Badfic

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by wixbloom, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

I'd argue that being terribly written is a far greater sin than being a creepy messed-up fetish fic, myself.

...Although needing dozens of chapters to write about your fetishes also seems odd. Like, vary it up a little, would ya? Maybe apply your fetishes to different scenarios every now and then?

• Like x 3
  2. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

Well, it does sound from those tags like they've got an amazing variety of weird fetishes they're exploring. Possibly they couldn't fit all of them in less. :::PPP

• Like x 3
  3. strictly quadrilateral

strictly quadrilateral alive, alive, alive!

Roy Orbison is completely wrapped in clingfilm!

• Like x 9
  4. Acey

Okay, but the clingfics are fucking classics and I will never be convinced otherwise.

• Like x 4
  5. strictly quadrilateral

I would never claim they arent

• Like x 1
  6. mustelid

mustelid encounter me in the trench

The clingfics are works of art and how dare you compare them to the likes of Breed.

• Like x 1
  7. strictly quadrilateral

Idk what you're talking about, I wasn't paying attention and then I saw an opportunity to bring up the clingfics

8. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

Oh man! That fic. I read that once out of morbid curiosity. More on acounta the whole thing where the Scout isn't like a character, more like a breed of people? It's weird. Is that just something the TF2 fandom does? ANyway, couldn't get through a chapter. Reads like something that's less interested in being a proper story than detailing a scenario the author has in their head.

• Like x 2
  9. Acey

So I found this guy...

Fair warning, everything is over-the-top squicky. (He's been compared to ComicsNix, to give you some idea.)

10. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Oh man, this is my fucking JAM, baby! I don't know if anyone here remembers the Protectors of the Plot Continuum but I was a very active member in my teens. I don't do it anymore but will never stop talking about the terrifying and/or hilarious fics I encountered. Anyone else here heard of Ultamite Nineball? I'm basically in love with his writing.

• Like x 3
  11. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

I sure as hell remember that, it was most of my middle school/begining of high school experience
    his writing is friggin hilarious, I can remember reading some great sporkings of it.

12. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap Well-Known Member

The PPC is mentioned every two pages or so here. :P

• Like x 2
  13. mustelid

mustelid encounter me in the trench

Please tell me Thirty Hs has already been mentioned here

• Like x 5
  14. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

*would totally have tried to write missions for whatever that department is that deals with really OP Sues if it wasn't for all the stuff you have to do to apply for permission*

• Like x 1
  15. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap Well-Known Member

Same here. Though I think someone here has permission...?

16. emythos

saaaaaame. I have so many agent ideas, and no motivation to put in the effort to get permission.

17. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

I don't think I'm ever going to stop laughing at the completely matter-of-fact tone of "then he shot a beam from his paw which the rat teleported away from" thrown in after three chapters of no indication of magic at all.

• Like x 2
  18. emythos

it's like he just forgot there wasn't any.

19. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Oh; I think my PPC Permission Giver status may still be functional but I haven't been on the board in about three years so don't take my word for it. I went by Laburnum over there.

Speaking of, I'm also the one who sporked a bunch of nightmare fuel Rule 34 which is just kind of funny to me now. I felt bad about having done so recently because I've written stuff with subject matter that is a lot worse, so I went back and glanced at it, and nope, still bad even when one takes out all the squicks. It featured such wonderful things as two characters having their names switched around; rape being bad when some characters did it but not others with no apparent pattern of author favouritism or character attractiveness (rape by hot evil king = bad but rape by equally evil giant venomous lizard = good?); copy-pasting of chunks of text with the names changed from the author's origfic; orifices accommodating things bigger than their owners were with no explanation; and the thirteen-year-old supposed messiah figure and his girlfriend thinking that the appropriate response to hearing someone getting killed horribly was to start having sex in the open on top of the outer wall of a besieged building.

• Like x 5
  20. emythos

@ChelG I was guessing you were Laburnum, but didn't wanna say anything if I was wrong. I read pretty much all of your stuff.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice