Bad News Good News

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by jacktrash, May 23, 2015.

1. Erica

Erica occasionally vaguely like a person

bad: cannot making writing work for me. am already behind on my self-imposed writing schedule. very frustrating >:I

good: my friends are so nice and i just talked to my best friend from when i was 15 and we've fallen quite a bit out of touch since then but it's always so nice to chat with them and reaffirm that yes we're still friends we still care about each other we still enjoy talking and casual 'i love you!'s are still acceptable :D

• Like x 1
  2. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

Good: interview tomorrow!
    Bad: Criminal background check and whatnot means a few weeks minimum for decision, and I would like money sooner.
    Not sure if bad: Position might be a few hours a day very early in it, which would make it plausible for me to do two jobs, so long as the other was purely afternoon/evening.

• Like x 3
  3. Nertbugs

Nertbugs Information Leafblower

Good news: We've put down the lovely new wooden laminate flooring in the living room / dining room and it looks gorgeous.

Bad news: My friend's dad, who is a builder, came round to help with some bits and informed us that a component of MDF is formaldehyde. So all of the dust we'd created from cutting boards is pretty toxic and we'd thought it was just sawdust. So we were lax with face masks (which was naughty of us anyway).

• Like x 3
  4. Another Shy One

Another Shy One More books than clothes

Good news: i found a dvd copy of rocky horror picture show at a good will along with a copy of the last unicorn!!!
    Bad news: still have yet to get back to the temp agency, havent called optometrist or health clinic and still need to change political parties in order to vote for who i want to vote for (meaning no spoons)

• Like x 2
  5. rats

rats 21 Bright Forge Shatters The Void

bad: had to drive for like 3 hrs to get to this place upstate, immediately after finishing a lifeguard recert course so i was buuuurnt, also this means im probably not gonna study at all for my chem AP at 8AM on monday

good: mom drove all the way tonight, and we listened to a really good dollup episode most of the way up

EXTRA good: purpose of the trip is to PICK UP MY NEW PUPPY!!! her name was previously "golda" but like....shes a golden retriever.......so we r considering diana or jackie ;w; im so excited

• Like x 3
  6. Shade

Shade Member

Bad news: I got into a car accident that totaled my car. It was the other person's fault so they'll have to pay me the value of the car but it's not going to be enough to purchase a new car worth getting. I don't have the funds to be making car payments right now.

Good: I've finally got a group for my Pathfinder game. This is my first time being a DM. Should be fun!

• Like x 2
  7. Insomniac

Insomniac tired

Bad: My boss is...incompetent. When we heard how he managed to land his supervisor job the rest of us just walking around in dazed WTF-ry. I.E. He was going to move me from my area because my numbers weren't up to par. Well, it turns out that he not only never looked at the spreadsheets that tallies those numbers he had the gall and zero self awareness of asking, "Do you use Excell? I don't see why you should use, I've never even gone in there. Is it helping at all?"

At one point I was so...hysterical...I think I forgot English; I was livid. Couldn't figure out what this asshat was saying despite watching him flap his gums while I basically disassociated. My daytime counterpart and I ljust dropped everything in shock. Like, how did you know about my numbers then? HOW? In fact, who gave you this position? I want to know and I want to steer clear of this person. My boss has never worked my position, or anything in my part of the factory, so he literally has no clue what he's talking about.

Good: Abuse of power, yo. *koffs* Okay, not really, too many oversights and regulations. But still as a quality inspector in a bottleneck operation where only I can pass airplane parts (both military and civilian) during a 10 to 12hr shift, 6 days a week, for a multi-national aerospace company, I actually love my snazzy job. I get to yell and scream and demand stuff from engineers and managers, with some being actual MENSA members making six figure salaries, and I still pretty much run my part of the show. Mwuaahahahahahaha~!

• Like x 3
  8. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

Bad: oh my god are my arms, legs, and part of my back sore. mostly my legs. the muscles used in squatting, like skiing or picking up boxes, are really reminding me that I'm employed again. Ow.

Good: I'm employed again! I just got out of working 4:15ish - 8:30ish and I'm not mentally exhausted like I tended to be after working at the convenience store! I can hyperfocus on the process of getting boxes and things sorted to the appropriate places! Of twisting them around so I can scan them and get their destination stickers in place, then direct them to the conveyor belt or the side rollers or the smalls area. If a coworker or manager interrupts me, it'll still be something related to the overall flow of packages through the facility! Mental multitasking that I can tell will not be exhausting myself doing, because it's all parallel processes! It's not the abrupt perpendicular interruption of customers with any number of random questions or requests!

/me lays here in a contented, sore, accomplished pile.

• Like x 8
  9. Nertbugs

Nertbugs Information Leafblower

Good news: One of my bestest friends of all time got married! We're doing a celebration dinner this weekend.

Bad news: I was in charge of buying the congratulations card for our group of friends to give her, and I almost ended up sobbing in the card shop because it was all far too emotional. Tried to play it off as allergies to the cashier. Don't think they believed me :s

• Like x 2
  10. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

bad news: i am covered in bruises, scratches, sunburns, and sore all over. also the lamp i bought at walmart earlier was broken when i opened the package.

good news: the reason i am all those things is because our house was finally available! i finally got to sleep on a real bed after a month of sleeping on a table that folds into a bed with an inch thick cushion for protection from said table, all crammed into a tiny camper with my family and pets. but now i am in a house! with my own room! which i planned to paint yellow but it was already yellow when i got here, as if it was waiting just for me! and we bought a bajillion flowers and we're gonna plant them everywhere and i am just so happy you guys.

• Like x 11
  11. WithAnH

WithAnH Space nerd

• Like x 1
  12. Imoyram

Imoyram Well-Known Member

Bad news: our kitchen faucet leaked into the basement, an old chair, lots of pillows, and some stuff got soaked, other things just slightly wet, and the carpet is soaked

Good news: this means that room is finally getting sorted through, and we are getting rid of stuff! this is like 20yo stuff some of it, some maybe even more.
    hopefully when its done we will have a lot less shit in there, especially since that was the room with lots of toys in it, and i am the youngest child. i am now 14. we dont need all of that. (its also all been a stress for mom for years, so hopefully having that room more clean will help her be a lot happier)

• Like x 2
  13. Aviari

Aviari PartyWolf Is In The House Tonight

Good News: First SCUBA dive of the season was FUCKING INCREDIBLE.

Absolutely 200% one of the BEST DAYS OF MY LIFE.
    Dove Y73, a shipwreck about 30mi offshore from Charleston Harbor. 100ft down, 60ft of visibility, 65-70degree water.
    1) Pod of SIX Atlantic spotted/common dolphins were playing right on top of the wreck and hung out for a good half hour of the dive
    2) HUGE schools of amber jack and a spadefish school that did a spiral around the group, tons of damsel- and angelfish
    3) SHARK
    4) Did I mention 60ft visibility? My last dive had 10ft.
    5) 4FT SEA TURTLE
    6) Lionfish EVERYWHERE, one with fans bigger than my HANDS
    7) I found a slipper lobster!
    8) Also an empty helmet conch the size of my HEAD

BEST. DAY.

Bad News: My stomach is so sunburnt--from laying out on the boat deck in a bikini top with my wetsuit rolled down for some post-dive R&R and the first unencapsulated Vitamin D I've seen in literal months--that I am physically incapable of wearing a bra and can barely tolerate a loose shirt--three days later.

• Like x 11
  14. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap Well-Known Member

Good news: I've managed to get at least a little bit over my huge, debilitating fear of death.
    Bad news: My brain is very happy with this as I can apparently now be even more stereotypical and want to kill myself like a Good Crazy Person.

15. kitarakir

kitarakir Active Member

Good news: The mold test didn't find any Black Mold

Bad News: We apparently have Penicillin growing instead, and all 3 of us in the apartment are sensitive or allergic to it

• Like x 3
  16. strictly quadrilateral

strictly quadrilateral alive, alive, alive!

Bad news: crashed my bike yesterday and fucked up my elbow p bad

Good news: just got home from the hospital a few hours ago and my cat has barely left my lap since I got back. She's a good cat < 3

• Like x 3
  17. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

Good news: My sore throat seems to be lessening by the day :D

Bad news: it plays up at night :(

18. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

Good news: summer is coming, which means my beloved afternoon rainstorms are back!

Bad news: it's a little early in the season so I left my windows cracked while I was at work. Car is now soaked. Sorry, car.

• Like x 3
  19. Astrodynamicist

Astrodynamicist Adequate Potato Goblin

Bad news: my parents and I did not plan for Suddenly Cold Enough For Snow weather and were freezing through Commencement

Good news: I MOTHERFUCKING GRADUATED FUCK YES

• Like x 13
  20. Secret Squirrel

Secret Squirrel certainly something

Bad news: I might have a concussion.

Good news: Everyone is really sympathetic to me, to the point that my thesis advisor drove me to the urgent care and is suggesting that we reschedule my proposal.

Bad news: I was supposed to go to a party with an open bar on Friday and if I have a concussion I probably can't drink, huh? :/

Good news: I can go out with friends next week instead, probably!

• Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice