1. We've been a little overwhelmed with the rate of moderator activity lately, and @rigel drew the short straw. Congratudolences are appreciated, or you could give generously to the memorial fund for his sanity.
    Dismiss Notice

Bad, Hilarious, Or Just Absurd Baby Names

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Acey, Oct 5, 2016.

1. Acey

Acey i use my outside voice because i have no choice

I’m really hoping that’s a real name in some other culture and that it just sounds unfortunate to English speakers, but at this point I’m never sure.

• Agree x 3
  2. Agreed. I mean I’ve only ever heard of one guy called Cable, and that was a superhero code name.

• Agree x 1
    • Informative x 1
  3. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

Which, considering he's a Rob Liefeld character from the 90s, makes it even more impressive they managed to out-90s-superhero-name him.

• Agree x 2
    • Winner x 2
  4. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap Well-Known Member

Apparently, one of the Puritan naming trends was translating Hebrew names based on etymology.
    Meaning, yes:
    upload_2019-2-6_22-9-23.png

5. Acey

Puritan naming trends in general were...well, interesting, let’s put it that way.

• Agree x 5
  6. Acey

So I looked it up and McKell is an actual surname, at least.

Still the most unbearably matchy sibling set, though, and I still don’t like it as a given name. :P

• Agree x 1
  7. Re Allyssa

Re Allyssa Sylph of Heart

Pretty sure that my half-uncle on exdad's side was named Royce. So, that didn't sound out of place to me.

• Informative x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice