Bees and Illuminati: The Secret World

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Mala, Dec 22, 2015.

1. Mala

Mala Well-Known Member

The Secret World is probably my favorite game ever. It's a horror MMO set in modern day where All Myths Are True in some form. It's very story focused and in fact, the entire main story can be experienced playing solo. The gist of it is, you swallow a bee and gain magic powers and get recruited by the Illuminati, Templars or Dragon and they send you off to different areas around the word to deal with out of control supernatural incidents such as a mysterious fog waking the dead in a small town off the coast of Maine, a dangerous cult in Egypt, a vampire war in Transylvania and a strange bomb that's thrown Tokyo into chaos. Quests are rarely straight up "kill 10 X" and there's a mix of combat, stealth and puzzle solving and research (or looking up a guide) required.

I’m trying not to just write an essay that’s HERE’S EVERY REASON I LOVE THIS GAME *KEYSMASHING* PLS BUY THIS GAME (good LGBT characters would be in there several times just because that’s not common in horror or mmos yet) but I’m more than happy to talk about it or persuade people to try it. I’ve always got trial keys and it’s on sale during Steam’s winter sale! The Tumblr fandom's pretty chill and always happy to help new players as well!

Last edited: Jul 9, 2016
    • Like x 3
  2. prismaticvoid

prismaticvoid Too Too Abstract

In the event that I find a good play-on-Mac program I am getting this game because one of my friends is lowkey obsessed and gives me play-by-plays.
    (Sidenote: you know said friend! They're gayantivan on tumblr)

3. They were too lazy to program separate chatter for male and female characters so if a character flirts with you then theyre bi/pan. Dance with a cute psychic and seethe in rage about her abuser, get invited to coffee by a guy whose brother youre gonna have to murder later, get come onto by a pansexual japanese elvis impersonator. also lotsa memes

Last edited: Dec 23, 2015
  4. oph

oph There was a user here, but it's gone now

It looks like they're currently offering a 60% discount on the game. Someone remind me to look at that again when I'm not on my phone

5. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

I've been so annoyed, cause I'm trying to find videos of the game and I haven't found any. (I did find some pretty good fanfic, though.)

6. Mala

Mala Well-Known Member

I can find plenty of video but little fanfic let's trade. What kind of video were you looking for?

7. emythos

8. Lissiel

Lissiel Dreaming dead

I wanted to like this game SO MUCH. I did the arg while it was in development and was on the forums and got in the beta...and it was absolutely unplayable. I assume it was a mix of me needing to Git Gud and having an older rig, but like. I couldnt get through the first quest. Im still so disappointed i want to cry.

9. Mala

Mala Well-Known Member

As opposed to the totally normal, not screwed up, zombie infested Kingsmouth XD
    I think this is it? if not, I can grab footage of it no problem

@Lissiel yeah, that's the worst thing about this game. :( It's very poorly optimized. There's a bunch of tweaks for getting it to run better but depending on what you have, it may not help much. My old laptop was starting to not be able to handle it and it was hella frustrating.

• Like x 2
  10. emythos

@Mentarnes It's sad when the zombie infested place is the normal one XD
    Yep, thank you!

11. Mala

Mala Well-Known Member

Tbf, Kingsmouth was never normal or not fucked up. It's so delightfully fucked up with layers of awful and that's why I love it.

12. emythos

XD it's wonderful

13. Mala

Mala Well-Known Member

14. littlepinkbeast

littlepinkbeast Imperator Fluttershy

I don't play it much, but I do poke my head in every now and then. There's some wonderful and wonderfully-fucked-up stuff in there, oh yes.

15. Mala

Mala Well-Known Member

What's your username on there? I'm usually playing as Malaloba

16. littlepinkbeast

littlepinkbeast Imperator Fluttershy

Hexachrome, and I *think* I'm on Arcadia but I don't remember for sure.

17. Socratease

Socratease Well-Known Member

Whoops I bought the Ultimate Edition during the Summer Sale and I own this game now

• Like x 2
  18. Mala

Mala Well-Known Member

Yesssss 8D

Let me know if you need any help or anything!

19. Socratease

Socratease Well-Known Member

I guess for starters: What server are y'all on? (I realize this game has megaserver technology but still)

Should I be joining a specific faction? Otherwise eyeing Dragon c:

(Chaos magic sounds rad as heck yo)

20. Mala

Mala Well-Known Member

I'm on Arcadia which is nice if you want to wander around London and find random RPers.

You should join the Templars /joke Nah, join whatever faction sounds interesting to you and you can always do one character in each. You don't have to be a Dragon to use chaos magic btw. Also the Dragon intro is...special

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice