Boat Trolls planning thread! (full of spoilers, non-players enter at your own risk)

Discussion in 'Boat Trolls RP' started by jacktrash, Jun 14, 2015.

1. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

what about that organization he offered bel a job with? could they take over the investigation?

2. roach

roach hump rumpus professional

yeah! i feel like if one of their trusted supernatural agents was like 'so hey we've got a gang of murderous yahoos that are taking out every werewolf they can find, and they shot my kid, and they shot everone associated with him' that agency would be like 'okay let's rain down some hellfire.'

• Like x 3
  3. jacktrash

oh my god and the poor local cops are like "this is a resort town we scold teenagers for drinking i don't know how to deal with this"

they'd be so relieved

• Like x 7
  4. jacktrash

[​IMG]

+

[​IMG]

= a very weird statement about america

• Like x 7
  5. roach

haha ok but can you imagine bel and erskin in wolf shape, done up in red white and blue ribbons and posed somewhere for a glurgey 4th of july pic? like with a picnic basket and a plastic pie. erskin at least would think that was pretty funny.

• Like x 4
  6. jacktrash

oh my god, bel would not be at all sure whether he got the joke but he'd go along with it for erskin's sake, and pancho would be ROLLING.

• Like x 3
  7. roach

now i am just imagine erskin soulfully sticking his tongue out just a little, for the camera. he is the cutest. it is him.

• Like x 2
  8. roach

red wolves really vary over how much black they have in their coat and how much white they have on their face. erskin's family is particularly tri-colored, rather than being mostly-reddish or mostly-greyish. the look is a well-defined white mask and eyebrows, foxy ears, a lot of black on the shoulders and haunches and a gradient on the foreleg stripes. .

[​IMG] [​IMG]

it definitely gives him a more doggish 'look', which doesn't earn him points with timber wolf families but does get him more pats at a dog park.

[​IMG]

tbh it would be cute if pancho got a very dark forehead and looked like an imperator, just saying. imperator furry-osa.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
    • Like x 5
  9. jacktrash

i'm in

• Like x 1
  10. roach

also, a detail that is to me very cute: you can see the coyote-derived dorsal striping in all the wolves up there, the dark arc behind the shoulders. it's absent on most grey wolves, a lot of red wolves, and some coyotes, but to me it's super adorable.

[​IMG]

so snazzy!

[​IMG]

this jackal is just showing off tho.

• Like x 4
  11. jacktrash

smol deadly woof sibs = <3 <3 <3

12. jacktrash

i must sleep!

• Like x 1
  13. roach

weird, erskin's got a whole new person to do Wolf 101 with. i bet bel is going to enjoy being Not The Noob Anymore.

also, pancho's going to have a welcome-to-werewolfing experience interestingly different from bel, who was turned by accident, lost his entire social structure, and had to go it alone for five or six scary and lonely months. pancho was turned due to enemy action, but now has buddies to help her get acclimated. like reggie, i guess, she's got a supportive social structure right from the start. even if finding out 'so hey, you're going to be low-key at war for the rest of your life' has got to suck.

eta: huh i just realized that bel had no idea, did he? he just kind of knew erskin was sort of high-strung, but was still thinking, like 'i'm not a soldier anymore, no more combat action for me'. and erskin's definitely not a soldier. but he's grown up living pretty dangerously... he's a civilian, but more like the civilians of occupied nations rather than like, americans. combat isn't something you sign up to go and do, it's something that comes and happens to you.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
    • Like x 5
  14. roach

totally random tangent post but i miss jethro<>erskin, i wanna do more romantic tension some time, they're fuckin adorable

the first couple days space navy erskin is recovering outside his medical pod are going to be super interesting to play through, i bet. unless lainey just sits on him. which she will definitely want to.

• Like x 1
  15. roach

ok so last night i was thinking about erskin/jethro, and what if, in the VR simulator, erskin starts out talking about his desert adventures as a kid to distract himself, and then sort of accesses the 'minecraft' module when trying to sketch out his little rock fortress for jethro. and then gets obsessively carried away with this thought of, 'i could have done so much better, with everything i know now, i could have built this and that and gardened properly and done it right' and pours himself into building big palace/farm/walled city over a couple days as a catharsis, (and also because this erskin is a workaholic who needs something big to do).

and then like, at the end, he actually breaks down and admits to jethro how much those sweeps affected him, and how sad he is about it, and how scared and angry he is now, and all his insecurities. because he hasn't had time to really think about jethro as one of his 'crew', jethro's now just about the only guy erskin knows who isn't either a dependent or an adversary. jethro is just kind of there, part of the VR program, not a real person who captain aspera has to watch out for.

later, when jethro turns out to really actually be a real person who's stuck around, this is a big problem for erskin's emotions.

• Like x 10
  16. jacktrash

i love it entirely. :D

• Like x 1
  17. roach

btw i know you've probably just been busy and taking care of yourself, but if you're stuck on smth let me know and i'll edit it or do another post or whatever.

18. jacktrash

i've p much just been super overloaded. people keep being Unexpectedly In Town and seebs keeps inviting them over. my mental focus is like an elderly flashlight with failing batteries and vaseline on the lens.

• Like x 4
  19. rainbowbarnacle

rainbowbarnacle Cat Aggrandizer

lemme know if you want or need anything for treats or whatnot tomorrow, we'll be at the store and stuff <3

20. roach

aw, pats! that sounds rough, i hope things even out for you soon.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice