Vent Back to your regularly scheduled wine&cheese tasting

Discussion in 'Brainbent' started by winterykite, Feb 18, 2016.

1. winterykite

winterykite Non-newtonian genderfluid

i say, and then it starts up again.

• Witnessed x 2
  2. winterykite

guess who has two opposable thumbs and is too dumb to use a hot glue gun without burning themself? This binch!

so yeah. blisters on my hands. gonna continue this on friday.

• Witnessed x 2
  3. winterykite

further hot gluing happened without incident.
    the soldering on the other hand....

4. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

winnerest! (Hot glueing is just soldering with plastic fite me)

5. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

kite babe, please stop fucking up your fingers omg

6. winterykite

im trying omg

but on the other hand what is an artist without scars on their hands

7. IvyLB

someone without scars on their hands who maintains appropriate work safety protocols :P

• Agree x 1
  8. winterykite

listen,,,

(scars tell stories. i dont go out of my way to get more, but i mostly like the stories attached to the ones i have)

also i continue being hella amused at my connection to the leitner tome ex altiora and the fact that i actually like enclosed spaces, when my egg donor is both acrophobic and claustrophobic.
    not belittling her for that, that shits serious, but im like the polar opposite. no wonder her anxiety not only short-circuited but permanently fried her common sense and chill...

9. winterykite

also messing with hot glue and stick-on-velcro is impossible with protective gloves. same w/ fiddly wires that need to be soldered together (i burnt myself bc i tried picking the soldering iron up the way i pick up pens and brushes -- at the front. because what is a soldering iron but a brush for metal) and epoxies.

• Witnessed x 1
  10. IvyLB

okay fair enough except for the part where there ARE skintight heat protective gloves and if u try picking up a soldering iron at the front again I'm removing your hand privileges >:(

11. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Listen to your meowrail Kite.

12. winterykite

i dont plan on repeating that mistake, no ::P
    if i know what the mistake i am, in fact, clever enough to avoid repeating it, unless i have a really fucking good reason to do it on purpose. picking up a soldering iron at the front... dont think i could come up with one "_"

and the existence of skintight protective gloves does neither mean my work has them, has them in my size, and if i can still use them to peel stuff off other stuff if i tend to use my fingernails to give me a foot to stand on. or that the damn gloves wouldnt slide either way bc my hands start sweating like mad in gloves.

13. IvyLB

okay fair enough >_>
    I think they're not rubbery, but like woven? they come with those no-clamp curling irons is where i know 'em from.
    (yes hush, the fact i know these exist and precisely where to get them makes me a raging hypocrite about not owning any, my reasoning is [train noises])

14. winterykite

-loud yelling-

SO. ok.

the week before crimmus i got a new computer! which is basically the old ssd, hdd, and gpu with new everything else. it was, coincidentally, also the day before the next lockdown. so i took a detour to get a second screen because ive been wanting to upgrade that.
    the bus took a curve. i, along with the computer, took a dive across the bus -- and after that, it refused to send a signal to any display. joy.
    took it back to the computer store, had the guy replace the completely fucking *busted* internal speaker and prod the cpu again. pc worked. brought it back home (this time in a car so it was very much more gentle). display doesnt get a signal. #fml

asked a couple people and one of my friends was like "....kite. kite, test it while there's *not* a shit ton of other devices on the distributor" im like ???? that should *not* be a factor. but might as well.
    turns out i got schooled hardcore, lol. so, got it running and displaying shit! sjust. whenever i connect a thing, be it usb or a pair of speakers, the screen just. freezes. and on one memorable occasion stayed frozen for 2 hours. yeah. so if i want to plug in shit i have to do it before boot rn. might need to uninstall all device drivers and have a reboot reinstall them. #joy

and now i need to reinstall all my steam games on the internal hdd because the external hdd has decided to randomly dis- and reconnect, making playing games pretty impossible. at least those dis- and reconnects dont make the computer freeze.

• Witnessed x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice