BNHA: Where your quirk is not the written kind

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Raire, Sep 26, 2017.

1. Charlie

Charlie I got no strings to hold me down

This is the most excited I've been for bnha in awhile. The shigaraki backstory is killer.

• Agree x 2
  2. Charlie

Uh. wow, that was brutal. Didn't actually expect Hori to go there.

That said, I've seen a lot of people just accept Shigaraki's claims where he's like 'maybe I DID want to hurt my family. Maybe that's what I wanted all along'. Um, considering his claims about him wanting his sister to save him a few seconds before he starts convincing himself he always wanted that, I just genuinely think Shigaraki is an unreliable narrator who is implanting some of his current views onto old memories. Literally everyone has been telling Shigaraki for years he is intended for destruction, and AFO calls him 'warped since birth'.

Def believe he killed dad on purpose though.

3. Charlie

Separately, I'm not a huge fan of the Overhaul arc (though it does have some moments I DO like and look forward to) - so the concept that we're going to have to wait so long for the things that come after it (which are things I Like) to be adapted is painful. But these things are a necessary part of the story and have some good elements. One must endure.

I do think the pacing of Overhaul arc will be improved by being animated though, since a lot of the action sequences won't feel so bogged down by wait time.

4. Lebesgue Integreat

Lebesgue Integreat Lesbian Intrigue

The entire thing with Shigaraki is so fascinating to me because. There's a couple of ways I could see this going.

1. His quirk was latent all along and was only released after the straw that broke the camel's back if you will
    2. (Less likely in context of the story as a whole but makes more sense to me given how Shigaraki's story specifically went) The massive stress and true and sincere wish for destruction spawned a quirk in a quirkless man out of nowhere (think Mob Psycho and how psychic powers are based in emotion; albeit we don't know his family history as far as quirks go so if there is some level of destructive quirk in his parents/grandparents this theory is rendered basically completely nul and void).

5. PotteryWalrus

PotteryWalrus halfway hideous and halfway sweet

Coming in here as (so far) an anime-only fan -

My main question would be how worthwhile is it to read the manga? One of the reasons I've avoided it until now is that this is the first shounen action series that has really grabbed me since Naruto, and I've since concluded that reading ahead on the manga in that case ruined my appreciation of the anime.

Between growing my hatred of filler arcs and the anime's treatment of some of my favourite manga arcs, I'm worried that the same thing will happen with BNHA and Ruin my interest in either, which is what happened with Naruto. Is this show prone to filler and I'm just not aware of it, or am I safe to read along in the knowledge I won't be hecked up again like I was?

That said, this show does some things MUCH BETTER than the kind of shounen I'm used to. A protagonist that has actual analytical skills without being morally grey at best, actual inclusion of an nb/trans character (I thought Magne was nb before I read otherwise lol) just ONE ecchi character who almost none of the characters like... Maybe my standards are set really low but like, it's really impressed me so far.

Bakugou is my trash fire son and I love him, as well, but I'm in the camp where they both need to do a lot more growing before I'm prepared to even ship him pitch with Izuku. Kiribaku all the way, lol.

• Agree x 1
  6. Raire

Raire Turquoise Helicoid

Hey so, with the latest updates in the manga, WHAT THE FUCK

• Agree x 1
  7. Morgan Jae

Morgan Jae pecure. sontain. crotect.

could someone give, like... a quick summary of whats happened since season 3. i dont know Anything about what i keep seeing crossing my dash

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice