Boat Trolls planning thread! (full of spoilers, non-players enter at your own risk)

Discussion in 'Boat Trolls RP' started by jacktrash, Jun 14, 2015.

1. roach

roach hump rumpus professional

not the punchline she was hoping for!

2. roach

erskin would also kind of about face from upset YOU HAVE A RESPONSIBILITY TO THE SHIP TO FOLLOW SAFETY REGULATIONS to 'oh uh. can i get you anything? you keeping your iron levels up?' he is such a mom.

• Like x 4
  3. roach

reminders for more plots

4. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

oh my god evil twins would be hilarious, what even would those be like

5. roach

what if erskin's beforan dancestor wasn't allowed to take care of lowbloods because he'd failed his tests and was considered much too irresponsible to do it right. and so was like a completely shallow, frivolous, irresponsible dilettante tourist. what would bel's beforan counterpart be like? a fussy, perfectionist librarian? a really pretentious poet? i liked that a lot of the beforans in the comic were still assholes. trolls will always be assholes.

also idk if erskin's dancestor guy should be called halley, after halley's comet, or kesil, (plus another letter somewhere), after the old testament/torah name for the constellation orion, the hunter, which is כסיל, k-s-l, the fool.

troll names are a lot of fun to work on tho.

• Like x 2
  6. jacktrash

you could name him oriion...

hm, bel's dancestor needs a cool name and i feel like several options are on the tip of my brain, but i have been Cog Fog Guy for quite some time and then on top of that i've either got a cold or my allergies are playing up, it feels like i am incubating alien eggs in my maxillary sinus. soooo clever thoughts are not happening.

i was hoping i'd be able to rp today but i dun think i can. :C

• Like x 1
  7. roach

wasn't bel's regular ancestor aengus? i always thought that was a play on angus beef. cuz he's a beefcake.

with the kesil name for erskin's ancestor, i specifically like the flip from (modern) hunter to (ancient) fool. it's a metapun, which is one of my favorite kinds of pun. i could try to think of something clever for bel's beforan counterpart, though again, i'm not quite sure what he'd be like other than 'nerdy' and 'a big fusspot'.

• Like x 2
  8. roach

btw it's kind of esoteric but Mount Kazbek is a mountain in the Caucus range where (according to local mythology) Prometheus was chained for the eagle to eat his liver. if you wanted to keep the link going of eagles/forbidden knowledge/mountains/ice for Kadroses, i nominate this name. it also sounds cool.

Kazbek Kadros.

• Like x 4
  9. jacktrash

ooh, i LIKE that.

although he could just be named aengus. lots of people headcanon that the ancestors and dancestors have the same name -- i.e. psii's real name is mituna, etc -- and aengus is fun. it's actually a play on angus young, schoolboy from hell

[​IMG]

• Like x 1
  10. roach

11. roach

i remember ages back we were talking about, erskin's ancestor was a spy for the summoner, and aengus ended up with his haunted skull. like this badass decorated military commander and a smol dead idiot revolutionary sitting on his desk, heckling him. frankly i still think that's cool and we should do it.

• Like x 4
  12. roach

important question if erskin ever met his ancestor how much would bel want to see them kiss

• Like x 3
  13. jacktrash

at least 5 much

• Like x 2
  14. roach

what if they bonk into a star trek style Stupid Time Travel Device and get dumped into the Janissary's company for a little while

bel is like 'OH GOSH WOW' and erskin is like 'you two should kiss'

actually erskin would be too busy rolling around in the grass like an ecstatic puppy for like a whole night. then he would be like 'you two should kiss'.

• Like x 1
  15. roach

man that's actually a really interesting conundrum to think about actually? the sunslammer's captain erskin is incredibly useless for combat: flinchy, untrained, undisciplined, soft-hearted, and short-sighted.

he's also able to do damage on the level of an industrial garbage compactor should he actually manage to grab hold of anyone under the level of 'fuckhuge subjugglator' while pissed off.

• Like x 1
  16. roach

also jesse i always felt kind of guilty asking about this because idk your art situation but now i think i might as well go for it: i'd be really happy if you drew more pictures of bel and maybe even a picture of erskin, especially the handsome grownup sunslammer versions. i was looking at some scraps of your pencil drawings at your house all like, 'damn this is good shit' and 'erskin would look so hot drawn like this'.

• Like x 3
  17. jacktrash

i miss drawing ;_;

i'm so bored of overload bro, you don't even know, it's just super boring being wall-eyed with cog fog 24/7, there's all these things i want to do and instead i dig square holes in minecraft and struggle to remember to hydrate and go to the bathroom, it's balls

if you're talking about the drawings on the whiteboard in my room tho, those are by my friend lex -- there's one of murphy the time he did a whole mission in a speedo for the vine, and one of erskin and bel woofs which i think i tumblred a while back

• Like x 2
  18. roach

im sorry dude, that sucks so much. the drawings i was looking at were in the room i was staying in, i know your style! lex's woofs drawing was real cute tho

• Like x 1
  19. roach

okay i was thinking today about discworld's vampire erskin and retired dark clerk jethro, and, WOULDN'T IT BE REALLY CUTE if they met because erskin was methodically going from shop to shop trying to sell bat-powered pest control service. and his pitch was pretty terrible because he'd only been doing it since that morning. and jethro was like 'oh my god look at this twitchy loser he's trying so hard' and hired him to go over the yarn store for moths n shit. and then they fell in bromance.

(erskin von uberwald would have the most beautiful handwriting and the most terrible spelling.)

• Like x 7
  20. roach

[​IMG]
    so pretty!!

• Like x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice