BNHA: Where your quirk is not the written kind

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Raire, Sep 26, 2017.

1. turtleDove

turtleDove Well-Known Member

I've got one, after having thought about it because of some tiktok vids.

Quirk: Healer
    Sort of similar to Recovery Girl, in that they can heal up other people. They can also heal themselves, but instead of Recovery Girl's quirk where she uses the energy of the person she's healing, they use their own resources to heal the injured person. It costs less energy if they're emotionally close to the person, but healing major injuries results in sensory overload, followed by exhaustion and spoon loss, followed by having to cast from hit points to keep going.

They were pushed to be a support hero and become a medic, but then-undiagnosed ADHD made it near-impossible to actually pass the required classes. This was compounded by the fact that they didn't really want to be a support hero at all, they just wanted to be left alone.

• Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  2. TheMockingCrows

TheMockingCrows Resident Bisexual Lich

i'll show better pics when they're out of box, and the other goodies i got later. rn im dead from con. so have my newly obtained prized husbands lol.

[​IMG]

• Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  3. TheMockingCrows

• Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  4. TheMockingCrows

Happy Pride
    [​IMG]

• Like x 2
    • Winner x 2
  5. TheMockingCrows

6. TheMockingCrows

:kicks in the door:
    i finally got back to watching some bnha after 84 fucking years of brain dysfunction and!!!!
    MAN!!!!!!
    i just finished Stain being captured and jfc i was on the edge of my seat the entire time!

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  7. PotteryWalrus

PotteryWalrus halfway hideous and halfway sweet

Holy shit, dude, the Stain arc is still one of my faves and it's been so long. Iida going off the fucking deep end like that alone always has my heart in my mouth, like he's so straightlaced it was such a shock to see him act like that.

Also can we just say that turboboy is definitely on the autism spectrum somewhere? Like he's always a bit awkward when talking to people because Rules are Rules and he's clearly been trained to Be Polite, but hell, the hand-chopping thing he does when excited/annoyed is definitely stimming, right?

Also also

TODOROKI FAMILY SPOILERS FROM HERE ALTHOUGH IF YOU HAVEN'T HEARD THIS BY NOW WHAT ROCK HAVE YOU BEEN LIVING UNDER LMAO

Me: Endeavour fucking sucks I am literally never ever gonna forgive him and Shouto shouldn't either he's such a fucking asshole
    Endeavour: - actually shows self-awareness and legit regret for his actions and straight up apologies for them, which is more than my own asshole dad ever did-
    Me: . .. urgh why. - gives him reluctant extremely grudging brownie points-

Dabi still has the absolute right to kick his ass so hard his insides boil, though. I've been watching the series on crunchyroll but because of tumblr I've been spoiled to hell and back - it is really goddamn weird to see that name spelled Toya not Touya, as well, and I really wasn't expecting him to be an adorable cottonball child - for some reason I'd assumed he was completely Endeavour's colouring because of those hellfire blue eyes.

Black dye goes easily over either, lol. /SPOILER]

• Agree x 2
  8. TheMockingCrows

also newest chapters comment

yay for bakugou doing the apologizing thing. good boi. excellent boi.

deku smely. warsh him.

• Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
  9. garden

garden lucid dreamer

today i wandered into hot topic because my brother was shopping there. it had some cool BNHA shirts, but they exhibited my perennial disappointment with Hot Topic, which is that they’re always sold out of size Small in any shirt i want

more importantly tho, at said Hot Topic i saw a Tamaki cosplayer? i didn’t know cosplaying at the mall was still a thing ppl did but hey, more power to you, kid

• Winner x 1
  10. evilas

evilas Sure, I'll put a custom title here

Me: "oh man I really hope they don't brush off just how abusive Endeavor was as a dad, it's really easy for a show to just go "oh everything's good now" so I really hope they do it right."
    Latest 2 anime eps:
    Deku: "If you truly hate him, you don't need to forgive him."
    Endeavor: "I don't want your forgiveness. I want to atone."
    Me: "God Damn. That's. Yup. They're doing it right."

• Agree x 2
  11. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

Hi I'm new here, but I'm so delighted that page one of the thread is so full of Tsu-chan love. She's one of my favorite characters.

Because don't actually know how many episodes of this there are, let alone what's going on in the manga, I'm kind of afraid to read too far into the thread, which is probably silly, but it's good to appease the brain sometimes. Someone asked about opinions on Bakugou though. It was a million years ago, but I have those!

Every time someone goes on about his excessive pride, I'm honestly kinda confused. Does that not look like someone who's barely holding onto self worth through sheer desperate stubbornness to anyone else? Yeah, he's an asshole and a bully. He expresses every emotion as anger or bewilderment. The bewilderment usually becomes anger if you give it a moment. Something is really wrong, please get him therapy!

It's been 61 long years episodes, but someone finally fucking noticed that this kid is really afraid and has extremely shaky self esteem, and gave him a hug about it. Thank you, All Might. (I wonder if All Might noticed that Bakugou was repeating the things he'd been told about himself at home, like that being kidnapped was his fault because he was weak, and he made a burden of himself to the people who saved him. All Might was there to hear it, so...)

He seems to work a lot through instinct and intuition, but either can't explain or doesn't feel comfortable trying, so it's very hard to tell sometimes what's reckless impulse and what's actually a very good idea. But I think he's at least been right with snap judgments regarding other people's bullshit too many times for it to be wise to dismiss him if he has something to say, even if he's not about to win any awards for diplomacy.

(Also the hand villain whose name I haven't successfully learned so far, you know, facepalm guy? Facepalm guy giving a long rambling speech ending with the true meaning of social justice to an audience of Bakugou, whom he'd just kidnapped, was the funniest thing in the entire show so far imo. Read the damn room, dude. Especially since "the room" in this case is one (1) teenager, and he's not exactly hard to read. The glare of pure murder really ought to give it away.)

In summary, I've really liked him since the beginning of the show. I continue to really like him.

• Like x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Informative x 1
  12. Verily

Spoilers for the whole anime, or at least what's current now, and mentions of The Bisexual Discourse?

That spoiler tag is pretty redundant. Oh well.

Okay, so I did hear about bisexual discourse regarding Mineta. I read some of what people were saying on both sides about whether there was any romantic intent, but frankly I don't trust straight people with that kind of thing at all, so "a lot of native speakers didn't read it that way" is honestly not that meaningful to me. Not to mention impossible to confirm.

That's just one reason that I have no choice but to stan our queen and savior Toga Himiko, absolute bisexual icon. She just managed to use Uraraka's power while on death's door, something she isn't supposed to be able to do, with the very last of her store of Uraraka's blood. She then declared, "I want to become more like what I love!" There was an epic, emotional soundtrack playing. She may be a sadist, a villain, possibly a serial killer, and she says she loves a whole lot of people often seemingly on a whim, and she isn't a main cast member, but dammit, she's still way better than Mineta. I'm so invested in this right now that I started reading the damn manga despite saying I wouldn't. I must know what happens next, difficulties with single sensory mode input be damned. (I started at the beginning, so it will take A While.)

And I completely ship this now. I mean, fuck yeah!
    BNHA himiko 2.png

It may not be even a little healthy, but I believe in it. I just don't feel any chemistry between Midoriya and Uraraka. I don't understand why they like each other. Not possible reasons, concrete ones. They're so nonspecific about each other. Toga actually talks about both of them as if she really desires them.

• Like x 3
  13. Verily

BNHA mom's spaghetti.png

• Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
  14. TheMockingCrows

• Winner x 2
  15. Charlie

Charlie I got no strings to hold me down

gosh... i just. i'll admit, dislike so much of how s5 chose to adapt the manga

really, some of my favourite scenes are in this season but I feel like the directors/staff have stopped caring at this point

Last edited: Sep 25, 2021
    • Witnessed x 1
  16. TheMockingCrows

im rewatching episodes ive already watched to get my friend into bnha too. we finished the first season a week ago, and now we just got up to the start of the Shinsou fight and she's so excited. I'm thrilled to have converted someone lmfao, and writing fic for this series is like a shot of dopamine after writing for an anemic fandom for so long for dwindling returns.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2021
    • Winner x 2
  17. TheMockingCrows

i admit like. im excited as shit to watch this stuff again too ngl? i'm a sucker for shouto so im like on the edge of my seat to see his fight again, I haven't watched it since the first time.

• Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
  18. PotteryWalrus

PotteryWalrus halfway hideous and halfway sweet

Okay so I've been naming my pokemon after BNHA characters this play through and I named my Litleo Touya BUT

IMG_20211101_191545.jpg

THIS SEEMS LIKE A BAD IDEA

• Winner x 3
    • Like x 2
  19. Verily

That’s the whole problem, really. I’m weeping!

• Agree x 1
  20. TheMockingCrows

:KICKS IN THREAD DOOR:
    THIS MOTHERFUCKER JUST WATCHED WORLD HEROES MISSION AT THE THEATER WITH THEIR FRIEND
    AND
    GOD DAMN WHAT A GAY ASS MOVIE, I'M LIVING

• Winner x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice