Back on my bullshit

Discussion in 'Your Bijou Blogette' started by Loq, Dec 16, 2018.

1. artistformerlyknownasdave

artistformerlyknownasdave revenge of ricky schrödinger

acanthus (once)
    respectable

• Agree x 1
  2. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

acanthus makes many bad decisions, they're just all different bad decisions and Getting Clingy With Asher is not one of them
    this twink either would not literally rip someone's still-beating heart out of their chest bare-handed given half an excuse (weak, inferior, boring) or has WAY too many tentacles for comfort (clearly a demon)

• Winner x 1
  3. Loq

circles back to this with another, possibly worse, take:
    insectoid dwarves to go with feline elves and draconic/bovine qunari
    any dwarf encased in (living/unblighted/Blue) lyrium turns into a golem, the Anvil is just a way of doing that withour a titan's support, so in the same way that worker bees can become princesses/queens under the right circumstances a titan can pump heavier defenses out of its squishier but more versatile 'worker' dwarves (presuming the titan is awake enough to direct the process, which we haven't seen outside the sha-brytol)
    the modern caste system is a weird goddamn holdover from this (and hypothetical other 'castes' we haven't seen) and/or interpretation of pre-imperial Memories, with a healthy dose of good oldfashioned mortal shenanigans and ironclad tradition alongside

Last edited: Dec 27, 2021
    • Informative x 2
  4. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

oh that is a tasty take

5. Loq

today's shuffle lined up The Dawn Will Come and then The Last Remaining Light and okay, musically it's a little weird, but thematically? it fucks

If you don't believe the sun will rise
    Then stand alone and greet the coming night
    In the last remaining light

6. Loq

ah, to be safely cocooned in a quilt with a little cat curled up on top of me
    good night world, I am the coziest

• Winner x 4
  7. Loq

bangs fists on table
    more centaurs with body hair on their human half

• Agree x 2
  8. Loq

circles back to professor domino
    records their own lectures for accessibility, has to either have enchanted recording equipment or add a synthesized voiceover bc the file keeps "mysteriously" "corrupting" and they show up as a smeary black blur emitting static every time they talk on mundane recordings
    (student recordings, also do this,,, which is probably why they started making their own in the first place)

• Winner x 3
  9. Loq

shout out to whichever goddamn monkey's paw makes sure I never bleed through my clothes by ensuring I am Awake whenever go time is, including 4 in the Got Damn Morning

• Witnessed x 4
  10. Loq

tumbl post: "here are some things I think people have forgotten about mtmte:"
    tumbl post: a list of very obvious plot and character points that were front-and-centered (whirl's defacing empurata-ing, the Institute, prowl/cd being canon, etc)

can't tell if op just has no memory or if I'm xkcd-geologist-ing over here

• Witnessed x 1
  11. TheOwlet

TheOwlet A feathered pillow filled with salt and science

New exciting question: which of you is mtmte-george

12. Loq

contemplates
    simultaneous canon facts from mtmte/lost light:
    -rung has gotten in trouble before for getting "too close" to his patients
    -rung is primus

primus... loves his kids... so much that it breaks through the fucking memory block...
    [​IMG]

• Agree x 3
  13. Loq

Man. Man. feeling some kind of way about the narrative neatness of Rung being Decorative-class in the functionist timeline. God has been declared not obsolete only in that its trappings are currently necessary for the optics of our policies. god. jro, you beautiful bastard, I miss your writing.

• Agree x 1
  14. Loq

I JUST HAVE A LOT OF RUNG FEELS OKAY
    rewind is my projection baby but rung.... rung is so good.... all hail the author insert........

• Winner x 1
  15. Loq

love playing with a party whose playstyle is completely opposite of mine .___. I want to take this dm and his setting and find a new group who will actually make fucking characters and not just Big Number Go Boom x2, Yet Another Chaotic Asshole, and Yet Another Lawful "Good"

• Witnessed x 2
  16. Loq

circles back round now that I'm not directly stewing in it
    it's not that I particularly have problems with Chaotic Asshole or Lawful Good characters in general, really- I mean fuck, I've played both. In the same campaign even! (Ulien and Cassandra, my darlings...) It's more that these two players, just like the Numbers Guys, don't really bring characters to the table, they bring... if not their own native personalities, then very consistent character archetypes that never get more than the most superficial of details tweaked. (It's a shifter this time instead of a sorceror, or a battledruid instead of a cleric... but they're still going to do the Same Fucking Things regardless. Even despite, in LG's case, swearing up and down every time cc rolls around that she wants to play Something Different!) And both of these players will argue with the DM at the drop of the hat over trying to either Be An Asshole or Changing The Worldbuilding. And then with each other ooc, because LG doesn't want CA around and CA apparently enjoys baiting LG. And now we have wasted half an hour at a go with inconsequential arguments that could be solved by just listening to the fucking DM. Multiple times a session.

is2g if we keep the same playgroup next time through (likely-- both players are personal friends of the DM) I'm gonna fuckin drop, I Cannot with this group much longer

• Witnessed x 2
  17. TheOwlet

TheOwlet A feathered pillow filled with salt and science

18. Loq

@Eclipse of Apophenia

Send your prayers up and your roots down deep
    Add a few limbs to your family tree
    Watch the pencil marks and the grass in the yard
    All grow up

'Cause the truth about it is
    It all goes by real quick
    You can't buy happiness
    But you can buy dirt

• Winner x 1
  19. Loq

>post when all the friends are asleep
    >"why is no one interacting immediately"
    time zones, ya dingus

• Witnessed x 3
  20. Loq

entertaining thought: if tevinter circles follow the same rank system as southern ones, dorian is technically a fucking teacher (or at least was one before he went south)
    not everyone who passes a harrowing automatically becomes an enchanter, there is just a normal "mage" step there, enchanters are specifically in charge of teaching apprentices (junior and senior obviously handling the basic and advanced courses respectively), and dorian introduces himself as an enchanter of the circle of minrathous
    (yes, this is the same game that mixed up vashoth and tal-vashoth and they probably just forgot, but goddamn am I entertained by local Explosive Multiple Offender Dropout having to grade papers and pretend to be an authority figure to kids who probably heard his name as a cautionary tale)

• Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice