Boat Trolls planning thread! (full of spoilers, non-players enter at your own risk)

Discussion in 'Boat Trolls RP' started by jacktrash, Jun 14, 2015.

1. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

bel has gone full hooah.

• Like x 3
  2. roach

roach hump rumpus professional

Haha he doesnt much like people angrily stonefacing at HIM does he

3. jacktrash

oh, he's not mad at her for stonefacing him, her rival just died at his hands, it's only fair. he's mad at erskin for making him even consider the morality of the situation, instead of coming at it like he's informing the lusus of a trainee that their charge died in a training accident.

• Like x 3
  4. jacktrash

i think bel is feeling a little like a vietnam draftee who came home with ptsd and got called baby-killer. except that he doesn't have that analogy handy, because anti-war protests aren't a thing in troll culture, so he just feels empty and persecuted and alone. also he's being a sulky bitch, so feel free to have ppl get annoyed with that. :D

• Like x 3
  5. roach

Ha! Poor dude. And erskin IS asking a lot, and i think he knows he is, but he can only care about feelings over results a certain amount, etc etc, commander stuff.

I think now that erskin's back on his feet and has kadros yelled at a bit, he'll get it into his head that bel is like, captain #2. Deputy? Vice-principal?

This means that bel gets a crash course in everything erskin considers 'captain stuff'. Which is everything.

Has he done scut-work since training? There must be a certain amount of gross shit to put up with during campaigns.

• Like x 1
  6. roach

It would be funny if bel thinks he's being punished with all the most miserable and degrading jobs. it would be extra funny if he mentions this thought to anyone.

7. jacktrash

Oh yeah, he's totally not afraid of getting dirty. I think he'll actually find it a huge relief. Erskin's willingness to get dirty is one of the things bel likes about him, because most space types it's like

[​IMG]

• Like x 5
  8. jacktrash

naw, he knows erskin does mucky jobs without complaint, so he won't assume it's punishment. he may get grumpy about it if it keeps him from doing what he sees as his REAL job, though -- that is, finding out what makes the Sunslammer tick, detecting the reasons it fails to tock, and getting the gears turning smoothly.

9. jacktrash

oh btw -- i've had bel saying 'crewman' where earth reality navy protocol would have him saying 'sailor' or 'airman' or whatever. i think he is really, really weirded out by people not addressing each other correctly. not so much in a stuck-up or authoritrian way but in an autistic way; that is the sound that is supposed to come out of your mouth, why are you making a different sound.

• Like x 4
  10. roach

makes sense! i don't actually... know all the terms myself... very well >__>

11. jacktrash

heh, i've just been googling them, i'll probably make any number of embarrassing mistakes.

• Like x 1
  12. roach

HUFF i must have rewritten his bitter little explanation like four times.

13. jacktrash

i wish military!bel wasnt so reticent, i keep wanting to have him say stuff like "but don't you have bags of filthy lucre?" but he just won't do it.

• Like x 3
  14. roach

I KNOW RIGHT erskin is also frustratingly glib and... non-expositiony? i keep wanting to be like HERE ARE THE DETAILS OF MY SORDID PAST but nope. also i had to cut this bit out because the feel wasn't quite right? he doesn't talk about grim stuff for more than a paragraph at a time, hmf.

..."And when I kicked about it, and demanded the respect owed to me, they said right, of course, sorry, and they took some poor little dirtscraper from somewhere along the supply line, and gutted her in front of me, and said there, the problem's fixed, you should be fine now."

You sip your coffee. "Wasn't fine, though. And I learned so slowly, that first sweep... They did it every time. They still do it now and then. They'll probably do it to you."
    That, and Erskin making explicit that he was a lost boy, and feral at the time he was scooped up for Ascension, will have to be things Bel hears about later, I guess.

I think he was less feral like raised-by-wolves children and more feral like Max is at the start of Fury Road tho, if less haunted and flash-back-y. He could manage a few words, knew about clothes and bartering, etc. Got his words back pretty fast after he started having to use them again.

• Like x 4
  15. jacktrash

i suspect that same "oh here we murdered some random jackass, now you should be satisfied" bull got pulled on bel a few times, but he was a ruthless and very angry young man who deeply enjoyed making his problems personal for the kind of people who would do that, and also sincerely didn't care if he died. so it didn't work on him.

it'd probably have to work on him now, though, because erskin probably wouldn't let him just murder the guy who picked out the scapegoat.

edit: in fact, erskin's really pulled bel's teeth, in terms of getting things done in the alternian military. bel will eventually start to kick at that, i think.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2015
    • Like x 4
  16. roach

"edit: in fact, erskin's really pulled bel's teeth, in terms of getting things done in the alternian military. bel will eventually start to kick at that, i think."

yeah and he probably should! erskin's doing his best with a gentle nondirect approach to fixing things, but he's also working himself and probably everyone else way too hard. the 'just do better' method is only effective to a certain extent.

bel might do best with a 'get things done, apologize later' attitude when it comes to strategic murders. erskin would be furious at him, and also furious at himself for having needed, so badly, for someone to have done it.

• Like x 2
  17. jacktrash

oooh, i really LIKE that. if bel is like "no trust me i know how to keep supply guys from dicking me around" and shoots the scapegoat-picking guy, and then he and erskin get in a big fight over it while everyone shouts NOW KISS at them.

also i was talking to luka and he said he lacks the spoons to play galley and requests you do it, as this verse's galley is an interpretation and can differ. and i threw kind of a joy tantrum because oh wow i would love to see your take on galley.

• Like x 6
  18. roach

Oh, dang. Hmm! A big responsibility! If Luka's okay with it I would definitely be interested in the challenge (and pleased to try and orchestrate Bel <3 Galley obviously).

• Like x 4
  19. roach

also i like that bel is like NOPE ERSKIN IS OUT OF MY LEAGUE HE IS NOT AVAILABLE NO WAY UNTOUCHABLE and it's like bel, based on what fuckin evidence???

• Like x 3
  20. jacktrash

probably one part general insecurity, one part bitter self-awareness (this bel is not v loveable, he's much less of a sweet doofus than teen bel), one part trying to convince himself not to hit on his boss because whoa buddy that's a terrible idea, and 592 parts 'no but he legitimately is motherfuckin royalty, he could bend the whole fleet over a desk if he just got his act together'.

• Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice