Boat Trolls planning thread! (full of spoilers, non-players enter at your own risk)

Discussion in 'Boat Trolls RP' started by jacktrash, Jun 14, 2015.

1. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

ok so i'm hella sleep deprived and distracted but i miss these dorks and i wanna play, help me figure out what physical therapy jethro would be doing with him and how a kind and decent but hemoegalitarian troll would approach this whole galaxy's biggest pale crush thing

• Like x 1
  2. roach

roach hump rumpus professional

hmm! ok. erskin's gotten really atrophied, which i think means his control over not breaking things is going to be really erratic. he's still got the whole steel-boned superstrength thing when it comes to crushing and pulling things, but now he's light and uncoordinated, and somehow his strength has never really applied to holding himself up. because handwavium troll physics. erskin would be eager to fix his coordination and control issues first, then fix his balance and stamina in walking, then bulk up, in that order, though of course he'd be really impatient to get everything done all at once immediately.

one thing i think could be a good issue for their first session, is erskin uses his cane really incorrectly. he tries to use it like a smaller crutch, so it's too long and on the same side of his bad leg, which throws everything further out of alignment and gives him shoulder aches he just thinks are part of the package. so jethro could be like 'whoah hold up wait who taught you to do it like this, nvm, probably no one gave you any instruction whatsoever, right' and help him out with learning to use it on the right side and at the right length and have the right gait. which probably needs some practice. maybe they could do a lap around the outside of erskin's hivesuite, then go back to the tidepool biome to practice on uneven terrain and get snacks?

• Like x 1
  3. roach

also i don't really know how jethro would manage this, but i'd like to draw things out a little longer than the standard 'it's been an hour so our two RP characters are married now', haha. maybe deciding to shelve the crush until erskin isn't necessarily dependent on him for help, and thus could (more romantically) depend on him voluntarily? maybe trying to build a friendship before angling for a quadrant?

for his part, captain aspera's back to 'no creeping on subordinates' which for him means 'sex is a fun recreational activity to share with your pals but emotional intimacy is OFF LIMITS'. he wouldn't demand his subordinate's secrets or confidences, and he wouldn't make his feelings their problems, either.

he expects the regular level of friendly hostility from his close-knit, confident crew, and gives back the unabashed niceness of a really well-established ruler. he's too secure in his command to bother with bluster or threats, much less violence. i assume jethro's great at reading people, and wouldn't have any problem seeing all this. not sure what conclusions he'd draw about it, due to the hemoegalitarian thing.

Last edited: May 24, 2016
    • Like x 3
  4. jacktrash

yeah, i think jethro would also wanna hold off on any kind of overtures until they're no longer in a patient/therapist relationship. righto, i will attempt the thing!

• Like x 1
  5. jacktrash

i have to inflict jethro's workout outfit on you because he's a nerd, pretend the awkward capri track pants are olive too

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like x 2
  6. jacktrash

i am a tired, i'm gonna bow out for the night. maybe hit the sack early.

• Like x 2
  7. roach

good luck w ur sleeps!

• Like x 1
  8. roach

i'm so spaced out tonight and busy with draws i keep forgetting to finish writing my posts! and then when i do finish i forget to click 'post'. whoooops. it's not for lack of enjoying what's going on tho.

• Like x 1
  9. jacktrash

it's no prob, i am v occupied with petting my cat and theoretically with laundry although the truth is fuck laundry

10. roach

ugh fuck laundry right in the ear. i went and scrubbed a lot of my tank tops in the bathtub, like a savage, rather than enact the Ritual Quarter Hunt And Going Up And Down The Stairs Four Times Event. laundry is the worst.

also it's time for erskin to hash out the completely un-hash-outable red-pale reacharound lainey and arguus and erskin have going on, bwee!

• Like x 3
  11. jacktrash

i decided udon is better than laundry. i poached an egg in it. this means i am the winner of everything and laundry can just go wash itself.

• Like x 3
  12. jacktrash

jethro knows a party boat when he sees one

• Like x 4
  13. roach

ok i am snooze -_-

• Like x 1
  14. jacktrash

shit i forgot murfey's handle and quirk, do you remember it?

15. roach

okay as near as i can tell from a search, you've never established it. i just thought i couldn't remember! make something up i guess.

16. roach

isn't 8 good luck in chinese? and 88 because it looks a bit like the sign for happiness, i think. why not substitute his o's with 8's? and maybe the other letters with capslock, for boldness.

Last edited: May 26, 2016
  17. jacktrash

i decided to use zeros instead of 8's, because the chinese dragon chases the flaming pearl, you know

• Like x 1
  18. jacktrash

i edited to put in erskin's right trollhandle. jethro offered to deliver crabs to murfey, did you miss that?

19. roach

figuring out captain aspera's level of misspellings is a fun ongoing challenge. like he's doing his best so it can't be anything stupid, just like, the right idea in the wrong place. of course, he knows full well that capitalizing any important words isn't how you do it, so that's just his quirk.

20. roach

i did! i'll edit.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice