Blast from the Past

Discussion in 'Howdy there!' started by kmoss, Feb 23, 2015.

1. kmoss

kmoss whoops

I don't think I've been on a forum since I was 16, heavily invested in Angelic Layer, and joined a forum that my brother's friend created for Angelic Layer. Christ. I can almost guarantee I'm going to fuck something up on my account page.

At any rate, I'm 22 and live in the Land of Wind and Almost Constant Road Construction, also known as North Dakota. Feel free to assume that I'm freezing at all times, since I probably am. I'm a psych student, graduating this summer, and planning on going into Americorps NCCC.

Many people in my real life use female pronouns for me, which I guess is a socially appropriate response to seeing that I have hips and chest balloons and talk in a slightly higher voice than exists in most male vocal ranges.

I've found that "she" and "he" pronouns fill me with slightly larger levels of "that's weird", so I answer best to "they".

I'm on tumblr as boyacrossthestreet, so I'll generally answer to that, but I will also answer to "bats" (acronyms are fun!), and recently, "moss".

I used to be a giant asshole about grammar, and have since grown the fuck up, which is why I think my icon is hilarious. (I have a lot of really stupid inside jokes with myself.)

Hmm. What else do I want to talk about...

Oh right. I'm pretty confident in real life, and I'm fairly sure that translates appropriately to how I act online. I'm also undergoing ADHD assessment, and that's conspired with my two jobs, internship, and general senior year courseload to strip away basically all motivation to write papers or leave the apartment. I have, however, managed to clean my apartment, do the dishes, and organize my bookshelf in the past week.

I'm very interested in religion, weird science facts, nonprofits, dinosaurs, and someday working in LGBT advocacy. And I like people, and talking to people (especially in written format), and I pride myself on writing fairly understandable posts, so if you're having issues parsing something I've written, feel free to bug me about it.

2. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

oh my god i hear you on north dakota road construction. every time i roadtrip through there i get stuck in Skinny Pavement Concrete Barrier Hell for like six hours. :D

3. soulsuckingisaacnewton

soulsuckingisaacnewton strange fuzzy creature

Hi!

• Like x 1
  4. kmoss

kmoss whoops

I actually complain a lot about North Dakota's road construction for someone who doesn't even own a car but...
    It's so terrible. Like, I know Steven Brust's referred to Minnesota as the Land of almost constant road repair, but I'm pretty sure ND is worse.

5. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

mn does have almost constant road repair, but i feel like the state is better at giving traffic room to travel and not giving us a crap surface to drive on. nd's road construction is just... so skinny. my car's not even big and i'm always afraid i'll scrape my mirrors off, if i was driving a semi i'd be a nervous wreck after two miles. and that ground-down concrete surface with the lines that grab your tires and drag your car around, ugh.

sd has the same problem a lot of the time, and then you'll hit a patch of the most beautiful blacktop and feel like you're flying, and then just when you're getting used to that... bam, Concrete Hell again! makes me wonder if jurasdictions are fighting over budget or something.

6. kmoss

kmoss whoops

You're right about the skinny, actually. we have a two-way overpass that's basically cut in half most of the year. It freaks me out even when I'm just the passenger.

7. Re Allyssa

Re Allyssa Sylph of Heart

Props, dude, that is much success.
    I did laundry on... Saturday? It's still in the laundry basket. It will probably remain there until it's time to do laundry again.
    I think I finished the half loaded dishwasher and started it too, this past weekend... I should give myself habitrpg points for that...

• Like x 1
  8. kmoss

kmoss whoops

Considering that the last time I cleaned my room was about two months ago, this is spectacular for me.

My clean laundry lives in my laundry bag until I have to do laundry again, and then I put my clean clothes away from last time and pick up the dirty clothes from the floor.

I ran out of things to organize today, so I wrote a paper, four emails, and updated the social media for my internship.

• Like x 1
  9. Morven

Morven In darkness be the sound and light

I sometimes find it amazing how much I can get done when it's procrastination for something else I'm avoiding.

10. kmoss

kmoss whoops

It's really quite spectacular. In my case, I usually get all of my work done when I have to send an email to a professor explaining why I missed class. It's always such a shot in the dark. The latest one told me it was cool. The one before her told me I'd get some points docked.
    And it's never in the syllabus.

11. Re Allyssa

Yeah, I get so much house work done when procrastinating paper writing.

Aw that sucks. At least, my teachers say when it will cost you points in the syllabus.

12. kmoss

kmoss whoops

Well, it's also possible that it's been on the syllabus and I've missed it like four times. I do that.
    The only problem is that when I'm done organizing and start actually writing papers, I start nesting hard core, and then the mess happens again.
    It's a relentless cycle of "didn't I just clean?"

• Like x 1
  13. Re Allyssa

Ahahaha oh noooo xD
    For me, most of my mess is just too tired to put things where they go (therefore clothes end up on floor because putting it away is too much Effort)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice