bandit king of lunch and string

Discussion in 'Your Bijou Blogette' started by jacktrash, Dec 16, 2018.

1. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

• Winner x 7
    • Agree x 1
  2. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

• Agree x 6
    • Like x 1
  3. jacktrash

when will bath & body works make my favorite smells into candles?
    • happy cat
    • earl grey tea
    • severe thunderstorm
    • seebs's hair
    • dirt

• Winner x 9
    • Agree x 3
    • Like x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Witnessed x 1
  4. jacktrash

me: aw hermes, are you done with your nap? come watch tv with me!
    hermes: *hucka hucka hucka*
    me: oh no
    hermes: *hucka hucka BLORCH*
    me: go watch tv with seebs

• Witnessed x 17
    • Agree x 1
  5. Kodachi

Kodachi Well-Known Member

Not happy cat smell.

• Agree x 4
  6. rainbowbarnacle

rainbowbarnacle Cat Aggrandizer

hey jesse hey jesse could you tell me what a happy cat smells like

if it's a describable smell anyway i know some are kind of weird and wordless

OuO

• Agree x 1
  7. jacktrash

it is hard to describe, but i'd say... dusty, sunshiny, with just a hint of healthy animal, and a little bit warm tree leaves. kind of a sunny backyard smell, but with animal.

• Agree x 6
    • Like x 4
  8. jacktrash

there are few things in life as nice as pool sex during a thunderstorm <3

• Winner x 7
  9. fractalLettuce

fractalLettuce a disaster cabbage

dear sir, thank u for your recommendation of just get many insulated water cups and profit. it is already proving useful for adhd in sight in mind proof of drinkage.

• Winner x 3
    • Agree x 2
  10. jacktrash

i’m alive, i’m just mostly lying on my stomach

• Witnessed x 4
    • Like x 1
  11. jacktrash

important seebs fact: they give the best feet squishes of anyone. very clever hands.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
    • Winner x 4
  12. jacktrash

poop time is my least favorite time of day during a spinal cyst flare, but ‘seebs and barb are playing video games and i’m stuck in bed’ runs a close second. :(

(not that i want them to stop. less fun in the house wouldn’t make me feel better. i’m just bummed i can’t join.)

• Witnessed x 4
  13. jacktrash

it can also be helpful for monitoring caffeine, sugar,etc. i make rules like “the halloween themed ones are iced coffee” and “the red ones are juice, the green ones are tea” and it helps keep track of how much i’ve had of what. i can load up my mini fridge with the days allowed measures, and/or use the empties as a tally.

• Useful x 5
  14. jacktrash

ugh, sore throat from opiated turbo snores. gonna skip the hydro this time and see if i can do without it yet.

no hate on anyone struggling with opioid addiction, but like. why. it’s like an addiction to having sex with a cactus. on the one hand, sex. but on the other hand... cactus.

• Witnessed x 5
  15. jacktrash

btw apparently i was supposed to keep taking gabapentin? but no one actually told me so. i found out when this flare got so bad i begged for hydrocodone, and when barb went to pick it up the pharmacist gave her a bag full of gabapentin bottles.

• Witnessed x 6
  16. idiomie

idiomie I, A Shark Apologist

i know for my grandmother it was mostly that, once she'd become dependent, the withdrawal affects of trying to go off the opioids felt worse than any of the nastiness of being on the opioids

also, the degree to which opioids make you miserable is something-something genetics - people in my family generally don't tolerate (the side effects of) opioids very well, anyway, so we usually avoid them like the plague. but for other people, whatever makes the opioids feel nasty just... doesn't trigger? (some of this is epigenetic heritability, like with risk factors if you were exposed as a fetus - but the data concludes either you tolerate opioids better or worse, so idk on that) so it probably feels less like a cactus

• Informative x 2
    • Agree x 1
  17. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

At least from my experience, different opiates can be pretty different on the side-effect front, too. Codeine was basically worse than the post-surgery pain they gave it to me for and barely even helped, but when I got morphine'd in the ER I just... felt better. I was a little bit fuzzy and loopy, but nothing like the misery that was codeine.

• Informative x 2
  18. Anomal(eee)

Anomal(eee) Grumblepunk Gremlin

That makes sense! i was put on hydrocodone when I was recovering from a surgery, and it 1) didn't actually do anything about my pain and 2) made me so horribly that dizzy & nauseated that I just didn't take it once I was out of the hospital and healed without painkillers because that way at least I was only in pain.

Obviously people get addicted to the stuff anyway, though, so it must do *something* for those people in order for that to even happen. The same medication can hit different people so differently, it's a wonder we ever figured any out to begin with :T

• Informative x 1
  19. bushwah

bushwah a known rule consequentialist

One manifestation of addiction (which I think is called "physiological addiction?") is dependence (severe withdrawal symptoms if drug effect reduces) and tolerance (drug effect automatically reducing unless dose increase) combining into a destructive spiral where the addict seeks more and more of the drug until they logistically can't obtain enough to stave off withdrawal and they spin out.

Assuming someone is on a drug that induces (physiological) dependence, they don't need to like it to get physiologically addicted; they just need to be more scared of withdrawal than of continuing to use the substance against medical advice.

• Informative x 3
    • Agree x 1
  20. witchknights

witchknights Bold Enchanter Defends The Fearful

Sorry to butt in, but one of my professors explained that basically codeine gets metabolized into morphine, and while most of the population metabolizes about 40-50% of it into morphine, some people are under-metabolizers and others are over-metabolizers, so using codeine is a guessing game of genetic information and that is why codeine is bad and you should not prescribe it.

Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab and other similar indie perfumers probably stock something close to some of those.

• Informative x 5
    • Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice