Boat Trolls planning thread! (full of spoilers, non-players enter at your own risk)

Discussion in 'Boat Trolls RP' started by jacktrash, Jun 14, 2015.

1. roach

roach hump rumpus professional

huh, i wonder if being able to turn into a wolf is good for nonverbal periods. at the very least you get to say GO AWAY IT'S QUIET TIME NOW by hiding under something and then biting anyone who wants to disagree with you.

• Like x 3
  2. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

i would very much enjoy the opportunity to try it out!

i have occasionally responded to overloady days by rolling myself in a blanket and responding to all provocation with NO I AM A BEAR AND I AM HIBERNATING and it is sometimes effective.

bel might not think of it unless erskin points out the possibility. he's got such a sense of duty and attachment to routine, and hates to change his plans, he's kind of terrible at self-care when his brain or body let him down.

• Like x 4
  3. roach

turns out googling 'dog drinking from cup' is as cute as you'd think it would be

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like x 4
  4. jacktrash

i was like "oh my god cute oh my god oh my god oh my THAT IS NOT A DOG"

i have been trolled :D

• Like x 3
  5. roach

what, the pointy-eared one second from the bottom? i guess it looks kinda like a cat but i'm certain it's just a chihuahua mix.

• Like x 3
  6. jacktrash

no, the one with the frizzy bangs. i am pretty sure that's janis joplin.

• Like x 1
  7. roach

it's very clever of janis joplin to train a dog to hold teacups up for her

• Like x 2
  8. jacktrash

ok i should definitely go to bed now.

• Like x 1
  9. roach

Year six is roughly equivalent to american fifth grade, and third year is like second grade. Erskin's admitting he can barely manage any multiplication and division, and is pretty fucking slow at subtraction. He's probably ok at fractions. He probably can't read a short story or essay for information, and he certainly can't write them. It'd be too tedious and frustrating. His grasp of geography and biology is probably pretty good, if patchy. Chemistry: nope. Physics: probably nope. Astronomy: patchy. Astrology: well-versed.

Basically he can't do anything that requires sitting there and cogitating? I think that's the word? Math, writing, strategy games, whatever.

10. jacktrash

i think bel is making a mental note not to tease him about that stuff because it would not be the fun kind of teasing.

11. jacktrash

you were just saying he's good at geography, surely he knows it's a thousand miles to calgary?

12. roach

I think in this AU erskin is utterly unashamed of his education and his mental limitations. So he can't do algebra? Fuck it! He's accomplished at everything he wants to do. I think it wouldn't be fun to tease him about it because there just wouldn't be any point, he wouldn't be at all defensive. Like his hippy rant at the start, he feels like other people have to explain their attachment to formal educations to him, and they never do it satisfactorially.

13. roach

he's still very bad at the concept of 'cars', haha. things he doesn't care about aren't real! so his initial plan was 'it's going to be four months or so to alaska' and he's still operating off those calculations. he wouldn't have realized he needed to make new ones, so he'll keep coming back to these weird-from-the-outside suppositions and assumptions about their upcoming journey.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2015
  14. jacktrash

15. roach

anyway in this case he's genuinely baffled and confused as to how it's all supposed to work. he's not arguing, he's genuinely requesting an explanation.

16. jacktrash

i think bel's a bit defensive because deep down he's panicking at the idea that erskin might be like "time to choose bro, me or your phone" and he'd have to either let Erskin go or completely isolate himself from his father and his resources and all that, and be totally dependent on erskin. he doens't consciously think erskin would do that, but he's still freaking out a bit.

i have no clue if either of them are preceptive enough to dig that one out.

• Like x 2
  17. roach

naw, erskin's a young man living exactly the life he wants to live, so he's going to be sort of smugly dislocated from why other people want to do stuff differently. but if he DID push off into the brush with nothing— which honestly he'd like to, it'd be uncomplicated— he'd be happy to show bel how to pack a little clip-on bag of supplies. bel could probably fit like phone, wallet, knife, lighter, wire-cutter, and skivvy roll in a large fanny pack and then carry it around his neck. i wonder if he'd be interested in trying that out some time, or if it's one of those YAY I'M NOT IN THE MILITARY AND DON'T HAVE TO MAKE DO WITH THE BAREST OF ESSENTIALS IN FUCKNOWHERESTAN ANYMORE things.

• Like x 2
  18. jacktrash

heh, it's a whole lotta that. he might be persuaded to try it in summer, once he's more convinced he can survive as a wolf. right now, i think he's just... he's been through some very rough shit, and his whole life's been rearranged, and he's not in any mood to make things harder on himself.

there's also probably a lot of pushback from his autism; changes are hard, especially changes to routines and procedures, and erskin's plan would have him inventing every second of his day from scratch. it would be emotionally exhausting. he's had to do that sort of thing before, and he was able to succeed by getting whittled down to a laser pinpoint of Purpose. discarding all the scaffolding of his life without any purpose to pull him through... no, i think he'd become very unpleasant to deal with.

• Like x 3
  19. jacktrash

they sure are less contentious in this au! look at the snugglebuddies d'aww :3

proposal: we just ff them to the northwoods. i figure they'll probably just rest and restock, then head up with plenty of time to spare so there's no chance of bel getting stuck wolf while in a populated area.

• Like x 2
  20. jacktrash

OH MY GOD HUGS ERSKIN SO MUCH

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice