Boat Trolls planning thread! (full of spoilers, non-players enter at your own risk)

Discussion in 'Boat Trolls RP' started by jacktrash, Jun 14, 2015.

1. roach

roach hump rumpus professional

Haha whoops, looks like we're doing the whole fussy ashen stand-off straight! I am bad at keeping control of a scene. Maybe Lainey can help everyone get out with their dignity intact.

2. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

heee whoops! i have no clue what lainey should do here um um um

3. roach

ok i think i'm snoozing, i'll check in tomorrow some time. g'night!

EDIT: ok so i think lainey is badly dyslexic, and her boy does pretty much all the reading/writing, while she does all the talking, and they form a functional unit that way. so, with him sleeping lunch off in the car while lainey's drawing up contracts, she'll be subtly delegating as much of the paperwork to bel as possible. like, coming up with legit-sounding reasons for why he should be reading things out loud, or filling forms out himself.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2015
    • Like x 3
  4. roach

Random suggestion i just thought of. Weve kinda forgotten about Jethro's traumatic throat ripped open experience...? But what if rainbowdrinker bites, even big horrible ones, are numbed and unusually low-pain? Erskins been muddled up enough to have blanked on Jethro's wounds for awhile, anyway, but what if Jethro just hasnt been in a regular amount of pain and like, when Erskin does remember to check over his stitches and all, its a weird and unnerving surprise? Jethro isnt regularly one to neglect himself like Erskin does...

Suggestion two, Jethro gets some faint echo of compulsion when Erskin prods at the damage, and thats kinda how he abd bel realize the addiction component of Erskins fucked-uppedness and weirdass perception gaps? She had him for way longer, and reinforced his desires with sex and drugs (abd rock n roll) and mind controll dream bullshit and all.

But also i want poor jethro to be fussed over and worried about for his own sake? Not just as like an emotional prop for everyone elses dramatic meltdowns. Seems like thatd be more fair...

Blurf,typos. Thx phone.

• Like x 4
  5. jacktrash

i like both of these, and also jethro should def get love :D

• Like x 1
  6. jacktrash

if pressed, bel will insist that the jacket design is IRONIC.

• Like x 1
  7. roach

how should erskin remember to have a look at jethro's wound? just randomly, on the way up or something, or while they're snuggling, or would jethro draw attention to it by bleeding or overstraining himself? or just be low blood sugar and dizzy? or go to the bathroom to change the bandage on his own...?

• Like x 1
  8. jacktrash

i think it'd be sweet if erskin remembers before jethro does. jethro doesn't typically neglect his injuries, but since it doesn't hurt much he's not thinking about it.

• Like x 1
  9. roach

so, actually don't recall how often erskin's broken down crying, but i think he mostly cries when inescapably sad shit catches up to him and he can't keep trucking along trying to make things be ok by sheer willpower. i really like that jethro is frank and open about his emotions and stress-cries, personally! it's a nice change from all the stoic action stars the poor kid is stuck hanging around with.

but anyway erskin is just sort of confused and upset (and a little annoyed) about the frequency and duration of crying events, since crying signifies a way bigger and more devastating issue, for him. i think he and bel cry about the same amount, for all that erskin is massively more prone to flipping his shit. i guess erskin just flips shit in the 'fight/flight/make stupid accusations' direction, not the 'engage in healthy emotional catharsis' direction.

• Like x 2
  10. jacktrash

bel cries at intense emotion, both positive and negative; his crying-at-movies is kind of a running joke among the clade, i think. i figure it's a safety valve, since he tries so hard to be stoic and calm when shit is actually dire.

jethro is just, yeah, really open. he cries when he's sad or worried or in pain, just like a little kid. he's people-savvy enough to recognize that erskin's crying indicates a more serious problem, though.

• Like x 1
  11. roach

man, has erskin ever cried in front of jethro? he's broken down in front of bel twice or so? with the marlin disaster and then he's recently gotten kinda sniffly about cloris. but i think he's only been a huge mess at jethro in other ways...? i think jethro got to see the erskin fun ride of 'everything will be ok if you just keep moving' at its most horrific, but it seems like it's mostly been bel who was around to see the inevitable derailings.

the erskin fun ride of 'everything will be ok if you just keep moving' has definitely already started up again. go home, do schoolfeeds, figure out what to do next, do that next thing.

i think erskin's need to always be getting somewhere is actually something that could keep him and bel together, if bel gets smart about it? erskin wants challenges— go here, go there, get this, do that, push through, keep moving— and bel could pretty easily become the guy who sets those. i think erskin was already starting to orbit bel like that, in that bel gave him the most direction, until cloris showed up and gave him very clear directions.

• Like x 2
  12. roach

oh goddamn it i just remembered that erskin's sign is a comet, of course he's going to be all about orbiting people.

• Like x 2
  13. jacktrash

didn't erskin do some crying when they were at jethro's hive? there was the bathtime flipout, and then the hiding-under-the-table because cloris dreams are bad for you.

14. roach

Hm, i think that was more flaily snarling and posturing than anything else? I think erskin gets too busy puffing up and hissing when he's scared, to do any crying.

Now i gotta go check. Ill mail you a cookie if im wrong and misremembering.

15. jacktrash

omnom mail cookies

16. roach

Ok looks likd we're both right. He teared up in both situations but throttled the sniffling back as quickly as he could. So jethro's seen hime wipe his eyes a bit, but no outright crying fits? I guess when he does thats gonna be an Event.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2015
  17. jacktrash

i'm sorry buT YOUR FANTROLL IS TOO CUTE YOU'RE UNDER ARREST

18. roach

NO U
    *handcuffs us both*

19. jacktrash

BUT THEN WHO IS DRIVE THE CAR

roach i'm rotating my sleep schedule, what's your excuse :D

• Like x 2
  20. roach

I sleep in 3-4 hour stretches for whatever reason. Then I have water or crackers and poke the internet and conk out again. It works okay. Itd work better if i didnt poke the internet but i am a filthy internet junkie, so.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2015
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice