Boat Trolls planning thread! (full of spoilers, non-players enter at your own risk)

Discussion in 'Boat Trolls RP' started by jacktrash, Jun 14, 2015.

1. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

ok my sleep schedule is freewheeling and it's midnight but i really want to rp that right now O,O

2. roach

roach hump rumpus professional

i definitely spent several hours carefully reading up on mining techniques but i really really want to rp this too ;__;

i feel weirdly guilty at starting a new RP thread, like it's ..... irresponsible? like, 'finish your other RPs, roach, there are children starving in china'. but it's also fun to bounce between universes when we're stuck on one or the other. and i've been enchanted over the idea of playing around in discworld for weeks now.

i could start a new thread if you want to go for it, i'd be stoked! but i feel like i need a clear go-ahead from you. otherwise we can just keep it as a cute hypothetical, like the western and highschool aus.

3. jacktrash

i'm kinda torn, cuz on the one hand that sounds wonderful, but on the other hand woofs sound relaxing too... but i don't know what to do next in the woofs rp... but...

ok you know what? this is for funsies, there's no Hafta. go ahead and start it up!

jethro's shop is probably kind of oddly nice and well-kept in an otherwise sort of rough neighborhood, and that's all i've really decided about it.

4. roach

okay, and if it's unfun, we'll delete it and pretend like it never happened, because clearly we're excellent writers who produce only top-notch gay loser drama.

• Like x 6
  5. jacktrash

6. roach

ankh morpork's fashion is also a complete dream for me because from all the various illustrations and adaptations it seems to be a ren faire patchwork of elizabethan, victorian, and ye medievale fanysy swordsery bullshit. i love it.

• Like x 1
  7. Mister Jethro

Mister Jethro A Perfectly Ordinary Shopkeeper

i'm imagining dark clerk jethro as a sort of combo steampunk gentleman and tweedy sweatery 1950's professor

ps i'm helplessly addicted to sub-accounts so i did the thing

• Like x 3
  8. roach

i think vampires have to rock the victorian look by law. erskin would be wearing shabby brown and cream colors with bright accent ties, though, to be as 'haha so i am definitely not a horrible nightmare monster i promise' as possible.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

god i am so fucking gay for the structure of regency collars and lapels though. GOD.

• Like x 1
  9. jacktrash

that purple one is particularly erskin, i approve.

i have no clue what actual clothing items jethro would wear, just that they would give the impression of being soft and huggable and trustworthy. he definitely has the round glasses and shaved head (not mohawk), and dresses in earth tones, with occasional whimsical brightly colored knit items.

• Like x 1
  10. roach

erskin, shop #2: 'what do you mean you don't need any help with your insect problem, this establishment is absolutely riddled with— ow! well it is! ow!'

• Like x 2
  11. roach

erskin's bats are probably the discworld equivalnt of brandt's bat, a cute lil brown and black fuzzling with a hilarious amount of teeths.

[​IMG]
    fuzzy wuzzy puffy friend

[​IMG]
    ok why do you even need that many teeth

• Like x 3
  12. jacktrash

because bugs are tiny and you wouldn't want them to escape between your fangs! jethro is enchanted.

13. roach

[​IMG] (the uk tweed run (DREAMY SIGHS))

[​IMG]
    a very action hero model but i like this outfit, harmless but elegant

[​IMG]
    more relaxed. very cute.

[​IMG] this is the kind of guy who's a librarian, but will also share his weed, which he got from a shaman in sri lanka probably

and finally http://tweedlandthegentlemansclub.blogspot.com/2016/04/tweed-more-tweed.html a whole fucking bunch of excellently layered and juxtaposed tweeds and knits that i wish i could touch. i want it to be autumn so i can look this fucking dapper...

• Like x 1
  14. jacktrash

oh oh oh oh my eyes are so happy

goodness yes

• Like x 1
  15. jacktrash

ok so imagine the guy on the left here

[​IMG]

trying very hard to come across as this fellow

[​IMG]

and that's our jethro. :D

• Like x 2
  16. roach

the brandt's bat is 4-8 grams, so with a median of 6 grams that means there's 75.5 bats per pound, multiplied by 14 to make 1057 bats per stone, multiplied by 9 stone to make 9513 bats. since erskin's probably nine and a bit, he could be an even ten thousand bats. which is a lot of bats.

weird fact of the night: brandt's bats can live up to 40 years, giving them one of the most dramatic disparities between weight and age for an animal.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2016
    • Like x 5
  17. Mister Jethro

that is an imperial fuckload of bats. i may have jethro nerd out on these figures later.

btw, misty cat just had a Confrontation with my cane. i'd leaned it against the laundry basket, and she noofed it, and it fell on her. This Is Personal.

• Like x 5
  18. roach

my new cat gremlin keeps trying to rub on my lamp, which has a ridiculously tiny base and tips over if you sneeze on it, so every time he rubs the shade it tips over and he looks scared. then he does it again in an hour. i've started to just leave it tipped over.

he also kept trying to rub up against rizzo, who was really uncertain about this whole 'new cat that's small enough to attack but the humans won't let me' thing. so he'd lean against rizzo, who would take a step backwards, and gremlin would stagger or even fall over. then he would get up and try again and rizzo would take another step back. cats are incredible.

• Like x 4
  19. Mister Jethro

would jethro know of the aspera family from his dark clerk days?

20. Mister Jethro

(oh god that rust and gold fair isle v-neck keeps dragging me back to stare. i NEED it.)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice