bandit king of lunch and string

Discussion in 'Your Bijou Blogette' started by jacktrash, Dec 16, 2018.

1. fractalLettuce

fractalLettuce a disaster cabbage

I don't know offhand, but I can def ask her. She's also had... seven? reconstructive surgeries since 1997. We have EDS w/fibro, and I know it helps take the edge off the chronic pain for her.

• Informative x 1
  2. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

i was building a craftsman style house in minecraft, and i put in the most beautiful fireplace, and it set the house on fire. welp.

• Witnessed x 17
    • Winner x 1
  3. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

minecraft fire will try to turn any air block that is in range and next to a flammable block into a fire block

from the wiki the range for fire is "one block downwards, one block sideways (including diagonals), and four blocks upwards of the original fire block"

• Informative x 4
  4. jacktrash

ah, it's the four blocks upwards that got me. silly me thought if i had a couple rows of bricks above the fire it'd protect the wood beam.

• Witnessed x 4
  5. LumiLapin

LumiLapin Bad Bad Bun

If it makes you feel better my girlfriend was playing around with a magic mod and struck my house with lightning, burning it down and killing all my pets

(Gonna make a new house. Better house. You can do it!)

6. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

lol, what magic mod was that?

worst magic-mod-caused lightning-related mishap in any of my games was trying to clean up a mess with thaumcraft's shock focus and getting taint poisoned as a result

• Witnessed x 2
  7. LumiLapin

LumiLapin Bad Bad Bun

Electrobob’s Wizardry. I am a simple gal who doesn’t understand complex systems and just wants to point a wand and shoot fire

8. jacktrash

remind me to dig up the saga of @seebs and the item that sets everything on fire around you if you have it in your inventory. there was a magic mirror malfunction. after a certain point all you can do is stand back and watch the world burn.

• Winner x 4
    • Witnessed x 1
  9. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

that sounds hilarious

• Agree x 1
  10. seebs

seebs Benevolent Dictator

Railcraft "firestone". If you hold it, fires are set. Depending on how much you hold. Also it's a tile item, and it broke an interaction with thaumcraft magic mirrors, such that if you put any of it in one, they would duplicate *huge* volumes of it. And of course, we had people in magnet mode. So... Suddenly everyone who came near a thing set everything on fire, and Jesse had these beautiful wood buildings full of wood storage containers.

• Witnessed x 5
  11. jacktrash

i had built a japanese country estate with wooden walkways and paper walls and fruit trees... and a huge kitchen full of wooden drawers, all of which contained multiple stacks of various food items... so basically not only was everything flammable, as soon as it caught fire, it started spamming items fast enough to cause massive lag. and, of course, to fill up everyone's inventory instantly so they couldn't find the firestone and get rid of it fast enough to keep from spreading the fire.

eventually, what defeated us was the fact that we were laughing too hard to keyboard.

• Witnessed x 6
  12. jacktrash

i was looking back thru my tumblr minecraft tag to see if i posted any screenies of the disaster and i just found this

[​IMG]

with the caption "they're pretending to be sims"

• Winner x 5
  13. jacktrash

• Like x 4
    • Winner x 2
  14. jacktrash

• Winner x 8
  15. Vast Derp

Vast Derp Professional Griefer

firestone is amazing if you ever need to clear out an entire thicket biome

just put as much of it in your inventory as you can hold and take a leisurely stroll.

and don't ever try to just throw that shit away if you pick it up accidentally. it is specifically coded to never disappear. it just chills on the ground til picked up again.

this is very useful for griefing btw but never do it because jesus is watching

• Informative x 6
    • Agree x 1
  16. turtleDove

turtleDove Well-Known Member

...shoving it into a box probably doesn't do anything helpful, does it? Although now I'm wondering if you can use it to run a furnace or something...

17. jacktrash

i don't remember what its non-griefing purposes were. i'm sure it had some. somehow.

18. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

you can refine it into a firestone that doesn't randomly set fire to things, and instead of burning when thrown into lava it eats the lava and leaves behind obsidian to get 'charges'

in addition to clearing out lava, refined firestone can be used in furnaces and in steam boilers, it's best in steam boilers because in a furnace it's not as efficient as just using the lava directly would've been

• Informative x 4
  19. jacktrash

i am just feeling categorically shitty today. so much of my life is consumed by frustrating contradictions, like being hyperactive but fatigued, or extroverted but autistic. usually resulting in my getting the worst of both, so i'm constantly restless/exhausted and lonely/overloaded. i don't think there are solutions to these problems. i think it just stays like this.

anyhow, on top of all that, my tailbone hurts, and my eyes are itchysore, i have a sinus headache, and my temperature regulation has gone haywire. i don't know if this is a virus or allergies or just my usual systemic inflammation bullshit.

meat bodies suck, man.

• Witnessed x 12
  20. jacktrash

took sleepy pills last night in hope of returning to a day schedule. had a long, vivid, detailed dream in which i was an actress who was kind of new to the big studio thing. i was one of a handful of actors invited by a famous producer/director to a lunch meeting about an idea he thought was very clever. it was not actually a clever idea and we pretty much showed up for the free food and for shits 'n giggles. the private dining room was an appalling little narrow alcove off the side of a hotel restaurant, painted bright red, and looking out over some kind of rooftop film festival that was very loud. we all pretty much spent the whole meeting ducking out to smoke, since we were eating nothing but salads with vinegar. not vinaigrette; just vinegar, no oil. we told him we'd think about it and left.

i left with gal godot, whom i idolized, and proposed we get a real lunch somewhere. which is when she reminded me that the studio rules about not socializing with other actors outside work were strictly enforced. at that point i Knew, as one does in dreams, that hollywood studios all forbid actors to be friends with each other, and even though everyone hates it they go along with it because otherwise they'd get blackballed.

i was like, "fuck this, i'm still getting royalties off xyz movie, i'm gonna quit acting and start doing roller derby." and i did.

• Winner x 8
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice