Bad News Good News

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by jacktrash, May 23, 2015.

1. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

Bad news: I was woken up twice by phone calls before I was rested. Sensory meltdown. My family had to postpone the laundry while I fell back asleep because I couldn’t stand the sounds of the washer and dryer even though they were very muffled. Relentless, bad frequency.

Good news: I did get back to sleep, and the phone calls were my psychiatrist’s office moving my appointment up so I won’t run out of ritalin.

• Like x 5
  2. Jean

Jean Let’s stop procrastinating -- tomorrow!

Good news: this job gives me good pay, good benefits, a union, defered compensation, and health insurance.

Bad news: I'm kinda starting to hate it.

• Witnessed x 5
  3. turtleDove

turtleDove Well-Known Member

Good news: I remembered when my allergist appointment is! And my dentist appointment!

Bad news: The allergist appointment was on the 1st. I managed to forget this, despite writing it down on the calendar and them sending me a reminder. I'm going to have to call them tomorrow, and try to get a new appointment, and probably explain that no, I didn't mean to miss the appointment, I just forgot what month we're in.

• Witnessed x 7
  4. turtleDove

Bad news: nearly gave myself a panic attack when grabbing the reminder card for the dentist appointment, because it's not on the 13th, it's on the 5th. And my brain promptly went into "SHIT WE MISSED BOTH OF THEM" mode.

Good news: I have not yet actually missed the dentist appointment, but it's tomorrow.

• Witnessed x 7
  5. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

Bad news: My brand-new sweater got snagged on something and got a run in it, right on the front.
    Good news: I managed to fix it with nothing more than a needle and thread! It definitely still looks like Something Happened There but it's significantly less obvious and it'll at least keep the run from getting any bigger. :D

• Like x 2
  6. Secret Squirrel

Secret Squirrel certainly something

Witnner!

eta: WHOOPS I thought this was Acey’s vent thread, WITNNER TO ALL OF YOU

Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
    • Witnessed x 1
  7. Acey

If it helps, I actually meant to post about it in my vent too. :P

• Like x 1
  8. Kodachi

Kodachi Well-Known Member

@winterykite, that alarm looks really cool, but I'm seeing 41% 1 star reviews on Amazon. Do you still like it after using it a few months?

9. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

Good news: I got a new phone, it'll be here by the 15th or so!

Bad news: EXPENSIVE.

• Witnessed x 1
  10. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

Bad news: Jackass Manager forced every lady-shaped person working to participate in a national womens' day event :T and naturally this happened on a Dude Day so the dysphoria is real

Good news: through the power of mutual bitching afterwards, Coworker Friend and I are now mutually out about genderweird to each other! (But not Jackass Boss, who already has it out for them...) Fuck yeah solidarity!

• Like x 4
    • Witnessed x 4
  11. Acey

Winnessed.

• Agree x 2
  12. winterykite

winterykite Non-newtonian genderfluid

Good news: New shampoo and conditionar are amazing
    Bad news: health insurance wants income proof and I can't find half of the relevant letters even though I know I got them.

13. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Good: We got a stray bit of summer, it´s nice and warm and sunny and I got to be pretty happy when I woke up.
    Bad: My brain proceeded to freak me out about a hypothetical later.

• Witnessed x 5
  14. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

Three parter here.

Good: Finally cleaning room means cutting back on ambient exposure to allergens such as dust.

Bad: Cleaning room to cut back on ambient exposure to allergens such as dust causes sudden acute exposure to allergens such as dust.

Good: Benadryl unearthed during cleaning.

• Winner x 7
    • Witnessed x 3
  15. Secret Squirrel

Secret Squirrel certainly something

Bad News: Got hungry again right as I was gearing up to work on stuff in the lab. I had to have vending machine lunch. :/

Good News: The Muscle Milk strawberry banana yogurt protein shake (man that’s a lot of words) WASNT totally disgusting? It was in fact very tasty and NOT a huge sugar bomb?! What is this world I live in now, full of tangy possibilities!!

• Winner x 4
    • Informative x 1
    • Useful x 1
  16. Acey

Bad news: I caught my beloved headphones on a door handle while I was carrying them in my hand and they broke. :(
    Good news: I had an identical pair that I'd ordered a few months back after temporarily losing my old pair, so I didn't have to worry about replacing them! (Which is good, because they're my favorite headphones I've ever owned.)

• Witnessed x 2
  17. Acey

Bad news: My mom was gonna make soup tonight, but it turns out we don't have any onions (which are a necessary ingredient for that specific soup), so she can't make it...
    Good news: ...and so she's ordering pizza instead, which I've kinda been craving all day!

• Winner x 7
  18. turtleDove

Bad news: My credit card got declined when I tried to buy a $7 item on Love Nikki. Twice. (I backed out of the payment, each time, so it's fine.) And then when I went to my online banking site to find out wtf, my credit card showed as being massively overdrawn.
    Good news: This is because that's what it looks like when the bank puts a hold on your credit card, and they had some concerns about my whatpumpkin order since it's a lot more money than I usually spend in one sitting at an online shop. I got the issue cleared up within fifteen minutes, my credit card is now usable again.

• Winner x 6
    • Witnessed x 3
  19. chthonicfatigue

chthonicfatigue Bitten by a radioactive trickster god

@turtleDove if it's a diamond recharge on ln, hold off on it til tomorrow because there is a recharge event for the anniversary running from the 11th along with double diamond reset. If it's a daily pack, unfortunately I don't think those count, which is a bummer.

20. turtleDove

It was a daily pack, which I think sort of count; it'll count the VIP points, not the actual diamonds. I figured this out when I did a recharge during the last event and managed to get the whole outfit for much less than it would've cost to recharge 900 diamonds.

Unfortunately, I didn't see this in time to not buy the thing. So I'll have to wait and see if there's any good daily packs going for enough VIP points.

• Witnessed x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice