bandit king of lunch and string

Discussion in 'Your Bijou Blogette' started by jacktrash, Dec 16, 2018.

1. Re Allyssa

Re Allyssa Sylph of Heart

In terms of educational games, I remember finding the jumpstart games really, really fun. I also remember wanting to play all of them but aging out of the grades before getting the game, so I think I only played one or two...

But then I was also the child that forced my kindergarten teacher to give me homework when I was going to be out for a week, so ymmv ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like x 1
  2. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

The kids' educational games I remember fondly were the ClueFinders. :::PPP Including being extremely freaked out by a lot of the plot of 5th Grade Adventures.

• Agree x 2
  3. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

i mean, i practice hiragana in duolingo just to relax, so i'm with you on that. i just wouldn't consider it a game, you know?

• Agree x 1
  4. jacktrash

a filling fell out of my molar years ago, and it didn't hurt so i just let it be. it was kinda weird having a hole, but dentistry is sensory hell and also not very spine friendly, and i avoid it a lot. my teeth have always been awful. they're chalky and weak. plus dentists always judge you.

it just recently started hurting tho, so dentistry can't be avoided. it's as if the gods considered my resolve to schedule my swimtimes hubris and acted to disrupt it.

• Witnessed x 12
  5. jacktrash

ok, i apparently need external verification on this: is toothache reason enough to skip my swims today? it's not like not swimming will make my tooth hurt any less. but i just really don't wanna do stuff.

• Witnessed x 3
  6. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

if a thing is hurting you will probably have less energy/spoons to put up with other things, even good things. skip those swims if you don't wanna swims.

• Agree x 10
    • Useful x 1
  7. jacktrash

i have a few oxycodone left over from my surgery two years ago, and last night i took one so i could get a good night's sleep -- or like any sleep at all -- before my dentist appointment today. result: i dreamed a very intense and vivid game of blocks with minecraft crops for 3 hours, half waking to toss and turn a dozen or so times, and now i'm awake again. trying to decide if it's worth it to take another one, or if i should just ride it out. i'm so damn tiiiiired. but i hate hate hate opiates. they make me feel like i'm dissociating, and also catastrophically dehydrated or have horribly low blood sugar or heat stroke or something. floaty and vertiginous and on the verge of queasy. that's why i still have those after two years of spine pain -- anything where nsaids can at least take the edge off, the pain's better than the 'piloting a faulty robot jesse while poisoned' feeling.

but of course nsaids don't do crap about a toothache. i think i've got two oxy left. i could be floaty and painless all the way to my appointment. and i probably would, if i could sleep through it. but nooOOOooo, the gods are ticked off at me for some reason and won't let me have that. bah.

• Witnessed x 9
    • Agree x 1
  8. Lizardlicks

Lizardlicks Friendly Neighborhood Lizard

Oh god strong agree. Opiates are terrible.

• Agree x 3
  9. jacktrash

i traded a tooth for some ice cream!

local dentist said i either need a root canal and a bunch of rebuilding, or to just have the damn thing removed. i said pull it. he showed it to the tooth pully guy on site and he said nope, root too deep and curved, need a dental surgeon. so they called around and found me an opening, and we booked it to lakeville, where i was immediately seen by an appallingly hot indian surgeon, who kept telling me i was doing great as he wrestled the monster out of my jaw. it was really, really, really, REALLY painful, even with lidocaine and laughing gas. but even though it seemed to take an eternity, it was actually less than the length of a song (soft rock distorted by nitrous oxide is a very weird experience) and then he was packing the gauze in the hole and shaking my hand.

and then the assistant asked if i wanted ice cream.

i managed to indicate HELL FUCKING YES with my numb face full of bloody gauze, and was given a half pint of raspberry sherbet for the drive home. i only had a couple bites of it, but it soothed my throat and made everything not taste like blood and lidocaine anymore. so that was a pretty good idea.

now i have a missing tooth like a big redneck, but that thing looked like the unfinished death star anyhow. good riddance.

life is now soft foods, minecraft, and naps for the next few days.

• Winner x 21
  10. jacktrash

tooth site feels pretty ok today, but i woke up with a weirdly localized and intense sore throat. concerned that maybe i should not go swim, in case it's strep. but doesn't strep have other symptoms? and i am on antibiotics. ugggh meatsack can u not

• Witnessed x 3
  11. jacktrash

oh wait, here come the rest of the symptoms. good thing i waited, it would've been awkward if this happened while i was in the pool.

• Witnessed x 13
  12. jacktrash

all over the strep or whatever that was, last day of antibiotics, never needed the painkillers again, feeling surprisingly well. tomorrow i'll get back on my swim schedule. the important thing is to keep going back, no matter how many times i get knocked off course.

random thought: i don't think i've eaten regular healthy meals since i left my parents' house. like, not for even several consecutive days.

• Like x 5
  13. jacktrash

my tooth hole is healed up and i can eat normally again! FRENCH FRIES ARE SO AMAZING

• Winner x 9
  14. jacktrash

Screen Shot 2019-03-26 at 6.58.32 PM.png

and the ground's still frozen lol

• Witnessed x 4
  15. Lizardlicks

Lizardlicks Friendly Neighborhood Lizard

Not for long with almost 70's sun and a breeze.

16. jacktrash

you would think so, but in actual fact i have tried to turn over the compost after a week of highs in the 70's and found it still frozen to the yard every year since i moved to northfield.

no matter how warm it gets some march afternoons, you can't plant shit until mid april at the earliest. minnesota!

• Witnessed x 3
  17. jacktrash

cat, if you insist on staying in the bathroom while i poop, you don't get to demand to be let out while i'm in the middle of things. you're stuck there for the whole process. you're smart enough to figure out that you can't attack my hand through the screen door, why can't you get hold of this concept in particular?

• Agree x 7
    • Witnessed x 1
  18. Mercury

Mercury Well-Known Member

why are cats like this

• Agree x 13
    • Like x 1
  19. jacktrash

i just came in from swimming and seebs handed me fish n chips from my fave local place, and said the delivery guy left 30 secs ago. sometimes life is good that way.

i once saw someone grumbling about how americans 'haven't caught on' to putting vinegar on fish and chips. dude. lemons are better. and florida is basically made of lemons. lemons are so cheap.

this shitpost paid for by the international lemon for lemons. lemon!

• Winner x 9
  20. jacktrash

speaking of which, how cute is this

[​IMG]

• Winner x 11
    • Agree x 4
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice