1. We've been a little overwhelmed with the rate of moderator activity lately, and @rigel drew the short straw. Congratudolences are appreciated, or you could give generously to the memorial fund for his sanity.
    Dismiss Notice

Bad News Good News

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by jacktrash, May 23, 2015.

1. turtleDove

turtleDove Well-Known Member

Update:
    Good news: The asbestos is, apparently, just a strip of tape on one of the ducts. So that should be easy to remediate quickly, or to fix so that it's safe. And it's a duct pipe that's in an area we wouldn't be accessing normally anyways.
    Bad news: The landlord is trying to claim that they completely redid the bathroom, which is one of the places where the inspector found mold (right under the toilet). So, y'know, bullshit they completely redid it. :/ At least we know now, though, and we'll get dehumidifiers and other stuff to make sure there isn't any excess humidity building up in the house.

• Witnessed x 3
  2. turtleDove

turtleDove Well-Known Member

Good news: done moving! All that needs doing now is unpacking and sorting out where stuff goes.
    Bad news: Jegus fuck, we have so much to unpack. Also it is cold as balls, and it's not gonna get warmer anytime soon - we've got the thermostat cranked, but the heater can only do so much when the windows and balcony door don't have any curtains to keep the heat from going right through the glass.
    Good news: we're making pretty steady progress with the unpackening! And crucial stuff is getting found, like the can opener and clean utensils, and dish soap.
    Bad news: In addition to curtains for pretty much every room that's going to be in use, we also need lamps for all those rooms because the only rooms that have overhead lighting are the bathroom, the stairwell, the kitchen, and the basement. This means that the living room gets dark as hell, once the natural light goes for the day and my room is currently so dark that I cannot really see the cat curled up next to me. Also it's cold. Have I mentioned it's cold?
    Good news: new neighbourhood is cute, my parents sent me Hannukah money that I'm gonna use on quilting supplies, and the cats are doing okay (asides from being bored and restless with being confined till it's safe to let them out).

• Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice