Boat Trolls planning thread! (full of spoilers, non-players enter at your own risk)

Discussion in 'Boat Trolls RP' started by jacktrash, Jun 14, 2015.

1. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

shall i edit bel's post then?

2. roach

roach hump rumpus professional

naw! bel can sort of... enter there...? maybe? in your next post?

3. roach

maybe bel can read whatever prior message thread / logs there were. idk.

4. jacktrash

i have tabletop gaming so i am outie for the eve, laters!

• Like x 1
  5. roach

so whenever you get back, i think erskin's been moderately reassured nothing's on fire and no one's hiding it from him, so bel can bow out and let jethro get back to work, if you want. hearing about a couple small problems is infinitely better than no one wanting to tell you about any problems at all, so you're stuck imagining really big ones.

6. roach

Btw for convenience lets have jethro able to see the logs of prior VR happenings, so he knows what bel and erskin said to eachother and we dont have to do much repeating.

Unless thats some big unethical privacy thing?

Last edited: Jan 23, 2016
  7. jacktrash

i think since they're just handing the same headset back and forth the logs would be viewable, yeah.

eeeeee twitch and lu are so CUTE and i really really want pancho to kick sal's ass for being such a creepo. and also for bel to meet lu and reassure her that he's not going to send her back to cloris.

• Like x 1
  8. roach

aud and i were definitely thinking about how hot it would be for pancho to be like 'oh, right, sure, of course ms rich and scary vampire, i'm definitely intimidated enough to give you your scrawny miserable fucked up child sex toy back right away, just sit tight—' and then like, BREAK HER FACE.

• Like x 6
  9. roach

oh huh sudden notion: maybe this could be the universe pancho comes down with a bad case of being a vampire now. i always thought it'd be an interesting plot! pancho does not get to freak out and have problems enough in my opinion. everyone should get their fair share of freakouts and problems. she is deprived.

• Like x 4
  10. jacktrash

i think i like both of those ideas! i'm not sure pancho could take cloris in a fight, but she could definitely inconvenience her. in the face. with an axe.

edit: and vampire pancho could twist cloris's head right off.

• Like x 6
  11. roach

by the way, the artist i'm drawing from, for captain aspera's miserable stressed-out subconscious, is zdzisław beksiński, which, try to say that three times fast. or at all. he never titled any of his paintings, but said of them that he wanted to paint as if he was photographing nightmares. he was a good dude who had a sad life and a lot of good-looking nightmares.

i have really, really vivid nightmares all the time— don't know why! would like to stop!—so something about all this horrible stuff is incredibly reassuring. like these are postcards, tourist photos, from somewhere you were, too. you can point at them and say 'yeah, there, like that'. you've got something to point to.

shrug! i don't mean to get too morbid or poetic. humans are pretty cool is all.

• Like x 3
  12. jacktrash

it's really interesting and evocative! bel genuinely liked it, the big goth, though he recognized it was uncomfortable for erskin. jethro, i think, has much simpler and more realistic nightmares (suddenly chainsaw accident!) and doesn't understand, he's just uneasy.

• Like x 1
  13. roach

ok throwing out two possibilities!

1- pancho fights cloris to a standstill, gets killed, comes back extra shiny and pissed off and totally shreds her. then they all pick up the pieces.

2- pancho actually died in combat during the sweep she and bel were apart. since she got better, she kind of... put off... having that conversation with him. she seems like a really practical, forthright character, but i think texting your absent moirail like 'so, i died,' is kind of a big deal, especially byronic fussbag moirail like bel! so maybe she kept putting it off for the right jam, and never got around to it. the conversation is forced when she starts glowing in her fight with cloris.

• Like x 4
  14. jacktrash

i like the latter! because it's a surprise, it's super theatrical, it shows she and bel do have some stuff to work on, and because if she got killed bel would flip his everloving shit and vaporize cloris with heavy weaponry, depriving pancho (and us) of the revenge fight.

• Like x 5
  15. roach

oh, good, i like 2 also, i am a big fan of telenovela REVEALS. i could see her talking herself into it in a very practical way, like, she's ok, it's ok, everything is ok, this is just one more secret jadeblood thing, no big deal, and telling bel about it is just going to upset him needlessly. she can bring it up when she knows he isn't going to pull some olympic-level flipout over it. (so basically never)

btw added notes on erskin's post a little later than you posted jethro's reply, if you want to look at that and edit?

16. jacktrash

nah, grownup jethro's a bit more reserved and professional, he wouldn't poke at the distressface even if it's really obvious. he's just trying to be practical and help erskin be more comfortable, at least for now.

17. jacktrash

also, sadly, he's been mostly trained out of that cute accent. :(

• Like x 1
  18. roach

the REAL tragedy of the piece!

anyway, maybe this is how erskin's funky psi-nul status effects the vr rig, it's easier for him to be the whole dreamscape than stand in it as a small programmed-in entity? or just a lot of cascading errors... as if he's a videogame character that keeps clipping straight through all the walls and wandering around inside and behind the levels. if that's heading too far into 'special snowflake' territory or just 'confusingly unfun' we can reign it back in.

• Like x 1
  19. jacktrash

i think if he's unable to use the avatar it'd shove the story off onto jethro having to figure out why the neural link and/or vr setup aren't working right for erskin. since the whole point of using it is to provide coherent sensory input during chemo. if the sensory input he's getting isn't coherent, it might be too dangerous to start chemo without figuring that out... and then he's in the tank an extra week and it's just fussing.

20. roach

good point! ok, we'll shelve Nightmare Playtimes for a later plot.

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice