BEADS AND THINGS

Discussion in 'Make It So' started by Starcrossedsky, Nov 26, 2015.

1. Starcrossedsky

Starcrossedsky Burn and Refine

We have a few other more specific jewelry type threads, but nothing for general beading, and I know I can't be our only beader, so, here you go.

(If I somehow am our only beader... Well, come admire my crap.)

And something to actually post - flowers were made over the weekend at the Portland Gem Faire, the hairstick is a concept test (which is why it's on a bamboo skewer instead of something more appropriate). Featuring Dangly Hair Shit selfie.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

(As a bonus, shaking my head to knock the bead against the stick is a very satisfying stim.)

Last edited: Nov 26, 2015
    • Like x 2
  2. PotteryWalrus

PotteryWalrus halfway hideous and halfway sweet

Ooooh, I only just found this thread! You know I am beading to hell and back atm, and those flowers are super pretty! Besides the SU stuff, I've also been messing around with wire and a method I was taught to make corn dollies with when I was in my early teens, which makes a cool double helix braid thing -

[​IMG]

I'm still rusty as hell with it - I haven't woven like that for the best part of a decade - but here's one that turned out okay, with teeny tiny red, blue, and gold beads on the inner strands.

• Like x 1
  3. rats

rats 21 Bright Forge Shatters The Void

BEADS BEADS BEADS BEADS I'm at my grandma's house for vacation rn but rest assured when I get home I will take......so many pictures

(When I was in middle school I made ~50-100 pairs of earrings/bracelet bits and I've been giving them away as emergency "shit I forgot it was their birthday" gifts ever since :") )

• Like x 4
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice