Bad, Hilarious, Or Just Absurd Baby Names

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Acey, Oct 5, 2016.

1. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

Taylee. Not Taylor. Not Kaylee. Taylee.

And last I checked, no, she’s not a fusion. :P

• Like x 3
    • Witnessed x 1
  2. Elph

Elph capuchin hacker fucker

I was confused for a second as well, but I'll clarify here: the kid is called Sinatra.

• Like x 2
  3. whyguy

whyguy blarg

huh, I should dig up my birth certificate, I never knew you couldn't use accents :o

I don't ever use the accent on my name tbh, which my mom hates because she's proud of it sounding fancy x'D

• Like x 2
  4. idiomie

idiomie I, A Shark Apologist

my paternal great grandmother apparently absolutely loved the song "Danny Boy" and she also really liked the name "Don"

so in the fine tradition of white women everywhere, she named her son (my bio-granddad) Dandon

• Witnessed x 13
  5. The last name “Joner”, which I believe goes here not because it’s bad in anyway, but because it’s as close as possible to the name Jones. It must be hell trying to get other people to spell their name right.

• Agree x 4
  6. Acey

And it’s one letter off from Boner. :P

• Agree x 5
    • Witnessed x 1
  7. BaseDeltaZero

BaseDeltaZero Shitposting all night.

An organization, not a baby name, but... fun with bad acronyms/initials.

Keep up the good work JEW.PNG Keep up the good work JEW2.PNG

• Witnessed x 9
    • Winner x 1
  8. TheOwlet

TheOwlet A feathered pillow filled with salt and science

honestly that dude's parents also made a terrible choice in middle names...

• Agree x 7
  9. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

I recall a Cake Wrecks entry of a baby shower cake with fondant baby paraphernalia (bottle, pacifier, etc) on it, including three little alphabet blocks, all showing the letter K. Jen's comment: "Never in my life have I so fervently hoped a cake was chocolate."

• Winner x 4
  10. Sethrial MacCoill

Sethrial MacCoill Attempts were made

Tiffany is short for Theophania, apparently, so now I have to have a character named Theophania who goes by Tif

• Like x 5
    • Winner x 3
  11. Acey

3C5B0A4A-547F-4649-A83D-3C5CBA56A023.png
    why

• Witnessed x 9
    • Agree x 4
  12. VJ Wocky

VJ Wocky 36 Somnolent Void Seeks Perfection in Dissonance

apparently their parents played sessions of D&D with too many "kh"s and "y"s instead of too many apostrophes

• Agree x 4
  13. I had to do a double take when I saw this one and make sure I didn’t misread it- the surname Begay.

• Winner x 5
  14. Acey

Okay, but is "be gay" a command, or is it a comment on the person bearing the name's tendencies? :P

Fun fact, relatedly: for a time, Gay was actually used as a given name (since the original meaning is "happy" and all--it made sense at the time, basically). I feel kinda bad for anyone who has it now...

15. Acey

Also, this reminds me that I have not shared the utterly delightful joke about "Penis Van Lesbian," so here you go.

16. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

I see "gay" as a middle name for older people in voter records pretty regularly. Plus the occasional "Gaylord."

• Informative x 1
  17. Acey

I guess at least with a middle name they can not use it if it's embarrassing to them, but...

• Agree x 1
  18. theambernerd

theambernerd dead to all sense of shame

I mean it’s always been lovely to me that Katsucon is hosted at a hotel called The Gaylord

• Agree x 3
    • Winner x 2
  19. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

begay is a navajo name.

• Informative x 8
  20. Acey

Is it pronounced like “be gay” or is the pronunciation different? I know precisely fuckall about Navajo pronunciation and now I’m really curious.

• Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice