Badfic

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by wixbloom, Mar 9, 2015.

1. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

All of that writer's fics were apparently similar. Here's a comment from a rant on another of his:
    On another topic, anyone else see awful fics and want to write something similar, even if the premise is weird, just to see if it can be done? Spitefics are fun! (I recently wrote one where someone tries to get his creep on with Mariel Gullwhacker and she bites off important parts of him, as she would have done in certain fics were she in-character. I also suspect an in-character Gabool is smart enough to know that, so it wasn't him who did it in mine.)

Last edited: Apr 20, 2016
    • Like x 6
  2. So, I feel I should bring this up

http://fanficmaker.com/

Do you want to make your own terrible fics? To customize the characters, shipping, setting, and coherency? This site is pretty much the best thing ever.

• Like x 1
  3. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

...this is the most amazing thing. Screen Shot 2016-04-20 at 3.53.22 PM.png

• Like x 5
  4. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

I want this.

• Like x 1
  5. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, there was one which may amuse people; it got taken down about one day after it was put up, but for one brief shining moment there existed a fanfic which persisted in referring to the character Martin the Warrior as "Martian the Warrior". Spellcheck is not always your friend.

Also, is there anyone here who can see a supposedly-dramatic scene of a protagonist being confronted by authority figures over an illicit relationship and NOT think of the authority figure in question calling them "motherfukers" or "mediocre dunces"?

• Like x 12
  6. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

martian.png
    #fine art

• Like x 7
  7. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Aww! (I have yet to see a "Marvin the Warrior" but I'm sure it's out there or will be some time.)

Oh, oh! Anyone else know "Mobile Suit Gundam Tournament"? Or how about "The Last War"? I read that one back during the GamTer kismesis controversy, during which I saw many treatments of Terezi which reduced her competence to about the level of TLW's Hermione, and said that Homestuck should end with her and Karkat dancing in a diner to the Robot Unicorn Attack song.

• Like x 3
  8. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Should we start another thread for ridiculous fanfic quotes? I have a rich mine of those.

• Like x 2
  9. LadyNighteyes

I have yet to find anything that dethrones "'I will have to use stealth instead' said L and jumped in the broken window screaming" for the title of My Favorite Ridiculous Fanfic Line.

• Like x 8
  10. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Oh god, yes, that's beautiful. I submit for the competition of second place:
    -"Dandin licked slowly deeper, not surprised at the cleanliness of Mariel's anus, for she was the cleanest, most pure mousemaid he had ever known, in both body and spirit."
    -"Une stood behind Reccoa, pressing against her, and placed her hands on Stella’s ass. Stella placed her hands on Une’s ass. Une licked up the right side of Reccoa’s neck repeatedly. Stella finished the kiss. “Let’s turn around.” Stella took her hands off of Une’s ass. Une took her hands off of Stella’s ass. Stella and Reccoa turned 180 degrees."
    -The aforementioned "then he shot a beam from his paw which the rat teleported away from".
    -"Harry is Son of Power, High Lord of Zenth Mage, Heir of Shao LinWudanParaohRomeMongolian Emperor, and Super Warrior. He plays Voldemort, Dumbledore, fool ministery as his pawns. He will have relationships with girls."

BTW, speaking of ridiculous quotes, did anyone who read Of Warlords and Pleasures check out the writer's other fics? Pro tip, writers; the ending of a scene of gruesome sexual abuse is NOT the time for a Star Wars reference.

And amazingly enough, on the same website I recently found a writer who is worse.

• Like x 4
  11. LadyNighteyes

There's always the classic "Hitler had become a Super Saiyan!"

• Like x 6
  12. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Oh yes ^_^ Or ""WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING YOU MOTHERFUKERS!" It was (abnormally long string of dots) Dumbledore!"

• Like x 4
  13. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Something of a trend I've noticed in badfic involves horrible things happening in full view or otherwise with the full knowledge of a character who could do something about it, would do if they were in-character, and yet they don't for inadequately-explained reasons. Of Warlords and Pleasures had the supposed heroes fucking instead of trying to rescue the guy they could clearly hear being murdered, Shadow Rapes Matthias had the title event happening in front of half the Abbey and not one character did anything but gawp at it even though at least one of them was more than capable of doing so. The Last War has Harry in love with Hermione yet willing to go years without checking in on her when it's strongly hinted he knows she's in an abusive relationship. Infinite numbers of fanfics focus on the heroes' love/sex lives rather than the epic quests which should by rights still be in progress.

• Like x 5
  14. Starcrossedsky

Starcrossedsky Burn and Refine

Again, "Though, it was night, and it was crowded, hopefully no one would notice a man with two arms." remains my eternal personal favorite.

• Like x 5
  15. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

I'm not familiar with that one, did it make any more sense in context?

16. Starcrossedsky

Starcrossedsky Burn and Refine

only because context made it apparently tat the poster meant two PAIRS of arms

• Like x 7
  17. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

I wish people were better at balancing life and romance in writing. ;-;

• Like x 1
  18. LadyNighteyes

I suspect in fanfic a lot of it is people taking for granted that we know what they do most of the time because it was in canon, and they're in a hurry to get to the stuff that wasn't in canon (i.e., their OTP falling sappily in love and/or boning).

• Like x 4
  19. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Oh, does Sonichu count as a fanfic? I don't think a badfic thread would be complete without it if it does.

• Like x 4
  20. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap Well-Known Member

People still discuss a potential Sonichu PPC mission once in a while on the Board. There was a webcomic mission a while ago (How I Became Yours), but the mission itself was text.

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice