Bad News Good News

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by jacktrash, May 23, 2015.

1. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

Good news: awesome day in my psycho rotation :D :D One of the psychiatrists told me that I was good with these types of patients :D

Bad news: only left the hospital twenty minutes ago, when I could've been done much earlier.

• Like x 3
  2. Frizzycrls

Frizzycrls Frazzled Frizzy

Bad: My tablet (second one within a month) is broken beyond repair.

Good: While I was learning this, my fiance got offered a nearly new tablet for only $40 and bought it for me

• Like x 4
  3. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

Good news: Talking to friends I haven't seen in a while
    Bad news: talking to people I don't know how to deal with and have avoided for a while.

• Like x 1
  4. Greywing

Greywing Resident dead bird

Good news: I packed all my stuff up and moved houses.
    Bad news: forgot my tiny defenseless cacti in the old house. Now I must drive 1.5 hours each way to retrieve them. :T

Last edited: Aug 26, 2015
    • Like x 3
  5. Newlyread

Newlyread Killer Queen

Good news! When I went to the hospital to make a payment on the ridiculously huge hospital bill that's been looming over us since my husband's January week-long stay, the man there very helpfully gave me paperwork to apply for financial assistance!

Bad news: SO WHERE WERE YOU OR SOMEONE AS HELPFUL AS YOU BACK AT THE START OF THE YEAR WHEN I ASKED IF WE COULD COUNT FOR FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE AND WAS TOLD NO

MONTHS OF HARDSHIP TRYING TO PAY MULTIPLE HOSPITAL BILLS FOR A STAY THAT DIDN'T NEED TO HAPPEN

[​IMG]

• Like x 5
  6. Lazarae

Lazarae The tide pod of art

Bad news: My backup non-migraine sunglasses keep trying to escape my face. I have tried to tweak stuff to make them not, but they insist. The slightest motion downward, or turning my head too quickly, and they attempt flight.

Good news: They are badass. Also trying to keep my head straight without ducking or whipping around actually kind of has a positive effect. I can't really duck down or shy back without losing my shields, and my usual posture isn't straight enough to maintain a level face for long so I have to stop slouching too. If I mess up my gait too badly I lose them so I've got to keep the murderwalk going. So: back straight, murderwalk, level gaze, badass glasses. It does something for my confidence if I'm willing to drain spoons on it.

• Like x 6
  7. NuclearVampire

NuclearVampire The teeniest horrorterror

Bad: My sleep cycle is a mess and I'm sleeping during the day, which makes me feel depressed and unproductive.
    Good: But it's cool and nice, and I'm cuddled under blankets, and my bed feels really comfortable, and I'm that sort of sleepy that makes you feel all loose and relaxed and content.

• Like x 2
  8. glitterchance

glitterchance 34 Vigilant Gaze Engulfs the Void

Bad: I've been having vivid nightmares every night for the last three nights, every time I try to sleep.
    Good: Our kitten has been coming in at night to snuggle.

9. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

Bad: My teacher wasted an entire hour of a four hour class talking about his political opinions, including a bit about how Donald Trump is a shill put in place by some nebulous 'them' to split the republican party by being a wildly attractive candidate that takes attention away from less, uh, let's call it "bold" but more stable potential presidents.

Good: Some people had really interesting reactions. Like minimum wage slave on food stamps talking about how Donald Trump is the best candidate and poor people are sucking up all the wealth, and a good old southern boy ex-marine arguing with him about how terrorists aren't real Muslims. I think the plain sweetest dude in my class, the dude who shares silly internet videos and likes kids movies and is always there to help people with stuff they don't understand, he's a hardcore conspiracy theorist. People are so weird, it's fascinating. I think I really need to see this kind of stuff from time to time. It's easy over the internet to flatten and squish people into little boxes, and it's nice to get a reminder that that's not how it works.

• Like x 7
  10. Anomal(eee)

Anomal(eee) Grumblepunk Gremlin

Suck: Trying to be more available for people I care about and miss, getting sniped by people I don't have the spoons to deal with instead. Ugh. *grumpface*

Rule: I'm writing regularly again, and it's giving me ideas for projects I haven't touched in ages, and basically being creative is making me feel like a much more worthwhile human being. (Which is a strange thing to use as an indicator of value, maybe, but hey.)

• Like x 2
  11. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

Good: had an excellent day in Amsterdam today with my very good friend who I met for the first time today :D

Bad: my lower extremities are painful now after all the godawful running after trains I had to do. Ridiculous.

• Like x 1
  12. Nertbugs

Nertbugs Information Leafblower

Bad news: My beloved d&d character, who I've been playing for about two years, died on Sunday :( I'm hoping he can be resurrected, but at the moment he is decidedly deceased.

Good news: My blood test results came back normal! Well done for bouncing back, liver :)

• Like x 3
  13. Frizzycrls

Frizzycrls Frazzled Frizzy

Bad: Couldn't deal with the negativity and the stress of coworkers at my job so I had to put in my two weeks notice with no prospect of another job after. (still have no job now that the two weeks are up)

Good: As soon as I put in my two weeks notice, so much weight lifted from me that I started writing stories for the first time in 5 years.

• Like x 4
  14. budgie

budgie not actually a bird

bad: daily store pictures must be taken. daily store pictures must be posted on whatsapp. why the hell this helps no one i have actual work to do *endless screaming*

good: swiss customer seemed charmed that i attempted german with her and corrected my definite article usage.

15. chthonicfatigue

chthonicfatigue Bitten by a radioactive trickster god

Good news: I interviewed for a promotion on Saturday and got offered the position today.
    Bad news: Some colleagues whining about how it's 'not fair' I was allowed to interview for it because I'd previously done the job on another department. Probably going to cause some friction and I'll need to have it out with them. Oh joy.

• Like x 1
  16. Aviari

Aviari PartyWolf Is In The House Tonight

Good News: I also interviewed for a promotion.
    Bad News: Precisely the same as @hellfirelover :(

Schadenfreude: The chick who's putting up the worst stink and actually trash talking me to management is whining at the guy who has recommended me for the post for two solid months >:3

• Like x 2
  17. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

+ Got word to dad that I'm okay, just not yet in a state to talk
    - Have not gotten same word to mom, feel kinda guilty about it
    + Delicious samoa knock off cookies from Aldi's! Yum chocolate and coconut rings
    - Wrist hurts a little and I want to take a walk but it's cold and I don't have a destination in mind
    + I have an idea that I like for NaNoWriMo!
    - ...I'm considering actually doing NaNoWriMo...
    + Habitica is really turning out to be great for making and refining checklists of things that need to be done, and encouraging me to do them!
    - Except for the job stuff, which is still too big and scary to cope.

• Like x 1
  18. Lazarae

Lazarae The tide pod of art

Good news: in the past two weeks I've managed to become mostly diurnal. I sleep at night through the night and wake up before noon! No one knows how or why, but it's a thing and my family is very happy.

Bad news: I feel awful and endlessly tired. I wake up bleary with sandpaper eyelids and not even awake enough to remember that I have coffee. Right there. Right in front of me. And then it gets cold and I don't notice for another three hours. And I lose time WAY faster when I wake up early for some reason. So I wake up at 8, get coffee, [3 hr blank space], reheat coffee, [half-hour blank space], reheat coffee again, [1/2 to 4 hour blank], give up on coffee, stare at computer for unknown amount of time, sister comes home at ~4... wait it can't be past noon, can it? No it's definitely 4. WTF. Vague sense of time but awareness of it being evening until dinner, near full lucidity from ~7 to between 10 and midnight when I take my meds go to sleep. I'll take the utter lack of a schedule with my sleep back if I could be more aware than "vaguely dazed and confused" for longer than fifteen minutes. Fuck this djinni-wish bullshit.

• Like x 1
  19. budgie

budgie not actually a bird

bad news: anxietyyyyyy. anxiety about school, anxiety about gender, anxiety about anxiety.

good news: my boyo did some grunt work on my homework for me (calculating percentages) and left me a cute note in the middle of it.

• Like x 1
  20. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

Good news: Art and art and more art! Yay! I think Habitica is helping me keep track of basic life things, which frees up thinking for more complicated things. :D

Bad news: roomie's little crafting iron sucks, and can't get hot enough to melt the perler beads. So now 1/3 of the art I've been doing can't actually be finished yet, and is sitting precariously on my nightstand. I'll need to figure out a different storage place so they don't get messed up before I finally melt them.

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice