Boat Trolls planning thread! (full of spoilers, non-players enter at your own risk)

Discussion in 'Boat Trolls RP' started by jacktrash, Jun 14, 2015.

1. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

what if they went to erskin's family for 'how to raise baby woofs' lessons and met his moms

• Like x 2
  2. roach

roach hump rumpus professional

very important

also the kids would be half red wolf and half russian speznaz wolf and i have no idea which genes from either of them would be dominant. i was trying to figure out earlier whether or not black fur in wolves is dominant and still kinda have to conclude 'lol idk'. maybe some would be red-wolf small but stocky and dark, and some would be lightly built and really fucking fluffy, etc. it might not be hard to tell the kids apart if they each came out with a different combination of coat and traits.

• Like x 2
  3. jacktrash

omg noisy baby <3 <3

their human forms would definitely be the prettiest of anyone. all tall and tan with various combos of blue eyes, hazel eyes, curly hair, and freckles. scottish/greek/black/mexican maximum hybrid vigor.

• Like x 2
  4. roach

okay i collected a bunch of kid wolf pics, i tried to aim for about the same stage of development because i wanted to compare builds

[​IMG]
    ethiopian wolf puppies

[​IMG]
    coyote

[​IMG]
    red wolf

[​IMG]
    grey wolf

[​IMG]
    'tundra' wolf

[​IMG]
    timber/grey wolf

[​IMG]
    arctic

[​IMG]
    (maybe) arctic

edit:

[​IMG]
    MANED WOLF (not actually a wolf) getting started on her stilts early

i can start putting photosets under cuts if they're obnoxious to scroll past

Last edited: Jul 13, 2016
    • Like x 6
  5. jacktrash

they're not obnoxious they're adorable. the tundra woofs look the closest to how i envision bel, with their solid legs and big feet.

6. roach

ok final photoset for now but i think this is interesting:

[​IMG]

baby red wolf

[​IMG]
    newborn grey wolves

red wolves already have their eyes open and their fur coloring in by the time they're the same size as blind newborn grey wolves. it's one thing to read about pounds and ounces and another thing to actually see it.

• Like x 5
  7. jacktrash

BOUQUET OF PUPPIES GIMME

• Like x 2
  8. jacktrash

i'm gonna space out on minecraft, so my replies will be probably pretty far between for the rest of today.

• Like x 2
  9. Erskin Aspera

Erskin Aspera flintlockGallivant

erskin is going to be really reluctant to go anywhere after this. why would he want to go anywhere that doesn't contain 250 lb of deer carcass?

• Like x 3
  10. roach

to ping-pong back to discworld for a minute, i think one of the things that appeals about that AU for me is i really like the three-way split in erskin's character between 'arrogant war-prince', 'artsy goofball', and 'traumatized mess'... plus the way bel can be pissed off by each aspect. playing with erskin as a discworld vampire kind of feels like it would crank all those knobs up to eleven, and also put bel in very in a handsome uniform with armor on.

even if we don't play it, i should probably at least draw them.

• Like x 3
  11. jacktrash

i will never say no to roach arts, especially of these two. :D

the guard uniform is a roman style tunic, isn't it? i am imagining guard bel walking proceeding down the street thoroughfare and 90% of the women and 10% of the men walk into walls because they're looking at his legs.

• Like x 4
  12. jacktrash

ps bel has a hero crush on captain carrot. he would never ever say anything because that might make carrot and/or angua uncomfortable, but it is super obvious anyway.

because of this, he gets well embroiled in having to have at least a minor tiff with erskin every day or it feels wrong, for quite some time, before he realizes "oh crap i am slightly in love with that jerk"

• Like x 5
  13. roach

the guard uniform is pretty cute! in a lot of illustrations it's leather jerkin, a breastplate, helmet, chainmail sleeves and skirts, maybe some extra leather strip armoring, knee length trousers, and boots. also maybe a cape/cloak. so yeah it would a) show his legs off to great effect and b) make his chest look good too. good job bel picking the best service.

meanwhile, the vampires wear fancy suits. a lot of discworld fashion looks like the victorian era uncertainly made out with a ren faire. i like it.

• Like x 6
  14. roach

"You'd feel bad about stealing from farmers if it was a car or a phone, maybe even a winter coat, but you doubt anyone will go hungry just because a jar of peanut butter disappeared."

newspaper headline in podunk, north dakota: NAKED WOLF MAN STOLE MY PEANUT BUTTER!

• Like x 8
  15. roach

also man in the discworld AU, i feel like vimes would be like Nonspecifically Disgruntled about bel when he found out the guy had signed on— because of course he doesn't do the hiring himself anymore. like, he already has one big handsome perfect justice-minded royal guy in the watch, that's carrot, they're full up.

he'd be even more Disgruntled to find out from sybil that bel is now his second cousin once removed by marriage and that he should be nice to the kid next time they're trapped in a ball together.

(the final Disgruntlement: bel makes the fancy tights look fuckin good. no watchman should be caught dead looking good in fancy tights. vimes will wear them if threatened hard enough but he sure as fuck won't look good in them and no one can make him.)

• Like x 4
  16. roach

also did some quick math, say vimes was a very grizzled 38— middle age for a lowborn tradesman—when carrot was 16, and so when carrot himself is a much more handsome and distinguished 38, vimes would be at the end of his original life expectancy at 60, but wealthy and healthy and possibly thaumically important enough that he's going to keep kicking until he's 90.

anyway in this au carrot could totally be a silver fox senpai to an 18-20ish bel, is all i'm saying.

• Like x 4
  17. roach

"how old are you, von aspera?"
    "i'm eighteen!"
    "and how long have you been eighteen?"
    "about half a bloody year now, fuck off!"

• Like x 8
  18. roach

okay sorry to keep making so many posts but like what if bel still outranks vimes in nobility and is completely overwhelmed by terror to be trapped in a ball with vimes where everyone is going to make a point of that oh god what if his commander has to bow to him OH GOD. meanwhile vimes is getting kind of a kick slowly following bel around as bel tries desperately to always be on the opposite side of the room, so they don't meet and force the issue. vimes gets bel stuck in a potted plant and quietly gives himself ten points.

• Like x 8
  19. jacktrash

I MADE THE WEIRDEST NOISE

bel has no trouble handling people wanting him to scheme against vimes or spy on him or whatever, he's been trained to deal with politicking, but dissapointing mister vimes is not a thing you can ever be prepared for, and he is terrified. he wants so much to make vimes and carrot proud.

• Like x 3
  20. roach

haha yes he has Painfully Earnest Cadet stamped all over him. sybil has to smack vimes on the arm after vimes steers bel into a corner and then entertainedly watches bel try to pretend he just happens to really like looking at this one pillar in particular. two thirds of the guests at the ball are scared of crossing vimes, but only bel is scared of disappointing him.

• Like x 5
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice