bandit king of lunch and string

Discussion in 'Your Bijou Blogette' started by jacktrash, Dec 16, 2018.

1. Lizardlicks

Lizardlicks Friendly Neighborhood Lizard

Oh god the sutures were the worst part of getting my wisdom teeth out. The surgery sight didn't hurt, but the fucking stitches were sensory mouth hell.

• Agree x 3
    • Witnessed x 2
  2. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

had a nap and didn't dream about anything but mobile games. feeling much better. my mouth tastes like disinfectant, but that's better than blood. i think the weekly Some Nakama Come Over And Sit Around With Their Computers gathering (which is called War Dollies for historical reasons) is going to bring me tokyo grill. i can totally eat agedashi tofu and fried rice. no sharp edges!

• Like x 7
    • Winner x 2
  3. Lazarae

Lazarae The tide pod of art

Would you mind explaining the history behind War Dollies? I am a curious.

4. jacktrash

initially seebs, lory, and some non-nakama people got together monday nights to play warhammer. or more usually, to paint minis and shoot the shit. we called this 'war dollies' bc seebs was more interested in designing bizarre fashion statements for their armies than anything else.

gradually, between folks moving away and folks mostly losing interest in their expensive army painting hobby, it morphed into a social thing based around ordering takeout. folks bring their laptops and inflict memes on each other mostly.

but we still call it war dollies.

• Winner x 13
    • Like x 2
  5. jacktrash

i was able to eat arby's by chewing v carefully on the right side of my mouth only. the gap there made it tricky tho, and also i chomped my tongue once.

that suture is still hanging in there. my god. come out already. i'm clawing the walls.

i wonder what it costs to have all your teeth replaced with implants. seebs knows a guy who did it. i'm so jealous.

edit: after a brief google expedition, it appears to cost as much as a new car. insurance won't help with it, either. guess i get to just keep losing my teeth one at a time until i have a face like an asshole.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2019
    • Witnessed x 3
  6. Re Allyssa

Re Allyssa Sylph of Heart

I've had many a tooth pulled. Thankfully they only ever pulled from one side at a time.

Unfortunately, I think I'm mostly still only chewing on the good side from the last time I had dental work some 7-8 years ago lol

Basically witnessed D:

• Witnessed x 1
  7. jacktrash

do you still have the gaps, or do you have implants, or what? i'm only 46, i don't want dentures. ;_;

8. jacktrash

all the fiction tropes about evil robots taking over can just go home. turns out, the shape of the future is robots doing their best and humans going AWWW and wanting to hug them.

• Agree x 9
  9. Re Allyssa

They were baby teeth because even my body refused to grow up! :P got my last baby tooth out days before my 18th birthday which I am stupidly proud about lol

Some of the adult ones were already in, or just needed the room to grow.

I do have one gap bc they pulled the tooth, but the adult one is pretty much sideways. They were trying to bring it down with braces, but I didn't want to give them the time for that, so I got the braces removed before that got fixed.

I need to have surgery to just get the tooth removed. I've already decided the gap doesn't bother me. It only hurts to chew there bc the adult tooth is being weird.

Edit: so to answer your question, the one gap? XD It's one of my canines that's missing

Last edited: Apr 30, 2019
    • Witnessed x 1
  10. jacktrash

i have one baby tooth because the adult tooth never grew. i also have two teeth that are in front of the line, one of which is sideways. the top row are spaced too far apart, the bottom row are crammed too close together. we thought we could maybe use that to fill in the gaps by spreading out the bottom row with orthodontics, but now that i've had two molars removed on the left i'm not sure it's still any use. also, if i can't stand one suture in my mouth, how will i handle years of orthodontic devices?

i'm v worried about this, in case it wasn't obvious. i'm so overloaded i can't write. which means i'm just a houseplant these days.

• Witnessed x 4
  11. Re Allyssa

Our overload issues are very probably different, but the braces weren't that bad after I got used to them? I am like hyper aware of everything in my mouth, so it was hell at first.

The worst part was the metal digging into my lips and checks. Using wax to smooth out the edges helped a lot, but it was also a huge pain. I used so much of that stuff. With time it got better, and the better dentist types would fix the places that were huge problems.

The other issue was that I had to have some wires on the inside because my teeth are, like, really weird and the cement they used to get the wire in place wasn't smoothed down properly like the ready so it was really annoying.

Oh I'm sorry I lied. The WORST part was making the plaster mold. I was like 16 and they had to practically hold me down because the sensory NOPE of that goo. (It was so bad ;-; I can almost taste it right now). I only had to do that the once tho.

After a year or so (once they weren't being adjusted as often) they were just there. I knew how they fit into my mouth and how to work around them. I never changed my eating habits, except for maybe biting into apples (which I still avoid on reflex).

Tightenings didn't hurt that much imo, just made me sore for a day or two then I got over it.
    (I've recently discovered that I actually hhad a Very High pain tolerance compared to most people. But then, I think most people with chronic pain would).

That whole experience was really traumatizing to me, but for like, other reasons. It probably wouldn't have been so bad if I had dentists willing to listen to me as a person, and I was the one deciding to get them. My experience also probably wasn't done correctly tbh.

I like the result of most of my teeth being straight and even. Makes then easier to clean. I say most because one of the brackets broke a few months before I got them taken off so that tooth is twisted now. Also I didn't use a retainer as a form of protest.

Well, you didn't explicitly ask for all that but oh well xD

• Witnessed x 2
    • Informative x 1
  12. idiomie

idiomie I, A Shark Apologist

honestly, braces were actually way more tolerable for me than retainers. like re said, getting them in and the first few weeks of adjustment sucked, but i was actually really lucky with my orthodontist - he was a family friend who had known me and my family for years, and was also friends with dentist i'd had for basically my entire dental history, and so he was very familiar with my sensory nopes and very accommodating of them. once the braces were in, it took like three months, but eventually i just stopped really noticing they were there

retainers on the other hand are hell, and i always always always spit them out in the middle of the night, no matter how "well fitted" or "tightened" they'd been

caveat tho that most of my noping around dental care is someone being in my mouth out of my control - generally, as long as i have a dentist or orthodontist willing to chat at me and describe in explicit, exacting detail what they're doing, why they're doing it, and what they're about to do next, i find dental care tolerable - and less of an issue around specific sensory problems

• Agree x 1
  13. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

As much as I hate having only bad news: ymmv. I never got used to the metal bits or the tightening, it was basically just a few weeks of agony for me.

• Witnessed x 5
  14. jacktrash

apparently there's a new device being developed that i might be able to get, which is a smooth plastic whatsit that fits over your teeth closely, but it's removable. so you can take it out to eat, for instance. i have a consultation scheduled to find out if i could maybe tolerate that. idk if my insurance would cover it, though.

thanks for sharing your experiences, y'all. i was already p sure that braces were a no go, but now i'm sure. i don't have high hopes for the plastic whatsit, but it sounds better than braces.

• Like x 4
    • Agree x 1
  15. jacktrash

i should not have eaten pizza yesterday. now my tooth hole hurts again.

i ate buttered rice for dinner. i do not feel awesome.

• Witnessed x 11
  16. jacktrash

yay, my tooth hole is not infected after all!

it was becoming Bad so seebs called the dentist and they said to go in immediately, so i had to go to lakeville before i was entirely awake and get poked at. but it turns out there was just a piece of food stuck in there. he flushed it out and it started feeling better within 10 minutes.

all i had for breakfast was a glass of vitamin shake. i need to eat something, i'm ravenous, but i know trying to cook is going to hurt, and i just. don't feel emotionally strong enough to inflict pain on myself right now. i'm so worn out, idek if i want to play minecraft. my brain just wants to Not Do. i just want to Not Hurt. so i can't make myself go downstairs. but being hungry is also unpleasant. and of course all my comfort food is too chewy even if i did have the gumption to go make some.

i guess skettios would be ok. i bet seebs would make me skettios if i asked. but they are very busy today, so i'll feel bad for asking. is the badfeels of asking worse than the badfeels of doing Stairs and Standing Up? who knows. who knows man. not me.

what i really want is a vacation from biology. how much to rent a robot body for a week.

• Witnessed x 13
    • Agree x 2
  17. jacktrash

i'm back on solid food, pray for me.

in other "jesse's body is a dumpster fire" news, i'm now off my pain meds for 3 days, in preparation for having my spine stabbed with a great big needle again. gotta do this every 6 months, it's like a fun little holiday.

• Witnessed x 13
  18. jacktrash

when barb was feeding keith and the bugs today, molly came up and was like HEY SOMEONES ON THE FLOOR THIS IS A GREAT TIME FOR PETS and pointedly flopped down. barb provided. the purring was earth-shakingly loud. and i, like a fool, left my phone by the bed and was unable to film it. you'll just have to take my word for it: molly feels GREAT today and she wants to share her joy with the world.

• Winner x 14
  19. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

what a good meowcat molly is <3

• Agree x 6
  20. theprettiestboy

theprettiestboy wombatman

i love mollycat

• Agree x 7
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice