Boat Trolls planning thread! (full of spoilers, non-players enter at your own risk)

Discussion in 'Boat Trolls RP' started by jacktrash, Jun 14, 2015.

1. roach

roach hump rumpus professional

bel: are we boyfriends
    erskin: jfc we haven't known each other a month
    bel: boyfriends <3<3<3
    erskin: ....yeah ok <3

• Like x 2
  2. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

they're so cute i can't take it

3. jacktrash

i don't think we need a particularly detailed timeskip, we know what they're up to. stopping every couple-three days to hunt/fish and have a lie-in, i think the loop will take them two weeks. bel can do 30 miles a day easy on dry trail, but it's snowy and they're not pushing, so he'll probably average 15.

• Like x 1
  4. jacktrash

danger time the next day?

• Like x 1
  5. roach

Just to confirm, erskin hangs out as a human only at night, and travels as a woof during the day. No spare shoes for him even if he wanted to try!

6. jacktrash

i think erskin would notice the 'fellow hiker' first, being in the form with better smell and hearing.

it is above freezing irl right now too, so i am going to go for a short walk. back in less than an hour.

7. roach

There, i figure with the focus on 'keep a deer hunter from taking a potshot at erskin' theyll both be surprised when the guy pegs bel. Plus a lead or a bright bandanna will work against erskin if he flees.

8. jacktrash

you are describe/play the hunter?

9. roach

oh, okay, if you want me to!

10. jacktrash

i think it'll be more fun to do the fighty bits if i'm not writing both sides of the fight, is all.

11. jacktrash

were the bullets silver, or only the bayonet?

12. roach

i'm not really up on ammo or artillery, but i'm doing what research i can! the handgun bullets were silver-tipped, shotgun bullets probably can't be— or at least not very safely— and the bayonet is plated. he has other silver plated knives too, plus stiff leather armor protecting his forearms, wrists, lower legs, and thighs under the baggy hunter camo.

13. jacktrash

ooh, if he's a pretty good knife fighter, they could have a knife fight. :D

14. jacktrash

army sf (aka green berets) melee training seems to be mostly about getting the other guy on the ground so you can strike a finishing blow.

15. jacktrash

btw, bel will get meaner as he loses blood, but a threat to erskin will accelerate it. if you like that sort of thing. :D

16. roach

army sf does a lot more clever tripping and throwing maneuvers than wolves, probably, but i think werewolf hunters are incredibly paranoid about getting pulled to the ground— once you're down, the wolves start pulling out your throat and guts, you never get back up. so he'd be really, really cautious about letting bel grab him. and also probably want to destroy bel's hands, the most dangerous bits of a human, so he'd be specifically stabbing at bel's hands, rather than trying to extend himself further into bel's reach to attack anything more 'vital'. he absolutely wouldn't be closing in with big telegraphed swipes like the Bad Guy in that video. he'd want to sever fingers and maul the wrists, so i guess, if anything, he'd be waiting for bel to try to trip or throw him, then hacking away.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2016
  17. roach

i think a long, frightening, miserable fight would be better? narratively? bel would be getting worried and losing blood, the hunter's trying to play it really safe and just maul bel incrementally until he's got an opening to shotgun him in the heart or face, or until bel transforms and can be dealt with in a more practiced way. so bel would have a hard time closing in or running, and just kind of have to keep doing his best to look for an opening to get a knife away from him or something. or transform and hope he can soak up the damage incurred by just bowling the guy straight over and hoping he can chomp the guy's throat before he gets his head cut off.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2016
    • Like x 1
  18. jacktrash

i have tabletop gaming tonight, so i must vanish at 6. nngggg this is so exciting tho!

• Like x 1
  19. jacktrash

i would not be surprised if the shotgun jammed, after bel hit the guy with it. then they could go on fighting! must go gaming now tho.

20. roach

If Bel shoots him with the shotgun it will transpire he's wearing kevlar, so it won't be an instakill, but it will probably turn a lot of his ribs into toothpicks, right? Bel could finish him off after that, or at least close in.

As for the no-talking thing, I figure that hunters talking to, or taunting, werewolf targets are kind of rookie. It'd be too easy to get caught up in some hollywood exchange of wits and then have the werewolf surprise you. Also, this kind of hunter isn't out to negotiate, so he's closed off to listening to begging or bargaining or attempts by the werewolf to pretend that they're an innocent human.

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice