bandit king of lunch and string

Discussion in 'Your Bijou Blogette' started by jacktrash, Dec 16, 2018.

1. jacktrash

jacktrash absentee sperglord

i have been unusually busy for a full week now without giving myself a flare! i've washed so many wool! and joined the YMCA with gui and took my wheelie on the track. carded much wools, spun two bobbins. poked at garden stuff a bit, brought in plants that don't want to be out in the cold. watered plants a lot. cooked for myself several times. i feel so functional!

today i feel like i should probably chill. i might spin a little, and i did spread out some alpaca wool i washed yesterday, but i'm getting warning twinges and i know i ought to rest.

still, that's way more than i've been able to do in one week for at least a year. gabapentin is magic. i've been feeling muscle pain when i use muscles, yes, but i haven't been feeling any grinding or nerve lightning, and i only get the pins and needles when i stand up too long or leave my leg at the wrong angle in bed. as opposed to like... randomly, just to piss me off.

it's also incidentally an anti-anxiety drug, though that's not what it's usually prescribed for, so i've just been kind of super chill about everything.

• Winner x 17
  2. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

i saw a thing about how dizaeapam, the anti-anxiety drug, is also used as an appetite simulator, a muscle relaxant, part of a vetinary painkiller cocktail, and an anti-seizure drug

so many anti-anxiety or antidepressant drugs have other uses!

• Agree x 5
    • Informative x 1
  3. jacktrash

oh noooo i tripped and fell into another amusing but informative youtube channel! when will i ever be finished watching good videos??

• Winner x 3
  4. jacktrash

dyeing autumn colors on knitpicks sock blend roving for to make winter woolies for son’s bf. my fingers are green! feels good man

• Winner x 9
  5. jacktrash

• Agree x 1
    • Useful x 1
  6. turtleDove

turtleDove Well-Known Member

Late, but: basically because Shiny and Looks Pretty And Expensive. It's literally just to make things look shinier and more expensive.

Oh, agreed. I remember seeing judges on (I think?) Masterchef rip a contestant a new one for using giant flakes of gold leaf in a challenge, when the dish needed Teeny Scraps of gold leaf. "That's $100 of gold leaf you just used, and it doesn't even look good." Gold leaf (and silver leaf) aren't even supposed to be used in big wads; they're supposed to be accents - you use a teeny little amount, to provide a pop of Edible Bling. Putting giant wads of it on is the culinary equiv of putting origami dollar bills around the food to show off.

• Agree x 3
    • Informative x 2
  7. jacktrash

plan for today is process more fleece, reel off my plied bobbin of cinnamon alpaca, go swimming with seebs, maybe watch some more bon appetit videos. is brad dating his cameraman? he's taken to calling vinnie 'babe'. this could just be a vocal tic tho. he's got a lot of those. a lot.

gotta try to get a photo of my autumn rainbow sock blend i dyed the past couple days. it came out amazing.

• Winner x 6
  8. jacktrash

• Winner x 15
  9. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

:D ive been told brad is married, so i assume not. Vinny, idk

Fun fact that i didnt know for a long time: Vinny actually goes by Vince (or Vincent? Idk but hes credited as Vincent Cross) which means Brad is just that kinda dude who nicknames folks lol

• Informative x 2
    • Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice