Boat Trolls planning thread! (full of spoilers, non-players enter at your own risk)

Discussion in 'Boat Trolls RP' started by jacktrash, Jun 14, 2015.

1. roach

roach hump rumpus professional

haha ok tho like i am just imagining:

jethro: ok bro hi great to see you how's it going, why does the captain look like that
    bel: what, hot?
    jethro: y—no. like what's with his face?
    bel: idk, he got bit by monsters probably
    jethro: and the rest of him?
    bel: also monsters?
    jethro: and the knife scars
    bel: monsters with knives, i don't know!
    jethro: and the stunted growth? did monsters do that?
    bel: oh, no, he spent like five years catching lizards in the middle of hyperdeath desert because a shark ate his lusus so he tried to get our queen horrorterror to adopt him and she banished him from being anywhere near any coastlines ever apparently, also that's what's up with his leg, the shark ate that too, and then he had his surgeries sabotaged by an angry and embarrassed admiralty, among other assassination attempts like assigning him here in the first place and just hoping galley would blow him up, which didn't work because erskin's an obnoxiously charming and good-natured cinnamon bun who just wants to build parks and respect lowbloods and sing disney princess songs all fucking day.
    jethro: ....
    bel: do you need to sit down
    jethro: i need to sit down.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2015
    • Like x 10
  2. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

oh my GOD will you please tumblr this immediately

and then probably draw it as a cartoon i don't know

and bel's like "well i don't know about you but i find those traits very annoying and unrealistic and they make me want to punch him in the kidney" and jethro's like "why do you hate kittens and fun? nvm just tell me more about the captain and how wrecked and sweet he is" and bel's like "now i'm uncomfortable"

• Like x 7
  3. jacktrash

ps i'm too headachey and snot-filled to want to actually rp, but i still want there to be more erskin in my life today, can this be achieved at all?

4. roach

rp-ing or me drawing a comic...?

5. jacktrash

haha i don't even know? i just. want more erskin. *curls up like a cough-drop-stinky pillbug*

• Like x 1
  6. roach

i wanna know if it's possible to stick erskin into that shipwreck AU where bel crashes the sunslammer into the swamp planet and gets his brain fried to save galley

• Like x 1
  7. jacktrash

what if getting sent to salvage the wreck is the admiralty's way of getting rid of unwanted highbloods?

8. roach

huh! like salvage operations, or like a spy assignment...? some AU where erskin actually had his shit together enough to be a spy could be interesting, though god knows i wouldn't know how to write that!

maybe it's a situation of like 'the sunslammer went down on this little nominally-colonized nowhere planet, go figure out if the crew faked the crash and the locals are harboring an insurrection'

9. roach

that or erskin is already down with insurrectionists and is investigating the crash for his side, in hopes of finding a rebel crew already set up and likely to join up with The Cause

and then there's just a bristlingly hostile lowblood and a nervy screwloose ex-officer who's gotten his brain slagged, both of whom probably want to kill him in the face a lot.

• Like x 1
  10. jacktrash

i love the idea of erskin the actually-competent rebel, trying to figure out what to do with these shredded-up lunatics :D

• Like x 1
  11. jacktrash

he would not go pitch for bel probably in those circumstances, unless bel's moments of lucidity are frequent enough for him to display his obnoxious side...

• Like x 1
  12. roach

in another AU direction entirely, if we ever get tired of werewoofs maybe we should play that western AU. it would probably be more structured and plotty tho because like... there's less to just make the fuck up in an actual historical period rather than sci fi or present-day urban fantasy

BUT SIGH i am still very fond of the idea of sheriff bel being like 'this man has come to town specifically to ruin my life' and erskin being like 'I FOUND A RATTLESNAKE. IT'S IN THIS BOX. DO YOU WANT TO SEE!!!'

• Like x 5
  13. jacktrash

i think a lot of bel's reaction to erskin is envy -- erskin is so carefree and so able to ignore consequences, and that looks like a terrifying paradise to someone as uptight as bel.

• Like x 3
  14. roach

haha yeah especially in the western au, it's like all that cranked to a million? erskin is genuinely perky and chipper and flighty and obnoxiously good-natured because nothing bad has ever really happened to him, and probably won't. he just gets to wander all over the fucking desert drawing pictures of spiders and mailing them back to some royal fucking college of people who somehow care about spiders to get printed up so occassionaly a stagecoach can show up and give him money and awards and more glass cases to stick the fucking spiders into

they're not even cool spiders THEY'RE JUST THE REGULAR SPIDERS YOU GET OUT HERE. bel could write to the fucking royal college of sucking erskin's dick and be like 'YES, HELLO, WE HAVE SPIDERS, CAN I HAVE A THOUSAND POUNDS TOO, I COULD EVEN MENTION THE SCORPION I SAT ON YESTERDAY' but nooooo, they had to send erskin to go have a fucking look. and sit in the dirt like a little kid. a kid in bespoke trousers. with a little sketchbook. to draw the spiders. really handsomely, because he also uses some kind of absurd soap with lavender in it, and his hair smells nice when he sits in the sun.

TO DRAW SPIDERS.

edit: at some point bel finds a copy of Notable Flora And Fauna Of (insert state here) stuffed into his bookshelf between all his history and philosophy books and the frontspiece dedicates the book to him and he has to sit down

Last edited: Dec 17, 2015
    • Like x 10
  15. roach

finally thought of what to put as the next bit in the space navy au, so hopefully they're set up and can do... medical... stuff.....?? idk, i kinda miss jethro, does he not attend sigmah's surgeries? whatever bits of that you want to skip we can switch to erskin's perspective, he doesn't know what the hell is going on so it'd be easy to summarize.

anyway pls dont feel pressured to suddenly go work on that thread now, take care of your sniffly-ass self for as long as you need.

• Like x 2
  16. roach

for your consideration: an AU where Erskin's an Orphaner and has come to take down Eagledad

17. jacktrash

oh noooo poor bel would have to kill erskin i'm cry

18. roach

haha yeah that wouldn't go well.

FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION: bel is still a planetary marine, erskin is a threshecutioner come to check on how they're all doing, but is actually for real an insurrectionist secret agent come to scout for potential converts, and he and bel have a lot of really interesting conversations in his tent. also some junk-to-junk conversations.

• Like x 3
  19. jacktrash

i like that one MUCH better. :D

20. roach

couple thoughts:

-we have too many AUs but the planetary marine AU where Bel's again on his home turf with all his friends and subordinates and Erskin is the outsider still sounds fun to me. As is the idea that Bel is like OH NO A GRENADE and Erskin is like 'right!' and hops on it and Bel is like OH NO MY FEELINGS but Erskin is fine. Grenades do not work on seadwellers. He probably just sits up with his hair all frazzled, laughing.

-On the subject of other cute things in the Werewolf AU, if we can think of any excuses, I'd like to play through a little more of Alex dealing with Erskin and Bel being woofs. IDK, Alex is just very cute. And woof Erskin is probably a very weird, cute, strange thing to deal with, living in your house, chewing your pillows, fetching your newspapers, biting your son's tail when he's not expecting it. What if after a few days, when they drove up to the park, it was because Bel himself was starting to notice it was starting to be more of a conscious effort to stay human? Like he could stay human the whole week up till the day of the full moon, but it was because he was increasingly focused on doing so, and this time he realizes like he doesn't have to do that, or be scared of it or resentful or anything.

-should Aud and I patch the contents of the google doc of Lu's space navy au adventures into that thread? or just link to it in a post. not sure which would look better.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2016
    • Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice