5. Loq

go forth junior flyers
    Screenshot_20211010-120411_Snapchat.jpg
    kick pittsburgh's ass

• Winner x 1
  6. Loq

bedhead thoughts: no context, very clearly in venture's voice: "don't use the P word [person] around scanner he'll cry and by cry I mean make you puke out your own brain"
    why is my brain coughing up robots when I've been in da hell for months? I cannot say, but shitty memebros still live here rent free

• Winner x 4
  7. Loq

contemplates
    a ghilan who survives long enough and gets deep enough into spirit magic does eventually make the jump to self-fuelled blood magic unless given conclusive reason not to (eg dorian's Trauma there). the juncture between Curiosity and Pride is naturally "so busy figuring out if they Could they never stopped to consider whether they Should" (and, frankly, no ghilan has any moral opposition to ethical blood magic- no mind control, no unwilling sacrifices, but power is power and sometimes you just need juice.) if mana is drawing on the fade/spirits' life energy, it follows that one should be equally able to draw on mortal life energy, insofar as they're even naturally separate things given the veil's constructed nature... titans, spirits, elvhen, thedas is blood magic all the way down (if we consider spirits people, isn't casting from yourself more ethical than the accepted way?)
    and also lbr, healing magic works as it needs to for game mechanic purposes, but being able to physically and sanitarily pull blood out of places it shouldn't be would be really fuckin useful for a healer, but probably considered blood magic regardless. (varying by circle? somebody's gotta be pumping out the enchantments for phylacteries, so clearly Some blood is okay...)

Last edited: Oct 12, 2021
    • Like x 1
    • Informative x 1
  8. Loq

me, trying to remember fragmentary video game lore: cmon brain it's only been ten years, give me the elf-andrastean wedding vow cutscene from tabris origin
    brain: AS WE COMMEND YOUR SOULS TO AETHERIUS-
    [yzma voice: wrong cutsceeeeeeene]

• Witnessed x 3
  9. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

Venture is right :P

• Agree x 1
  10. Loq

tfw a fic has an interesting rarepair and premise but the grammar is just shit enough to keep the writing from being enjoyable

• Witnessed x 5
  11. Loq

different fic
    secret/mistaken identity
    otherwise a reasonable fun romp but the main pair is hinging on one not knowing the other is actually his Sworn Enemy(TM) and the nailbiting tension is keeping me from enjoying the relationship-focused scenes

• Witnessed x 2
  12. Loq

"If this [random sus helper npc] was [viewpoint character], would you trust him?"
    "Of course not!"
    viewpoint character, disguised: SWEATS

oof ow my feelings

13. Loq

want to reread a specific fic but I forgot to bookmark it, found it during one of my Everything In This Fandom binges, and can't remember title, author, or tags
    rip me

• Witnessed x 2
  14. Loq

I think I found it
    bless past me and also the search function

15. Loq

hm, no, this is a different one. unfort. I will still reread, but the other fic..... I still yearn.....

• Witnessed x 1
  16. Loq

ever get reminded just how much the creators hate their audience
    Screenshot_20211102-055618_Tumblr.jpg
    this was released in 2019. what the fuck, wotc, this is not the days of listserv. (also, The Sequel Which Shall Not Be Named, ie the book we threw so mich negative feedback at they decided to stop publishing story at all again.)

these are from a 'how to access series lore' post.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2021
  17. Loq

Screenshot_20211102-061604_Tumblr.jpg

18. Loq

19. TheOwlet

TheOwlet A feathered pillow filled with salt and science

*slides in*

Your Matthias...what is the most embarassing thing that ever happened to him?

20. artistformerlyknownasdave

artistformerlyknownasdave revenge of ricky schrödinger

domi: biggest regret? and/or biggest personal fear

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice