Badfic

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by wixbloom, Mar 9, 2015.

1. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

@emythos Yes! A fan! Aaahh, the joy ^_^ I've gone through a couple username changes since then, but Despite Everything It's Still Me. I wonder what my teen self would have said if she knew I was going to get so firmly into things the Disturbing Acts of Violence Department would want a look at. Then again, even then I could recognise semi-decent handling of it.

• Like x 3
  2. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

Yeah, I think That Series is pretty objectively awful even without kinkshaming.

3. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

@ChelG I ran across your tumblr (via seebs and also reprise/hivefled) and was immediately like "is it her? wait, seriously??? *sudden ppc flashbacks*" Your missions were some of my favorites.
    I agree with this.

4. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

These days I just find it confusing. Remember the bit where Sawney's motives do a complete 180 mid-fic with no explanation and the scene which the reader was led to believe was a wedding was totally forgotten about? I'm not sure I have the moral high ground over the spear incident anymore, given my involvement in Hivefledverse and the time I wrote Equius in a "Screaming Barrel" takeoff. (Horror comic on Furaffinity; it's gross.) At least everything in mine was approaching physically possible, though...

• Like x 2
  5. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

As long as it's close to physically possible/has an excuse if it isn't, you've still got the high ground.

6. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

I thought this was a thread for bad fanfiction.

• Like x 4
  7. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap Well-Known Member

You're Laburnum? (aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa)
    Holy shit. I've got to say that your missions were my favorite (until Iximaz showed up :P) even though I don't know much about your fandoms. Seriously, you're awesome. But Jack still sucks tho
    So, that makes at least two people with Permission here (you and... KarrinBlue/firemagic, I think?). Of all places...

• Like x 1
  8. LadyNighteyes

How about the part where the fic writer decided to misspell the author's name because they thought it looked cooler with a Y? (I don't remember if that was in one of yours, but it was one of the Weird Highlights of That Series in my mind. :::PPP )

Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
    • Like x 2
  9. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Oh god, yes, that bit... I don't recall any other writer ever declaring that the canon's author somehow did his own name wrong. She's not the only weird Rule 34 writer in the fandom, worryingly enough. Remember "Shadow Rapes Matthias"? About the best thing I could ever say about that one is it delivered what it promised.

Much more recently I encountered a case where a character used the term "utter cow-skite" in the middle of a massive serious argument (no petulant foot-stamp but it sounds like there should have been one) and then two sentences later in the same argument casually dropped the word "fuck". This would have been hilarious even if the character doing so wasn't Martin the Warrior, who I can't picture saying either of those things.

• Like x 6
  10. Acey

...I'm probably gonna regret asking this, but what's The Series?

• Like x 2
  11. palindromordnilap

• Like x 1
  12. Acey

jesus fucking christ

• Like x 3
  13. palindromordnilap

... Which isn't something I'd like to read either.

• Like x 3
  14. Acey

Wouldn't that just be masturbation, though?

• Like x 2
  15. palindromordnilap

Number of times this joke on selfcest has been made: [ERROR]

• Like x 9
  16. palindromordnilap

Also, there are so many current PPCers I'd like to recommend Kintsugi to, but :/

• Like x 1
  17. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Same fandom taught me this year not to comment online while laid up with a fever. I found a fic which was not bad in execution but shall we say extremely niche in its audience and thought it was a good idea to tell its author I thought it should be entitled "Clogg Mows the Lawn". Explaining that to a stranger is never gonna turn out well. (Clogg wasn't even in the damn thing, much to my eternal gratitude.)

• Like x 6
  18. LadyNighteyes

It's probably a bad thing that that may tell me quite a bit about the subject matter of the fic.

• Like x 1
  19. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Yeah, pretty much. I don't know why I read stuff with the subject matter in question because it always ends up making me throw up a little... Partly to see if I still blanch at it, which I know is a really unhealthy habit, but sometimes it's amusingly bad a la the original CMTL, and on at least one occasion it's given me ideas for a horror fic with entirely different bodily substances replacing the ones in the original.

Speaking of terrible things I sporked, anyone remember For Your Eyes Only? The really sad thing about that one is it would totally hit my current kinks if a) the keeping of sapient pets was portrayed as a bad thing, b) there was a lot less underage, and c) anyone was even remotely in-character.

• Like x 4
  20. palindromordnilap

Yeah, why even pick Naruto of all things for that fic.

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice