Beforus Homestuck Fan Album - Releases Sunday w/ Livestream

Discussion in 'Make It So' started by BlackholeKG, Apr 8, 2016.

1. BlackholeKG

BlackholeKG I saw you making fire

Hey, so a lot of you might already know about this project that I'm running, that has been ongoing for about 14 months now. It's taken up a lot of my time and has certainly taken a lot of effort, so, given that it's finally releasing in two days time, I thought I'd make a thread here for it!

Beforus is a collaborative unofficial soundtrack album for Homestuck, which seeks to tell the story of the Beforan (A1) trolls, who have been neglected in the official Homestuck music canon. To this end, I've put together a team that consists of 93 individual volunteer contributors, to produce an album consisting of 82 original music tracks, and unique track art for each of them, plus the album cover. In addition to this, Beforus will be releasing with a 102 page pdf commentary booklet, with commentary on the music and art from each contributor. I myself in addition to organsing the project and compiling the booklet have contributed 6/8 tracks (depending how you want to count them) to the album.

After a very long time, and indeed after we've cut it very close to the wire, Beforus is releasing this Sunday, on April 10th. To celebrate this, I'll be hosting a release livestream on my twitch, where the entire album will be streamed for the first time, followed by a Q&A. The stream will start at 7pm BST (1pm CDT), and the Q&A, which will feature a number of our contributors, will begin at 11:30pm BST (5:30 CDT); Beforus is almost 4.5 hours long. After this the album will be released to the unofficial mspa bandcamp and also have its own page on the Skaianet fan album index. I definitely invite all of you to come and watch (some) of the stream, especially the Q&A! (We will need people to be asking questions ^_^).

Once the album releases, I'll post download links and suchforth here, and people can discuss the album, if they want. I'll also point you guys to the pieces I made, because I'm pretty proud of them!

If you want more info on this then here is our tumblr, which contains all our project updates as well as pages which talk more about the album.

• Like x 8
  2. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

I'M HYPE :D

• Like x 1
  3. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

FUCK ME HOW DID I JUST FIND OUT ABOUT THIS YESTERDAY AAAAAAAAAH

THANK YOU.

• Like x 1
  4. witchknights

witchknights Bold Enchanter Defends The Fearful

I'm super hype! I have the first album and I really need to buy the others :D Maybe I'll get them all together Sunday

• Like x 1
  5. BlackholeKG

Stream is in just under 3 hours, if you're interested!

• Like x 2
  6. Imoyram

Imoyram Well-Known Member

this is so good blackhole
    been listening live :D

(also horuss song playing rn by you is really good!!)

• Like x 1
  7. Imoyram

AH ITS ON BANDCAMP
    EXCITEMENT

8. Aondeug

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

• Like x 1
  9. Imoyram

I opened fatalism's lyrics about halfway through the song and didnt realise it auto played, so i heard a slightly staggered doubled version for the last half, and it sounded almost intentiol, and super cool. strange but cool

10. BlackholeKG

Guys guys that's meant to be for error-checking you aren't supposed to know about it yet

• Like x 1
  11. Aondeug

That happened to me too.

• Like x 1
  12. Aondeug

Ahhhhhhh.

Yeah I've basically been camping this and the sites for the entire day.

• Like x 1
  13. Imoyram

whoops. at least i didnt post on tumblr

@Aondeug Yeah same

14. Imoyram

that was a test download button wasnt it

cause i clicked it, hit download after a second, and then errors occurred, reloaded the page, button was gone

• Like x 1
  15. Aondeug

we both have no chill

• Like x 1
  16. Imoyram

according to my family, i am made of 90% salt, and 10% crab apple, there is no room for chill

(also i honestly read that as chili and was quite confused for a second)

• Like x 1
  17. Aondeug

I am just a bundle of highly volatile nerves.

• Like x 1
  18. Mala

Mala Well-Known Member

If what's on bandcamp is still for error checking 50M3 GR347 4C7 0F H3R015M has a "lyrics" button instead of "info" since it doesn't have lyrics (at least not that I caught?)

• Like x 1
  19. Ducks

Ducks 79 Plural Fowl Illuminates The Legendary

I'm really enjoying this, just found this today, but which kankrant is the speech in Civil Discussion from? It's bothering me that I can't make it out.

20. Imoyram

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice