Boat Trolls planning thread! (full of spoilers, non-players enter at your own risk)

Discussion in 'Boat Trolls RP' started by jacktrash, Jun 14, 2015.

1. roach

roach hump rumpus professional

also i know we already started the thread with older bel getting dumped back in time to see younger erskine but now im VERY curious as to how captain aspera would handle being dumped in the middle of the fucking desert with young bel. and how young bel would deal with suddenly hot and capable and commanding erskin, back on planet.

2. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

re sex stuff: BLUSHING and pretending not to be squirmy about the whole concept. it is Very Hot but he has officially no opinion now stahp. re the desert, i think he'd actually give less pushback, because it's not his biome and he doesn't have the survival skills. he's ok with letting experts be experts. what gets his scruff up on the sunslammer is how he sees erskin as basically trying to stuff him in a broom closet until the week's up, and treating him as an incompetent baby who can't do anything without dying.

considering that he's safer by far on the ship than he has been literally since he was a grub, pretty much, he's got a bit of a point. you get a child soldier out of the war and THEN start treating him like a regular non-murdery child, he's going to get cognitive dissonance and lots of anger he's not mature enough to articulate.

but he also has no idea wtf is what on the ship, and has the personality of a wrecking ball, so please do continue to have erskin sit on him, as it is very amusing.

3. roach

yeah, erskin is seeing him as a loose cannonball on deck: he KNOWS bel's general personality, and is also deeply dismayed that he's got a completely untrained ensign that won't follow orders and gets insulted when told to stop doing stupid shit. if bel was any other kid but erskin's kismesis, and thus being afforded a LOT of benefit of the doubt, erskin would have smacked him a good one and shoved him in the brig for a night.

4. roach

i still think erskin being grandly and patronizingly unflappable about all of bel's (very good) barbs is extremely funny. bel can worry the guy, he can probably even infuriate him-- he just can't actually *insult* him.

• Like x 1
  5. jacktrash

HOLY SHIT ROACH I JUST REALIZED: space navy galley just got to hear/see all of teen bel's revelation about the helmscolumn being g'lbgolyb tissue and feeding on pain and fear. i have no idea what he would do about that but he is very smart and very paranoid, so probably something.

yes i'm distracting you because i don't know how murf should be reacting to anything. but also i'm pretty excited about navy galley having this knowlege. seeing as he's healthy and has had time to get used to having agency, but still an angry little punk.

• Agree x 1
  6. roach

bel, normally: i shouldn't drink
    captain aspera: you shouldn't drink
    bel: >8U

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  7. roach

also man i really don't know how galley would react to all that. im still uncertain of writing him! in my head he's very much still luka's character-- maybe we should go ask him?

8. roach

would you feel like playing with the discworld au? i've been on a discworld kick, lately...

9. jacktrash

ooh, discworld au. i don't remember what was happening there, but i'm certainly game!

10. roach

im hoping erskin's air of casual command comes off as handsome and confident and admirable (as does he, if he'd even pause to think about it) instead of just bratty and spoiled. he's still a very young captain, as these things go. but he's gotten used to being indulged by his crew.

11. roach

perhaps one of erskin's crew comes up to pester him and bel could see how much erskin is liked, as a captain, and how confidently he cares for his people? it could be very surprising considering how awkward and jumpy and cautious young erskin is around just about everyone.

edit: oh man maybe bel can see that erskin is basically the emergency maintenance technician, especially for plumbing problems, and clearly learned the skillset and foul vocabulary from rustbloods.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2019
  12. jacktrash

i like it, go for it! and that'll give us a lead-in to bel learning about ship maintenance.

13. roach

Man, bel would have had no idea that erskin could be mechanical. I don't think he is, by nature, but he's been thoroughly trained for it by his lowblood minders, and sweeps of practice has combined very well with his inclination for oddball, out-of-the-box answers to problems that aren't actually supposed to be solved.

If presented a locked door, erskin's nature is to go under or over or around, rather than try to find the key. And he's been raised by a bunch of guys with hammers and shovels and ladders.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2019
    • Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  14. jacktrash

erskin's mistake wasn't telling bel to wash dishes, it was making him curious about machinery. now he's gotta know.

sorry i've been so slow on replies, i've been trying not to spend all day at my computer, and also today in particular i was just feeling shitty and did a lot of sleeping.

• Witnessed x 1
  15. roach

im back to work for a chunk of this week, so im gonna be slow too. life happens!

• Agree x 1
  16. jacktrash

erskin: we have a complex mechanical system we're still in the process of optimizing
    bel: shiny eyes karkat.gif

• Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
  17. jacktrash

btw, to play on your metaphor: if presented with a locked door, Commander Bel is likely to social engineer someone into giving him a key, and if that doesn't work, kick the door in. Young Bel is going to feign interest in a different door until no one is looking, then drill the lock.

• Winner x 1
  18. jacktrash

re discworld au: we could have some fun with the coffee fortune from page 2 coming true somehow. or encounter some canon characters. i bet jethro is buddies with detritus and other troll watchmen; he appreciates their straightforward thinking. or maybe jethro's past as a Dark Clerk comes calling.

19. roach

oh i forgot to say! yesterday at work i daydreamed that arguus was a young igor employed by the asperas, and maybe went off and became a photographer for lainey's newspaper in ankh-morpork after the whole cloris thing happened. and maybe the next day in the game lainey and arguus could come into the yarn shop asking for some black thread because arguus's hand fell off or something!

also, if lainey and erskin got together, it'd be cute, and also set up the fact that erskin doesn't think much of the black ribboners and would easily rationalize his way back into drinking blood, especially if that blood is from busty and enthusiastic young women. which later sets him up as a prime suspect when a bunch of gruesome murders start happening.

• Winner x 1
  20. roach

i like the idea of arguus as an igor of such splendid engineering he manages to lisp not only his S's but also his everything.

• Winner x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice