Bad News Good News

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by jacktrash, May 23, 2015.

1. winterykite

winterykite Non-newtonian genderfluid

Good news: I have a job interview!
    Bad news: It's a temporary employ, covering for someone who is in maternity leave
    Bad news: It's at 9am in the fucking morning with an hour commute and the trains driving in such a way that I'll have to stand up at half past 6 the very latest to catch a tram just before 7.
    Good news: I think I'll sleep on the train.

• Like x 3
    • Witnessed x 1
  2. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

Good news: there is a very pretty (stray? I saw no collar) red-and-white doggo in the area!
    Bad news: I learned this bc she tried to run directly in front of my car, the crazy pup 0no I managed not to hit her but hoo boy that was an adrenaline rush I Did Not need

• Witnessed x 2
  3. winterykite

Bad news: My tablet is still in repair 4 weeks in, and they have ignored the store's two adhortatory letters
    Good news: I called the service line and they already said they sent two adhortatory letters and will call the repair place to find out what the fuck the holdup is. Also, my netbook's charging issues seem to be due to the charging cable, and not the jack.

• Witnessed x 2
  4. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

Bad news: we got soaked walking around in Bruges this afternoon.

Good news: I am in Bruges with a lovely American friend :D

• Winner x 2
  5. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

Bad news: My phone case broke. :(
    Good news: My mom ordered me a really cute new one! (It has Pearl on it!!!)

• Winner x 6
  6. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Bad news: train is delayed
    Good news: I left early enough that I won't be late (I hope)

• Witnessed x 5
  7. Emma

Good news: I AM MOVING TO MY OWN PLACE! :D

Bad news: Now I have to go shopping for a new floor >.<

• Winner x 3
    • Like x 2
  8. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

Are you installing it yourself? I just got flooring for my room, I might know a bit about diying it, depending on what you get.

• Like x 1
  9. Emma

That depends entirely on the type of floor I might get and on how expensive it might be to have it installed. I would very much prefer to have it installed, because it would be easiest, but it might be cheaper to just install it myself... We'll see. I have to get measurements and such first anyway.

• Informative x 1
  10. turtleDove

turtleDove Well-Known Member

There's a type of click-together wooden/faux-wood flooring that I think is pretty easy to do and may be what NevermorePoe is referring to. I admit my experience with installing the stuff is pretty much just "watching and helping out a little when my dad redid the floor in my parents' previous house, more than a decade ago", so I can't actually confirm whether or not it's actually easy to work with.

Either way, congrats on new place!

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  11. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

that is what i was referring too! hopefully i'll get a day off when I can actually get started installing it...

• Like x 1
  12. turtleDove

Good news: we got take-out from the Good sushi restaurant for dinner tonight, and I got gyoza, a beef don, and decided to try the seafood udon instead of going with the veggie udon I've had before.

Bad news: the seafood udon is kinda terrifying. Headless, still-in-shell shrimp (they still had legs), the rest of the seafood (asides from a half-shell clam sitting on top when I opened the bowl) appears to be "squid pieces, assorted" which includes what I'm 95% sure isn't actually an eyeball but sure af looks sorta like an eyeball, and the broth tastes strongly of fish and I'm not sure it's supposed to. I'm really worried about the shrimp (I didn't eat any of them, just - carefully put them to the side, in the empty gyoza container, along with the hopefully-not-an-eyeball) because I know whole shrimp can be a thing, but the fact that there were legs kinda...makes me wonder if they were properly cleaned, and also the fact that someone decided to put in-shell shrimp into what's functionally a kind of soup is just baffling. (Also it had pieces of what I think was agadashi tofu - it's the one that always tastes sorta like alfalfa to me, anyways. But that's just unpleasant sensory input, not potential health hazard.)

• Witnessed x 5
  13. Kodachi

Kodachi Well-Known Member

Do not like shrimp with legs...

• Agree x 2
  14. Jean

Jean Let’s stop procrastinating -- tomorrow!

Bad news: I'm going to need a root canal. Good news: I got a really cute dress.

• Witnessed x 4
    • Like x 1
  15. turtleDove

Good news: I got up on time, was more successful in trying to make poached eggs this time, and accepted delivery for groceries.

Bad news: The poached eggs weren't entirely successful, so I kind of ended up with one "cooked-white and dubious-yolk" and one "perfectly cooked yolk and white, but not attached to each other", and they ended up getting cold really quickly. So I kinda...don't wanna eat them now? Which feels dumb and like a waste.

• Witnessed x 3
  16. Rooks

Rooks How Lost Are You on a Scale of 1-10? ... Zoro.

Bad news: I forgot about kintsugi??

Good news: I got drunk and remembered that this forum is a thing :D

• Winner x 3
    • Like x 2
    • Witnessed x 1
  17. Lazarae

Lazarae The tide pod of art

Good news: Went to bed at a halfway-decent time

Bad news: PUNCHED IN FACE BY STRESS DREAMS

• Witnessed x 6
    • Agree x 1
  18. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

Bad news: because we had to wait for someone we're gonna be like 45 minutes late for thanksgiving
    Good news: I spent those 45 minutes making friends with the sweetest chattiest black cat I have ever met. I Love her and I need to find my carrier so we can see if she's chipped and get her a checkup

• Winner x 6
    • Like x 2
  19. winterykite

Good news: My novelty alarm clock (target & pistol) have arrived and work.
    Bad news: My platypus plushie and knitting needles package has been returned to amazon instead of being given to a neighbour (both packages, the alarm clock one and the plushie & needles one, were sent to a Packstation, which was full. Alarm clock was rerouted to a neighbour where I picked it up, the plushie & needles one wasn't), and the customer service rep is apparently incapable of understanding that I am talking about the first package as a comparison of "why wasn't this done with the other package, and what do I have to do to get said second package". I am this close to calling the hotline and I already did a phonecall today (to the delivery company hotline, which was dreadful)

• Witnessed x 4
    • Informative x 1
  20. Sethrial MacCoill

Sethrial MacCoill Attempts were made

Good news: watching someone else destroy themself has inspired me to get my shit together and get healthy
    bad news: now that i'm healthier, watching them destroy themself creeps me the fuck out and i have no way to help them.

• Witnessed x 9
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice