Blood work results, more than a year after starting meds

Discussion in 'Braaaaiiiinnnns...' started by Vierran, Feb 26, 2018.

1. Vierran

Vierran small and sharp

Close to a year and a half ago, I went to my school's health center for depression management. At that time an NP ordered blood work, since I had never had things like vitamin D or thyroid hormones tested. I got the blood work, started going to the school's counseling center, and through the counseling center began to see a psychiatrist. When I met with the psychiatrist, she asked if I had had that set of blood work done. I said yes, and since I hadn't heard anything more about it, I assumed everything was normal. Psychiatrist and I went on from there. We've had a set of things that seem to be working for nearly a year now.

Today I got a phone call from the NP who ordered the blood work. She had found the results under a pile of paper and wanted to make an appointment with me to discuss vitamin D insufficiency. I don't expect vitamin D to change my medication needs substantially, but I do find this whole thing hilarious. I guess I should have followed up last October...

2. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

Yeah. Vitamin D insufficiency is really common, but you really should have heard back sooner.

Glad you find it hilarious, at least :P

• Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice