Badfic

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by wixbloom, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Starcrossedsky

Starcrossedsky Burn and Refine

whut.

• Like x 2
  2. Morven

Morven In darkness be the sound and light

That was clearly what my life needed right now because I am chuckling like a loon.

• Like x 1
  3. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

if you're curious, it's from a fairly oddparents fanfic in which anti-cosmo (cosmo's anti-fairy counterpart) is cosmo's brother, who is really named "cosmic" (could not make this up, guys!), and he has been turned evil (a.k.a into an anti-fairy) by some process known as "megalomaniumizing." and if you search up the phrase, you are guaranteed to find the fic.

4. unknownanonymous

• Like x 2
  5. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

I am incredibly interested if that is Lily Potter née Evans or some other 'Lily' because from what I remember of Harry's Mom in the books she is about the absolute opposite of a weirdo airhead who would narrate out loud what she was about to do?

6. Parsley

Parsley High in Vitamin K

I didn't see this one posted yet. 14 chapters of glorious probably-satire about how Hagrid kidnaps Harry and takes him to Hogwarts School of Prayer and Miracles: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10644439/1/Hogwarts-School-of-Prayer-and-Miracles

Here are a couple quotes to give you an idea of what you're in for.

From Chapter 2:

From Chapter 6:

• Like x 5
  7. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

@Parsley that's gotta be intentional
    right?
    right?

8. Elaienar

Elaienar "sorta spooky"

I ... can't tell if I'm horrified or awestruck. What's with all the adjective, adjective noun-ing? It started in the second paragraph and now I can't stop noticing it and noticing when the author deviates. (Am currently losing my mind over whether "blue jeans" lacks one adjective or two. Are they blue jeans or jeans that are blue?)

• Like x 1
  9. Parsley

@IvyLB: The last chapter makes me think it is, but it's very worth a read either way--it's painfully hilarious and a pretty quick read. My boyfriend and I got into a routine where I'd read each new chapter aloud to him when they were still coming out.

I could rant about this fic for hours and I would probably spoil all of the funniest parts if I let myself do so. Seriously, go read it. It's terrible and great.

@Elaienar: The writing is all kinds of messed up, but that's part of the fun for me. I liked Half Life: Full Life Consequences for the same reason:

• Like x 4
  10. wixbloom

wixbloom artcute

@Parsley I am laughing SO HARD at that video holy fuuuuuuck

11. Parsley

@wixbloom: I think there are three videos total in that series. It was one of my favorite bad fics in high school. "The pants were dead," is still my favorite line.

• Like x 1
  12. Parsley

I was looking for the other videos so I could share them too and found that there were five, not three, total.

^ This one is new to me. I watched it to make sure it was worth adding. It is.

^ This one is also new to me. Oh my gosh, now I finally understand what was going on in the final video.

Edit: Wait, this was where I got "teleportaled" from?!

Last edited: Apr 14, 2015
    • Like x 5
  13. unknownanonymous

it's lily potter nee evans, unfortunately

14. unknownanonymous

were they actually trying to give their kids dirty names or they just happen upon those two by accident? jesus...

noop noop

• Like x 4
  15. unknownanonymous

i have a feeling that this was not meant to be as dirty as it sounds

personally, i'm cheering for the Double Norms

16. pixels

pixels hiatus / only back to vent

how has no one mentioned Agony in Pink yet

(do not google, do not read, it is about the pink power ranger being systematically mutilated in every conceivable way with prose that lets you know the author only had one hand on the keyboard, nahmean)

• Like x 1
  17. sicknastyspades

sicknastyspades Most Rad.

Ah, Agony in Pink. That was such a weird childhood experience.

18. unknownanonymous

• Like x 1
  19. Starcrossedsky

Starcrossedsky Burn and Refine

Single-quotes often indicates thoughts in the fic of authors who don't realize that that's what italics are for, fyi.

That said, could also be Harry's daughter, That Epilogue names her as Lily Luna.

20. unknownanonymous

@Starcrossedsky the fic was written before the deathly hallows and it explicitly said that it was about lily potter nee evans, so yeah... it's not lily luna.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice