bandit king of lunch and string

Discussion in 'Your Bijou Blogette' started by jacktrash, Dec 16, 2018.

1. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

tf did i just watch :msap:

on the one hand, obnoxious ableist jokes. on the other hand... yes, that's me learning to wheelchair. it be like that.

• Like x 2
  2. bushwah

bushwah a known rule consequentialist

Was there something ableist about what I said or are you referring to the video?

3. Kodachi

Kodachi Well-Known Member

The video. There was the obnoxiousness. I almost didn't post it, but figured the humor outweighed it.

• Like x 2
    • Agree x 1
  4. jacktrash

yeah, was talking bout the video. the vlogger was treating the mere fact of disability as a hilarious shocking weirdness, it was pretty gross. but the actual gameplay was funny as hell, and reminds me very much of me testing out my new wheelchair in the park and discovering slopes i never noticed before. slopes on curves. wheeeeeeeee--fuck!

5. jacktrash

another appt with doctor choi, and i'm feeling optimistic. my initial judgement of her was hasty, and i repent it; she is a consummate professional and an admirable human being. she's still in a bit of a hurry when she does the patting thing, but otherwise was not too speedy at all. and it was the least confusing doctor appointment i've had for months.

i am going to have the lumbar fusion, that's the only way to make these leg explody attacks stop. i also don't want to be on gabapentin forever. it makes me apathetic. but i told her i want to hold off til january for psychological reasons, since i'll want to hibernate then anyway, and she instantly understood.

she's going to try to drain the cysts, but she said not all cysts can be drained via needle. she'll give it the old college try, though. in addition, she's going to give me cortisone shots directly to the affected nerves. she couldn't promise this would hold off another attack for five months, but it's what she can do, and i'll take it. provided, of course, that the insurance will cover it. i kind of feel bad for whoever's handling my claims. they're probably waiting for me to try to get covered on replacing my entire skeleton with adamantium.

• Winner x 10
  6. fractalLettuce

fractalLettuce a disaster cabbage

oh SHIT u don't have the monkey bar calluses!! you poor man :C I've never had a set of gloves that did what I needed them to do that didn't get also make braking harder, so if you've got recs after a while, do let me know

• Like x 1
  7. jacktrash

heh, no, i've even lost my gardening calluses, and it's been years since i was able to do martial arts so the sword calluses are a distant memory. my hands are soft like a baby's. ;_;

i just picked the gloves that were the most brightly colored. i've got to grip a little harder because the suedelike stuff on the palms isn't all that frictiony, but it's working all right.

when the weather turns, i think i'll buy some leather glove palms and knit myself wooly ones.

• Winner x 7
  8. jacktrash

if you haven't read "the chronicles of master li and number ten ox" you need to get on that right now. i'm rereading it after long enough that it's almost new all over again, and it is such a damn delight. i'm in the middle of the second book, where master li, ox, and moon boy have gone to hell disguised as palace officials to interrogate a dead princess about her undead husband, and they were almost caught by the biggest, burliest, most generally oversized demon in hell, but moon boy stepped out in front of it and went "come here, sugar," and... i had forgotten about moon boy. whew!

fans self.gif

Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
    • Like x 4
    • Winner x 1
  9. jacktrash

moon boy is the patron god of power bottoms.

• Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
  10. jacktrash

his ending doesn't even count as Kill Your Gays, because it's been made perfectly clear he and grief of dawn have jobs waiting for them in heaven, which is quite factual and real in the setting. it may be implied that he'll return to his more famous previous incarnation's gender, but i like to think there was a loki-like gender-shifter chasing tail and shocking the confucians while his warlike moirail -- i can't think of any other word for their bond -- strings her bow and hunts the rabbit out of the moon.

happy sigh. i love those books.

• Winner x 3
  11. rainbowbarnacle

rainbowbarnacle Cat Aggrandizer

• Winner x 2
  12. Kodachi

The hardest parts about replacing your skeleton would be reattaching all the muscles and tendons and doing it all without damaging nerves and blood vessels. Other than that I could make you a set of bones out of Titanium if we had a high resolution CAT scan.

• Winner x 4
    • Informative x 2
    • Useful x 2
  13. jacktrash

14. jacktrash

but can you design retractable claws that won't interfere with my knitting, that's the real question.

• Agree x 5
  15. Kodachi

Of course. I can do anything, I'm an expert!

• Winner x 3
  16. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

And then the interesting question would be how Jesse maintains a red blood cell supply ;)

• Agree x 4
  17. Kodachi

Vampirism.

• Informative x 4
    • Useful x 3
    • Winner x 1
  18. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

He’ll need some of the red blood cells to be green, some of them to be transparent, all of them to be perpendicular, and one to be in the shape of a kitten, but it’s no problem. He’s an expert.

• Agree x 5
    • Informative x 2
    • Winner x 1
  19. jacktrash

in conclusion: my brother designs medical tech, therefore, snicktey-snick, motherfuckers.

[​IMG]

• Winner x 9
  20. jacktrash

i was watching 'stephen fry in america' which is quite cute, and when he got to minnesota, someone took him ice fishing on lake minnetonka, in pretty much the same spot where i learned to drive. (yes, i learned to drive on the ice. i mean, there was nothing to run into, so.) and he caught a bitty sunfish, just like the first fish i ever caught when i was four. it made me smile.

• Winner x 11
    • Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice