Boat Trolls planning thread! (full of spoilers, non-players enter at your own risk)

Discussion in 'Boat Trolls RP' started by jacktrash, Jun 14, 2015.

1. roach

roach hump rumpus professional

" And Dad is obviously really glad (and relieved) to see you smiling and laughing. Connecting with someone, even if it's just a dog as far as he knows. You guess you don't blame him. You're only now starting to realize, in hindsight, just how fucked up you were when you first came home."

WIBBLES

• Like x 2
  2. roach

""Where were we?" you muse. "Oh yes. Care of Magical Creatures class.""

Did you mean for Bel to have gotten them to the third book already? Because like, Care of Magical Creatures class isn't until third year and even the short initial books are a lot of hours of out-loud reading. SORRY I AM ACTUALLY THE BIGGEST HP NERD, IT IS ME.

Anyway, if so, Erskin is going to be cheering Sirius on until the moment it turns out that Sirius is not a crazed Harry-hating serial killer, and then Erskin is going to throw an enormous temper-tantrum.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2015
    • Like x 4
  3. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

oh crap, i could've sworn there was a care of magical creatures class in the first book. did they just go directly to the forbidden forest? when DID they hang out with hagrid in the first book? it's been so long.

4. jacktrash

5. jacktrash

i am starting to also feel like roadkill. you know that feeling when cold symptoms show up and they go from 'is my throat just kinda dry or?' to 'oh shit this is gonna suuuuck' within an hour? like, oh my god batten the hatches here it fucking comes. i HATE that.

anyway, i'm gonna bundle up in bed and try to sweat it out. back in a few hours probably.

• Like x 2
  6. jacktrash

orrrrr i could get SUPER DUPER HUNGRY as soon as i'm comfortable, and have to get up and make congee. WELP. but at least i'm full of chicken broth and rice.

• Like x 2
  7. jacktrash

bel will have a nightmare if he sleeps on the couch, because the big open room isn't very defensible. but he won't make a big deal out of it, and erskin can grumblesoothe him back to sleep easily enough if he wants to.

• Like x 1
  8. roach

Have decided out of nowhere that erskin's grandma is on of the Holders and has been staunchly sitting on whatever her item is for like 60 years now.

• Like x 2
  9. jacktrash

is that scp or calgary keys or what? i haven't got very far into the former and remain largely ignorant of the latter except that they are a Thing.

ps oh buggery it's gone midnight. i really should go to bed. wweh.

10. roach

the calgary keys are a different and localized phenomenon. i must have been talking about the holders series to someone else.

http://theholders.wikidot.com/ here you go. the other website has a really gross picture of an eyeball that i hate. the last thing you need when you're reading creepypasta is some fucked up eyeball staring at you.

it's a series of instructions on how to reach various objects— there are 538 of them 'left', and if assembled together they'll blow up the world or something. the instructions are extremely fucked up and scary. there's a bit of the usual 'wwwoooo mental institutions are spoooooky' but there's also hospitals, morgues, rehabs, and homeless shelters mixed in for flavor. institutional collections of super miserable people kinda seem to be the locus for the starting points.

anyway people who have an item are Holders, and there are obviously two general factions: people who want to make sure the items don't get collected together, and people who want to make sure they do. i think as a general rule people who don't want the items assembled get one item and then bunker down on it, and people who do want the items assembled go collecting.

• Like x 2
  11. roach

man, i love creepypasta. i think the scp foundation, the calgary keys, and the holders series are the three big... series? Thingies? interconnected questy world do-dads. i'm blanking on any other pastas like that.

• Like x 1
  12. jacktrash

haha i have so many tabs open now

• Like x 1
  13. Erskin Aspera

Erskin Aspera flintlockGallivant

whatever item erskin's nanna has, and whether or not she's actually a Holder with an Official Piece, she keeps it in a cardboard box in the basement, refers to it as 'oh, that old thing', and gives it a live mouse on sundays. erskin would describe the thing as 'a snake, but inside-out'.

• Like x 7
  14. jacktrash

hahaha ewwww that's wonderful

15. jacktrash

i'm gonna step away from social media for a bit, try to get some crafting done.

16. jacktrash

[​IMG]
    i haven't been there since i was a little kid and i have no idea what people there would really do if they saw a couple wolves, they might just think "oh that is scientifically interesting!"

anyhow, it's not all that big a park, and mostly prairie and marsh rather than woods, but nice for a day's frolic i suppose

17. roach

ok i must snooze. my brain is pudding. see youuuu

18. roach

btw i am starting to think it would be cute for werewolf erskin to have the /stated/ goal of finding nice people to give bel to, but then like at some point realize does not actually want to split off from bel, they are having a great time, etc, and dropping bel off to live his life doing boring non-erskin-related things has not been the goal for awhile.

• Like x 4
  19. jacktrash

i'd been thinking that was maybe where things were headed. :3

20. jacktrash

i'm not going to play out the dinner with dad, there's no plot there, i just figured it's the kind of thing he would do, and that erskin having alone time would be nice for him. bel and alex will be home probably 9-ish.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice