Boat Trolls planning thread! (full of spoilers, non-players enter at your own risk)

Discussion in 'Boat Trolls RP' started by jacktrash, Jun 14, 2015.

1. roach

roach hump rumpus professional

i like that answer, that's a good answer. but idk if i want to play a werecoyote right now. ):

2. roach

edit: okay she's half or a quarter were, she doesn't know why it happens, it's not very useful. she and erskin can be on team 'are hands really that great anyway' and bel can be frowny.

• Like x 2
  3. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

let's file it away for another time then!

• Like x 1
  4. jacktrash

aww yiss coyote friend

• Like x 1
  5. roach

interesting fact i just found out from googling:

In the wild, coyotes live between 10-14 years. In captivity they are known to live much longer, as many as 20 years.

Wolves in the wild have an average life span of six to eight years, but wolves have been known to live up to 13 years in the wild and 16 years in captivity.
    coyotes live a lot longer than wolves, apparently. i wonder if it's because they're a little more solitary and go after smaller game? so they have less fights... i also wonder if this is why coyotes are thought to be smarter— not only have humans been artificially selecting for clever and adaptable coyotes, but the average coyote encountered is going to be a lot more experienced than the average wolf.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2016
    • Like x 2
  6. jacktrash

huh, interesting!

7. roach

ok im sleepy, i'm snooze

8. jacktrash

9. roach

ok, i'm gonna snooze i think

10. jacktrash

11. roach

thought of the day: even in human shape, coneflower is going to be in the situation of a feral human. it's probably too late for her to learn much verbal language, since she's not a child. probably the best chance for actual socialization would be with werewolves, but even then, almost no werewolves are raised in such a vacuum that they don't learn a human language too, even the quarter-human werewolves that rarely change. still, her introduction to people won't be nearly as overwhelming and terrifying as it would be to a lot of totally-neglected feral children, because she is able to communicate in magical werewolf-ese.

also because the Agency probably knows not to stress out mysterious and interesting new beings. some of them explode. some of them curse your head off.

• Like x 1
  12. jacktrash

did coneflower screw up their hunting, or do they just suck at barns?

13. roach

coneflower definitely doesn't know how to hunt together with wolves. some coyotes hunt cooperatively but she wouldn't have learned. she might have figured out how to team up with badgers, coyotes do that sometimes.

but in this case, i just don't think a really old barn would have that many rodents around, because there wasn't any more extra grain, and the groundcover would be sparse. and if surprised, the mice would run for boltholes dug into the ground inside the barn, rather than run out of the barn, so they'd be gone before the wolves could come around a wall.

even foxes don't get every mouse they chase, and wolves are much larger: noiser and less delicate. in some spaces there's a lot of little rodents to chase and pounce, but even there, mouse-hunting isn't a sustainable occupation for a creature like bel, he's 200 lb of fit guy trying to live off maybe a half dozen taquitos a day— taquitos he had to spend hours stalking and pouncing. it's probably not even sustainable even for the smaller and more practiced erskin, he does it as a supplement to anything else he can get.

• Like x 1
  14. roach

i think erskin is used to being hungry, and spending most of his time trying unsuccessfully to get his next meal, while hunting to survive is a pretty new thing for bel. he might not have ever actually been in this kind of situation? though i guess if he got ranger training in the military, living off the land would be an education module. but i think mostly he'd be assured of getting steady rations.

15. roach

it could be funny if they spend all day not catching anything big enough to be filling to bel— like, only ever a mouthful or two, even when successful, so it's almost more frustrating than not catching anything— and erskin is like 'eh yeah, that's kind of how it goes' and by the next night they find like, a deer that got hit by a car, and bel is hungry enough to be like YES OK I NOW UNDERSTAND THE APPEAL OF MEAT SOMETHING ELSE KILLED.

additional suggestion: the car that hit the deer is still there and bel steals someone's iphone.

• Like x 3
  16. jacktrash

i've been writing him as not very hungry just because they've been eating so well up til now, and i think wolves don't have to eat every day. he would definitely not be too squeamish to eat fresh roadkill, btw.

17. roach

yeah wolves regularly go a day without eating. sometimes they go a week, though i think not by choice. so they gorge whenever they can.

18. jacktrash

omg coneflower is such a cutie butt

19. jacktrash

aright i'm going to attempt a sleeps.

20. Erskin Aspera

Erskin Aspera flintlockGallivant

coneflower is the most important person in this RP

• Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice