Bad News Good News

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by jacktrash, May 23, 2015.

1. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Oh, i realize it's off topic, but: almond milk is great for lattes! It foams faster, and imo tastes better too

• Useful x 2
    • Winner x 1
  2. Lizardlicks

Lizardlicks Friendly Neighborhood Lizard

Bad News: I still need to pack
    Good New: Going to Oregon to pick up the boy this weekend!!!!

• Winner x 7
  3. turtleDove

turtleDove Well-Known Member

Bad news: have not slept yet today, on account of I pulled an all-nighter on purpose
    Good news: I filled out a new patient questionnaire for a doctor my uncle recommended and should hear back on whether or nor I'll be accepted as a patient within a week. I also went to a walk-in clinic, got a new prescription for All my meds, and got my meds filled. Also, I now have paint chips to test in my room to see what colours I want to paint the walls.

• Like x 4
  4. Camber

Camber Active Member

Bad news: still got this big thing past due, and alas, it's wretched. And this year will be more intense work-wise, so I Gotta get on this work.

Good news: I'm back at my flat and my flatmates are very lovely. e.g.: I have been made pasta And invited to companiably paint flowers And we have started a jigsaw as a flat, and it's been about a day. Friends are good actually!

• Like x 3
    • Winner x 2
  5. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

Good news: I got my flu shot yesterday and got a free ice cream cone from the drugstore’s ice cream shop for it!

Bad news: It was more painful than average this year and my arm still hurts. :/

• Witnessed x 4
    • Winner x 1
  6. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

bad news: went to the dentist for the first time in years, apparently I need a whole mess of fillings and to get my wisdom teeth ganked

good news: IHOP right next to dentist

(bad news: won't be able to go to IHOP after getting my first 2 fillings next week... ;_;)

• Witnessed x 6
  7. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

good news: got a talking-to at work and only cried 1) after the fact and 2) a very little controllable bit! progress!
    bad news: this is apparently counterbalanced by the New Anxiety Feature of brain chewing on the interaction a solid 24hrs later for Things We Could Have Said :/

• Witnessed x 11
  8. Gee

Gee the mail never fails

B: car did a scary, there’s a feral kitten crying outside, anxiety for workload Tuesday
    G: car was fixed, was fed good dinner, petted the kitty

• Like x 4
  9. VJ Wocky

VJ Wocky 36 Somnolent Void Seeks Perfection in Dissonance

b: i have a blocked tearduct
    g: mom won 35 bucks off of some scratcher cards her aunt gave her for her birthday. also we now have shelving in the garage so we can organize our shit and get rid of stuff we don't use anymore

• Like x 6
  10. VJ Wocky

g: my tearducts are clearing and looking/feeling better. it rained so the air quality is a lot better and i can finally open the windows for a while
    b: the leak in the roof of my room isn't as fixed as we thought and now there is a small puddle right by my bed

• Witnessed x 5
  11. Camber

Camber Active Member

bad: I have a meeting tomorrow for which my whole strategy is more or less 'I am not going to finish this by the deadline, I want to get as much as I can done, help?' and of course I do not have as much preparation done for this as I would like or indeed as the person I'm meeting would like, I expect. but it is late, and I am quite tired and overwhelmed. I have made some cursory notes and the best thing I can do is to try and get enough rest that tomorrow me has a couple of hours to work on it.

good: I talked to my sister and aunt and friend today and all three continue to be lovely people & lovely people to have in my life. also I went to an appointment I needed to and it was useful! just because the situation now is a little bleak doesn't mean it will always be, nor that I can't enjoy doing things to make it more bearable.

• Like x 1
  12. VJ Wocky

g: my bed is now safely out of the most likely splash zone of the leak that's gonna get hit hard with three days of rain starting wednesday
    b: we had to move and clean most of the larger pieces of furnature in my room. in one night. with both of us not feeling 100% and my autie brain going NONONONONONONO on repeat in the background because CHANGE BAD!

• Witnessed x 4
  13. raydelblau

raydelblau the giant rat who makes all of the rules

G: first semester of law school complete! i’ve learned so many things and the law is so interesting and important and weird and broken and i’m glad i’m studying it

B: e x a m s??????

guessilldie.jpg

• Witnessed x 8
  14. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Bad news: slipped in some mud and ate shit into a sidewalk on the way to a game store, and my knee is a bad.

Good news: hung out with friends at said game store for 7 hours straight playing rotten apples and creating a whole world with unique races, magic, gods, landscapes, societies, stats, and more instead of just following a DND system. I'm so stoked to see how the gameplay ends up, and if it doesn't work I get to sit down and talk about all that shit again :DDD

Edit: favorite bit, we made all the gods basically tulpas. Powerful beings of thought energy. A lot of the magic system runs on intent, and I really hope it works well with the gameplay because holy moly that sounds so fun!!!

Last edited: Jan 25, 2020
    • Winner x 5
    • Like x 2
  15. Alexand

Alexand Rhymes with &

Bad news: Went to get my flu shot in late November. Have flu now anyway. Swag

Good news: Have learned the joys of face masks. No idea if they have any therapeutic benefit, besides keeping me from getting drops of cough particulate on other people, but damn it feels nice to have a breath relocator shield to warm my throat and sinuses

• Witnessed x 8
  16. Gee

Gee the mail never fails

Good news: beachbeachbeach was fun!!! :mpsa:
    Bad news: sunburn :msap:

• Like x 5
    • Winner x 4
    • Witnessed x 2
  17. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

Bad news: One of my lip piercings decided to swell up the other day, so I had to take it out for a few days.
    Good news: I managed to get it back in!
    Bad news: The balls on the ends of both pieces of jewelry have disappeared.
    Good news: I ordered new studs, which will be comfier and more convenient than the kind of lip jewelry I have currently!

• Like x 7
  18. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

Bad: Light sensitivity, ow!

Good: Careening around the house by touch is fun!

• Like x 5
  19. Kodachi

Kodachi Well-Known Member

Good news. I made caramelized steak last night.
    Bad news. I splashed molten sugar on my hand. It left a big, blistering burn.
    Good news. It's right on the intersection of two preexisting scars so it doesn't hurt at all!

• Witnessed x 9
  20. Erica

Erica occasionally vaguely like a person

good thing: finished first draft of fic i've been working on for over a month! (it's only 9k but i'm a slow writer so i'm still proud)
    bad thing: don't have any fandom friends in this fandom (pathologic) so can neither bounce ideas off anyone or ask anyone to beta, which is a shame because i think this is actually the first time i've finished something and thought "i want to hold on to this for a bit so it's actually as good as i can make it right now before i post it" rather than just... wanting to get it immediately out there. I'm technically in a discord server for pathologic and could ask there but hmmmmmm antis. This fic would not be a problem for antis. but another thing i'm also writing definitely would be and i'm not about to open myself up for that kind of bs :(

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice