bandit king of lunch and string

Discussion in 'Your Bijou Blogette' started by jacktrash, Dec 16, 2018.

1. Morgan Jae

Morgan Jae pecure. sontain. crotect.

paul blart: zombie mallcopalypse

• Winner x 3
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  2. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

I for one would absolutely watch that.

• Agree x 4
  3. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

I wanted to play ddadds so I could read the fanfiction, but it couldn't hold my interest past the first date

imo malls are one of the best settings for a zombie apocalypse no matter who the protagonist is

• Agree x 3
  4. witchknights

witchknights Bold Enchanter Defends The Fearful

Malls are a prime location for most of anything horror IMHO. You can shove even some garden variety cosmic horror in a mall and it gets extra creepy

• Agree x 3
  5. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

and it's a great setting for mood whiplash humor, too. a zombie movie that isn't funny is a waste of film imo.

• Agree x 3
  6. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

I'd watch it.

• Agree x 1
  7. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

ngl even tho it's not technically a mall, my first thought was
    bored IKEA employee voice over the radio system: "There's an unfortunate mass of sanity bending nonsense and tentacles loose in the ballpit, Cthulu's parents, please come to the children's playground area, Cthulu would like to get picked up now."

• Winner x 13
    • Like x 1
  8. jacktrash

https://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/227hzo/hikers_and_backpackers_of_reddit_what_is_the/

spooky wooky tales from the backwoods, courtesy of luka. some good scares in here. also a lot of very ordinary crap that people got disproportionately freaked out by. i have a know-it-all douche urge to go through and explain them all. "of course the pine plantation was silent and empty of wildlife, you walnut, it's a monoculture of a non-food crop, there's nothing for the animals to live on!"

probably not my most lovable personality trait.

still. for crying out loud. if you're hiking in wolf country and you find deer bones, it's not even worth a photo unless they're unusually aesthetic. it's certainly not satanists or serial kilers. and what do you mean, "i can't imagine what a child was doing out there barefoot," you just said you yourself were eight and it was a muddy swamp. obviously not hard for kids to get to, and the spookyooky forest spirit that left that spookyooky footprint probably took his shoes off so they wouldn't slosh and stink for a week afterwards. in fact, everyone who was so amazed to see evidence of humanity out in the backwoods -- you were there to see it, smart guy, obviously people go there! *shakes head continuously for a year*

• Like x 5
    • Agree x 1
  9. jacktrash

the more i think about it, the more i suspect some city folk assume anywhere they can't see a building is the absolute wilds of beyond, and the idea that you might be in somebody's back 40 -- and that that person is not a livestock-raping hillbilly, but an ordinary person with ordinary reasons to be in the woods, such as "it's a nice night and i'm going to go look at the stars" -- is just inconcievable to them.

i used to go walking in an abandoned pine plantation a lot as a kid. it was a couple miles from my house, in the middle of an area of overgrown newish-growth forest that had been logged and then farmed and then left to its own devices since maybe the 1930's -- some big ass maples but still mostly brushwood and raspberry bramble, absolutely impenetrable aside from some trodden paths. the paths were reasonably well traveled, from the look of them; i was always picking up candy wrappers and beer cans to throw away. the pine plantation, not so much. i dunno if it was a christmas tree farm or if it was for telephone poles or what, but there was about a half dozen square miles of huge pines in perfectly straight rows, the ground thickly carpeted with fallen needles, and the only undergrowth was big ferns and a strip of tall grass and honeysuckle and nightshade vines between each row where a little light reached the ground. the pines were too close together for any other trees to sprout.

it was absolutely silent. i loved that about it. i could barely hear my own footsteps, with how thick the pine needles were on the ground. i'd roam around pretending i was an adventurer in a fantasy world, or sit and read a book, or climb up one of the trees far enough that i could feel it sway with the wind and let it lull me into a peaceful daze.

i can imagine the reaction of someone who's seen more horror movies than nature documentaries, venturing timorously into this new and scary 'outdoors' thing, if they caught sight of some genderless person of indeterminate age (i was tall for my age right up until i wasn't) with long shaggy red hair, wearing ragged clothes (i was grunge before grunge was a thing, and also treated my clothes like crap), carrying no supplies (i had a water bottle and a paperback book in my coat pockets, most likely, but they couldn't see that), whose footsteps made absolutely no sound (hunting boots on pine needles), and who gave them the briefest stare from sunken eyes in a bone white face (chronic insomnia and i don't tan) before vanishing without a trace (because i knew the place really well and did not want to interact with strangers).

yeah, i probably scared the crap out of a bunch of young couples looking for someplace to schmang. but i just wanted to read in a tree. i hardly even thought about murdering them at all.

• Like x 8
    • Winner x 5
  10. witchknights

witchknights Bold Enchanter Defends The Fearful

Can confirm this part at least. Born and bred city slicker and today my family had lunch at the restaurant of this little pay-for-fishing little ranch thingie. There was maybe ten meters of trees and a little creek separating the fishing lakes from the rest of the tilapia farm and 60km of soy plantation in every direction, and i still felt like Coyote Peterson, braving the wilderness.

Joking aside, that little pine farm sounds absolutely lovely and really, really fun to explore.

• Agree x 3
    • Like x 1
  11. jacktrash

aud has provided me with the picture i'm going to use every time i try to convince someone to move to northfield <3

• Winner x 8
    • Informative x 3
  12. jacktrash

• Witnessed x 14
    • Winner x 3
    • Informative x 3
    • Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
  13. OtherCat

OtherCat a being of mysterious happenstance

Move to Northfield he says. It's awesome here, he says. (I miss the snow, but I'm not sure I miss the snow THAT MUCH.)

• Agree x 3
    • Like x 1
  14. jacktrash

i'm worried about my greenhouse plants. i haven't been able to get into the dome to take care of them for way too long. i'm afraid they're all dead now. :(

• Witnessed x 6
  15. Lizardlicks

Lizardlicks Friendly Neighborhood Lizard

Can barb check up on them or is it completely cut off and snowed in?

16. jacktrash

how did i end up on this page? impressive tho

• Winner x 2
  17. jacktrash

it needs shoveled, but it'd probably stay shoveled now. problem is seebs tried to dig a path, but by the time they got to the end the beginning was already drifted over.

i miss my water exercises so bad. it's been months since i've gotten the weight off my spine. ;_;

• Witnessed x 7
  18. jacktrash

try guys even more adorable since they left buzzfeed. and a LOT more into queer culture. i don't think eugene ever outright mentioned being bisexual when they were with buzzfeed, and since they've been independent, every other episode they're in a gay bar or talking about queer history. i begin to suspect i know why they left buzzfeed.

i think eugene's the only queer one, but i gotta say i have a great fondness for straight guys that are genuinely flattered when a queer guy (politely) hits on them. i mean look at zach's face when he says a guy who liked his crop top was chatting him up. he honestly took it as a compliment and enjoyed the validation. i love that.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2019
    • Agree x 7
    • Winner x 4
  19. jacktrash

all my mobile games are like "yay it's spring! time for spring events! flowers errwher!"

meanwhile in minnesota

Screen Shot 2019-03-03 at 10.56.27 AM.png

• Witnessed x 4
    • Agree x 3
  20. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

if it helps, spring has not yet sprung here in california either (the weather has not and will not get to the frankly horrifying degree you guys have been getting, but we’re actually at the point where we DON’T need more rain and we’ve been having floods and there’s a risk of mudslides, so...that’s suboptimal. but at least we’re not getting as much bullshit as you, hardcore witnessed there)

so...mood kinda but def not to the same extent as you :P

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice